Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Foundation Tool on Roof?
Does anyone know if there's a way to put a foundation on the top of a building to make a roof out of it, the way you can do in TS2? I get an error about the tool needing to be used at ground level whenever I try... I was hoping there might be a workaround.

ETA: I realise this is in the wrong place. My bad! I tried to delete the thread but apparently I don't have permission...
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:37 PM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 6th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM.
no, I guess it technically is a help question, so to answer your question, no, you can't. There is no stage tool, as there was in the sims 2, yet for the sims 3. BUT if you wanted to achieve the effect i can give you REALLY REALLY basic and simple instructions to get this effect:

1) Build your house, be sure to leave a spot of land at least 3x3 unedited
2) use walls (pretend it is foundation) and build the "roof"
3) Add floor on top of the "roof"
4) Go to your unedited land, and use the stair tool to lover the terrain by 3 segments (3 flights, 12 steps, etc.)
5) now, in this hole add a block off foundation
6) Add the same amount of floors in your house to the foundation (if your house is 2 stories, your going to have the foundation, and then a 1x1 room on top of that, if it was 3 you would have 2 floors on top of the foundation, etc.)
7) Enter the cheat constrainFloorElevation false
8) Use the level terrain tool and drag form the TOP of the pillar you should now have, over to your house.

If you did that correctly then you should have a really really tiny wall on top of your house. It seems hard, but really it isn't at all. I can find you a tutorial if you find mine hard to follow, i wouldn't blame you . The same exact principal applies to the sims 3 as it did in the sims 2

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Site Helper
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Jun 2009 at 6:54 PM.
These are not foundation walls. They are normal walls, lowered to foundation height using the level tool after typing in the "constrainfloorelevation false" cheat. This cheat works similarly in TS3 as it did in TS2, so you could do a search for TS2 tutorials if you can't find any for TS3.

Note that in TS2, the cheat is typed:
boolprop constrainfloorelevation false

In TS3, the cheat is typed:
constrainfloorelevation false

Other than that one change, any TS2 tutorial for this technique should work.