Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:49 AM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:28 PM.
Default MTS2 Supporter and Site Upgrades
Hi All,

As per the feedback on the poll on the right, I've added a monthly donaters link to the site. This allows people who want to contribute something each month to do so, but also means that people who want to donate every so often can too.

This is a purely voluntary action - you do *not* get restricted if you do or don't donate, nor do you get access to anything that you wouldn't otherwise get.

Regular Donaters get a little simolean symbol under the title which identifies them - other than that there is nothing special apart from they are great for supporting us Thanks to tkdjunkie for the simolean icon :D

The regular donation link will stay up, but again, you dont have to donate if you dont want. The subscription page can be accessed via the User Control Panel, and then Paid Subscriptions, or by clicking on http://www.modthesims2.com/subscriptions.php

This is a PayPal subscription set to every 30 days, and you can cancel it from your PayPal account screen if you wish.

Thank you to everybody who has donated so far!

In other news, I've ordered a memory upgrade for the server from 2gb to 4gb. This should alleviate the slowness problems that we see during busy times. When I get confirmation of the downtime I will update this news item.

I've also asked for us to be upgraded to unlimited bandwidth at a cost of $500 a month. This seems quite high, and is partly the reason for the MTS2 Supporter scheme as detailed above. However, we dont want the site to go offline becuase it exceeds bandwidth so this is the best solution.

As always, any comments would be appreciated.

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 3:13 PM
Delphy, do you know when the Simolean icon will show up next to our names? It doesn't seem to show up immediately, so I'm thinking it's a manual add? Just curious. :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Delphy : 10th Feb 2005 at 5:59 PM.
Edit: All fixed now - automatic icons are now being delivered, and most people who have already subscribed are added too.

If you dont have an icon, check your email

Regards
Delphy
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 6:14 PM
Just where is the monthly donation site? I don't see it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 6:29 PM
mac,

http://www.modthesims2.com/subscriptions.php

It's in the news article
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 6:56 PM
and for those that dont use paypal?
#7 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 7:44 PM
whats an evil admin of doom....and wheres me s thing...come on haircut i want me s thing coz ive never seen it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:24 PM
alessbarb, currently only paypal is supported.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 11:21 PM
whats the money sign for next to your names?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:26 AM
...thats the whole point of this news item It means that person has subscribed to a monthly donation.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaythong8
whats the money sign for next to your names?

It means they have made over 1,000,000 Simoleans in the game, w/o using hacks. Very hard to get.

Couldn't resist, seeing as how the answer, was, you know, at the top of the page. :howdy:

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 7:27 PM
I have donated today, not because I have to, but because I have a great admiration and repect for all of the people who are working so very hard to bring us new things for our game. I hope that everyone who is able also shows their support to this site. It is a very informative and helpful place to come.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 7:16 AM
I wished I could pay with VISA..
#14 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:56 PM
Could you have it so odnators can have a custom title?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:11 PM
urt31, it's already been decided, and said, that donaters do not get special things that normal users can have.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:59 PM
wow...should have waited a few weeks before i donated

now it will be awhile before i can get a simoleon too

*pout*

seriously i think this is a great idea
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 8:08 PM
Be in the Official MTS2 Photo Album.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...04&page=1&pp=25

Any Void{Space} in Relation to the Helix{Squared} associates Mass within the Dark-Matter is enveloped and fused within a Golden Spiral.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 3:49 AM Last edited by jacktoon : 27th Feb 2005 at 3:52 AM.
As time goes on, I notice that the few new meshes available are being used by the pay sites with no or very little credit givin to the creators. This seems to be the trend. They will use your tools and create for themselves a good living. why not charge the pay sites a royalty fee? Maxies or EA doesen't seem to be interested in suing the paysites so why think they would go after you? Take crechbaby of sim chic for example, she has a blatent advertisement for her paysite in skinning, she charges 3 uros for a mesh she got for free, allbeit her art is stunning she should pay you for your work, and so support the site.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 3:35 PM
Beginning a new month allowed me to become a subscriber,or whatever you want to call it.I still feel like after all these months,first lurking only from October till finally registering awhile ago,I have by far gained more than I could return with all the shared knowledge,commardity(sp?),and hacks,mods,recolors,skins,tutorials,meshes,ideas,fun,I could go on & on.But at least I'll do what I can each month from here on out in hopes that this community in it's current state of sharing,not selling will be able to continue on and on!
Thanks Delphy,and everyone else that makes MTS2 a great place to belong!

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 5:38 PM
Hi there.

Truth is that is has crossed my mind to donate to MTS2 but it seams a little complicated for me being in the other side of the world e.t.c.
Can someone please tell me, how does PayPal work?
Also I must say that I don't own a credit card (it is not so essential where I live just yet)
If only i could put some dollars in an envelope and send them over....
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 8:52 PM
You can use a bank accoutn with Paypal. It's very easy to setup. I've got a credit card and two bank accounts linked to it. If you link a bank account, they'll put deposits of a few cents in, and then have you verify your account by telling them how much they put in. Very simple really!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:10 PM
I've just noticed the current funds only show $140, but having read the income and expense breakdown that doesn't seem congruous. Is something not up to date, or is there some artefact in the way the calculation has been done for that field, if it's automatically generated?
Instructor
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 2:06 AM
Inge, you have your own website for which you won't release any financial records. You're in thick with variousimmers.net , where Rentechd wants to destroy Delphy's website. You've personally attacked me.
Tell me now, Why is it your business what they do with the MTS2 donations?
Thanks for turning your back on your downloaders too, no forum, no tech support. You're so selfish.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 9:39 AM
Hi TTN, RGiles knows why I asked this, and it's not what you seem to be implying.

To answer you other points: I don't take donations or subscriptions so there are no records to reveal. I did indeed criticise you personally. A link to contact me is visible on every page of my website and I give support by either private email or through my Yahoo group. I prefer not to comment about the allegation you are making concerning someone else and their site.

HTH
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mcwick
You can use a bank accoutn with Paypal. It's very easy to setup. I've got a credit card and two bank accounts linked to it. If you link a bank account, they'll put deposits of a few cents in, and then have you verify your account by telling them how much they put in. Very simple really!

You cannot use a bank account in every country.
In France you can't for sample :-(
Page 1 of 3