Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2006 at 1:53 PM Last edited by Cleoh : 13th May 2006 at 2:24 PM.
Mini Tutorial : Fixing the deformed earrings problem
I've heard that many people had the problem of deformed earrings,
after a lot of testing I've finally found the way to avoid this problem.

So I hope it could be usefull to post it for the community.

Notes :
- It's not an extended tutorial because others have already written
all you need to know about accessory editing.(see References).
- Those lines only focuses on the deformation problem some have
experienced when making earrings meshes.

References :

The basic method follow the steps given by Brianna's tutorial for Body meshing
and rewritten by Tiggerypum here.
(Thanks again to them for the so precious informations they gave).

Specific informations concerning accessories editing have been summarized
by Dr Pixel in this thread.

Procedure :

1) Follow Brianna's/Tiggerypum tutorial until you reach Part IV;
but instead of cloning a cloth item, choose some sunglasses.

2) When it's time to attach you new mesh to the temp skin, follow
the explanations given by Dr Pixel in the Info Center.

But : Instead of replacing the two sets of Resource Node and Shape
by the ones you've extracted from you new mesh package,
only replace the first top set.
Don't forget to click Commit.

That's all.
For the rest of the process and further informations,
read the threads I'v referenced above.

I hope you can now enjoy you perfect non-deformed earrings in you game !
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th May 2006 at 2:02 PM
Thanks I'll go try that!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Instructor
#3 Old 17th May 2006 at 7:26 PM
Thanks Cleoh for the information! In fact this will be useful for much more than earrings since all accessory meshes have the deformation problem. I've been able to fix nipple rings by following the method Boblishman used for his trekkie glasses, but this is much easier.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2006 at 11:58 PM Last edited by Cleoh : 25th Jun 2006 at 4:56 PM.
I'm very glad to know that this helped others.

As I said before I've learned so much from here that it's the less I could do (share my
very little knowledge).

----------------------------

Decided to delete some stupid and totally out of topic words.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 8:33 PM
I tried this in an accessory, but it did not work. The new mesh did not show up, it did only after I removed the second original set of CRES and SHPE also, but now it is deforming.
I tried quite some searches to find the mentioned alternative method by boblishman, but no search showed it up. Would someone be so kind to point me to bob's explanations? Thanks!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 10:30 PM
Xan, I got the information from Kavar who got it from Bob, but there's no tutorial yet; it comes down include clones of the original second mesh in your mesh package and link to those instead of leaving the links to the original : you need to find in the CAS face packages the ones with a name matching the glasses you're using, with "mask" in the name, and add the 4 mesh files to your mesh package (after fixing integrity separately); then in the 3D ID referencing file, replace the links to the second set with those. Um - is this clear?

Still I'm curious since I successfully used both methods with the thick rims glasses - which base glasses mesh did you use?

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:37 AM Last edited by Tanasoo : 21st Feb 2007 at 6:04 AM.
Well I found this topic having the same problem. The solution Cleoh posted didn't seem to work, and the mesh still deformed. I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but it seems like when you replace the mesh, it will remember the position of the old vertexes, and then it will take the new vertexes with the same number and put them in the old position...

Any way just as I was about to pester you with a post about the problem, I discovered a solution. I simply tried to make a recolor of the scrambled accessory, and it worked! Go figure... I hope this will help anyone that has the same problem

*Edit* This problem is due to the Cache files in your sims 2 and projects folders, just delete all of the files under the sub folders in both directories and the problem should be solved.