Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Merola64 : 21st Jul 2006 at 4:12 PM. Reason: Status update
Default Multi Painting Update - Translation Help Wanted
Hello everyone

In my upcoming updated version of my Multi Painting, one "feature" I'd like to add is localized menu strings - translated to hopefully at least the bigger languages that Sims2 is available in. The only problem is that I can't translate myself, since I (of course) don't know all the languages. That's why your help is needed .

I have listed all strings I would like translated in a text file, if you help me translate them to another Sims2 language, I'll copy them into my updated object. And please, if you're not at least somewhat fluent in the language in question, don't help me translate! No offence intended, but if I wanted to use automatic online translators, I would've translated myself. Full instructions are available in the text file. If you simply exchange the existing English strings with your translated ones, that'll be fine.

Thanks a lot in advance :D

Sims2 Languages: (I don't expect to get translations to all of them, but here's what it can be translated to)
USEnglish - DONE!
UKEnglish - DONE! (I guess there are no necessary changes, but please do point them out if there are!)
French - DONE!
German - DONE!
Italian
Spanish - DONE!
Dutch - Translation in progress?
Danish
Swedish - DONE!
Norwegian - DONE!
Finnish
Portuguese - DONE!
Japanese
Polish
SimplifiedChinese
TraditionalChinese
Thai - DONE!
Korean - DONE!
Czech
<Unknown> (Language #28, could this be Hungarian?) - Translation in progress?
Brazilian - DONE!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ME_MultiPaintingTranslation.txt (5.1 KB, 509 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 7:45 AM
Could the next update please also have open for busnuis and nightlife funktions please?
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 2:48 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 2nd Jul 2006 at 3:44 PM. Reason: removed long quote
Hi there!
I've just read your ad and I'd like to join your team. I really want to help you. I speak english and hungarian. I could translate this into hungarian.
I'm waiting for you reply:
Chris (1568)
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM
Hi,

I've made the french translation, wanted to PM it but too much messages in you box ...

Tell me what to do and if you still need it ? (may be it's already done ...)

Anyway thanks for your work !
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 11:01 PM
Bradster220: No, sorry.

Chris (1568): You're very welcome to help me . You can find all the English text in the file attached above, along with some instructions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cleoh: I've cleaned up my PMs, so you should be able to send me one now. You're the first to do a French translation, thanks a lot for your help .
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 1:02 AM
Hi!
I'd like to help with the translations also...
and I will be translating Korean!
but I have some questions before I start...
If I send you the Korean translations in text file
I don't think your computer is able to read it
so...do I send it to you in image file?
If you have better methods tell me please!!
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Merola64 : 5th Jul 2006 at 8:15 PM.
Hi there

Let's try with a text file or something similar first, and if that doesn't work I'll try to find some other way. An image wouldn't really work, since then I wouldn't be able to copy the texts into my object.

I guess you are the same person as the one who emailed me, if not then there are two of you translating to Korean .

EDIT: Something seems to be wrong with my notifications, there is apparently another person that has already translated it to Korean. Sorry for the incovenience.
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 12:02 AM
raquelmllr: Sorry, but I do not understand you - I only speak Swedish, English and a bit German.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 9:35 AM
Is there any one going to do the Thai translation?
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 10:19 AM
Not that I know of, so feel free translate it
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:06 PM
with your update could you possibly add a the school function for sims 2 university as well?? thank ya

Mac & PC Player
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 9:56 PM
I am just wondering the status of the update. Is there a way you can put the image file in the package so we are able to recolor the painting ourself...like put our family portrait in it?
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:43 PM
Is the update going to work for pets too?? I would love to have this work on my pets as well, particulairly the days until age feature as pets seem to age very quickly.
Thank you very much for this wonderful mod!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:11 PM
Default Italian translation
Hi!
I'm using your multipurpose painting and it's GREAT!
I'd like to contribute, translating it into my native language... italian.
My translation is ready.
How con I send it to you?
Thanks for you wonderful work!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:31 PM
This picture don't work with "Pets"?
It's a pity. ._.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM
Multi painting for university,seasons or bon voyaje
I love this mod and i wanted a version for university or seasons or somethig compatible with the last ep