Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 1st Aug 2018 at 1:27 AM.
Default Collecting taxes (or custom bills) - What would you USE the funds you collected for?
The topic about what kind of taxes/fees has been discussed before, but I wonder more about:
- What do you do with the actual collected funds?

In my "uber/ultra/extra large"-uberhood (both pre-made and user-made hoods combined, no clue what comes after uber ), I take taxes instead of standard maxi bills for all of my sims, including elders and adults and currently only done their education fees which range between 200 to 60,000 per sims depending on social status and education. If they can't afford it, I have them take mini loans with loan jar and hacked computers. But as I go through all families with these taxes, which are used instead of maxi bills, the major's totally funds adds up very quickly and my major has collected almost FIVE MILLIONS in total taxes from all the households in total and the number keeps getting higher and higher as I include house bills, welfare, childcare etc to make the game a tad harder as I'm not that fond of alternating the careers or skills (which is already limited to their "motivation" level).

Since they are collected regularly, it wont take long to reach to the vanilla maxi limits (9,999,999?) , so they can't only sit there and I prefer it to be collected to the Major's family total funds rather than their accounts on Monique computer, because the major is an elder and it's frustrating to change the tax receiver (I.e. with payee mods which is invidually) when the major dies in some way.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:34 PM
I use mine for hood improvements. Instead of making parks beautiful or adding loos to libraries magically, I have the mayor's family 'own' the lots and spend tax money (paid to them directly) to make those updates to them. When the mayor needs money for one thing, they can replace more expensive things on one lot with cheaper ones to fund it, bearing in mind that using cheaper things 'degrades' the lot and that won't make them popular with their constituents!

I use college tuition to build, run and update schools. It bugged me that it just went to nowhere, so the first crop of students at uni all end up paying off their student loans to the education minister back in the main hood. Then schools in the main hood get regular money for updates and upkeep (and to pay non-teaching staff), and tuition goes to something useful.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 1:13 AM
If you want to tax your sims then get Inge's Sims 2 Mortgages Shrubs and then just waist the money on what ever and from now on you have taxes they pay. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Mortgages.htm

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 1:24 AM
I already tax my sims, marka93, by sending the Money to the majors main funds directly instead, using Monique Hacked computer. Because payee/payeer bills are an hassle to do when doing it to every living sim.

I've the mortage scrubs but prefer sending the Money to a sim instead thin air.

My "dilemma" is that i've advanced that far before and end up collecting so much money that my major might not able to store it normally and figure out what to use it for - Upgrades, Community lots, donation to various areas like research etc. But stuck in how to ahead with this.
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 2:48 AM
In addition to using funds for building, I also consider many salaries to be paid by the city (teachers, doctors, construction workers, politicians, military, etc) and make scholarships and prizes available to deserving students. The mayor can get rid of money that's supposed to cover salaries by using the 'donate' feature on the hacked computer.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 3:26 AM
At the moment, all of the taxes in Kesry go straight toward unlocking a university. Once that's done, they'll go toward maintaining the homeless shelter, the orphanage, and the (future) retirement home. I'll probably also use them to build and improve upon public parks and other such community lots.

Rather than sending the money to a mayor (which my town doesn't have yet as I haven't unlocked the political career), I keep track of how much money is deducted from each household on a sticky note. Once the page is full, I add up all of the listed amounts and then add them to the uni fund on the neighborhood's Google Doc.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 3:26 AM
Mayor Mary Sue Pleasant had acquired quite a lot of money from taxes. She used the proceeds to pay off the claims of negligence and abuse for some former prison inmates who were illegally imprisoned. $20,000 each-for 5 people. That's a lot of taxes...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you want to tax your sims then get Inge's Sims 2 Mortgages Shrubs and then just waist the money on what ever and from now on you have taxes they pay. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Mortgages.htm

This is the greatest thing i have ever seen!! !I love it.

My mayor lives in a homeless shelter that i built in my game...he has 5 million in his bank account but he prefers to live at the bus stop. He's a cheapskate and won't spend a dime unless it is for snacks and beer. He's also really loud and gets into fights with people often, no woman in the game will marry him though despite his riches, such is life =[

I tax my sims and I use the money to build parks and infrastructure. One tree = $50 for me. I do sometimes beauty my hood but it is difficult
Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 5:40 PM
If you have Chris Hatch's bus stops, you can also use the tax money for those! I like to have the Transport Authority (another offshoot of the mayor's office) send the required S1000 to shops and businesses so that they can purchase the bus stops to put outside.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 8:54 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Little Typo
Well the consensus among many modern politicians is, if you have a large surplus, it's time to introduce big tax cuts. To be most effective, these tax cuts should be targeted at the richest Sims, who will be certain to know how to spend the money wisely. And a mysterious process known as "trickle-down" will ensure that everyone in the neighbourhood benefits.

Another area which is too often neglected is military expenditure. Simwardrobe used to do a powerful incendiary bomb, and you should still be able to get it via the link in Bulbizarre's signature. Now of course I'm not going to suggest that you use these bombs to kill your Sims -- as a long-standing and passionate advocate of Sims' rights, I'd hardly do that. But those who understand these things assure us that, the more bombs you have, the less chance there is of you having a war. (I presume the idea is that no one would dare to attack you.) I've mentioned the problem to a couple of Sims in my game (Consort Capp and General "Buzz" Grunt) and they both agree that this would be a good course of action in dealing with a budget surplus. By all means involve Sims in senior positions in the political and military careers in the detailed discussions, and possibly senior business Sims could be consulted too, but dividing the surplus between tax cuts for the rich and a big stockpile of bombs will surely guarantee your neighbourhood a golden future of peace and prosperity! Won't it?

I hope this isn't too political. But The Sims 2 is life simulation, and politics are an essential part of life -- even for Sims. And deciding how to spend tax revenues is surely a political decision.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well the consensus among many modern politicians is, if you have a large surplus, it's time to introduce big tax cuts. To be most effective, these tax cuts should be targeted at the richest Sims, who will be certain to know how to spend the money wisely. And a mysterious process known as "trickle-down" will ensure that everyone in the neighbourhood benefits.

Another area with is too often neglected is military expenditure. Simwardrobe used to do a powerful incendiary bomb, and you should still be able to get it via the link in Bulbizarre's signature. Now of course I'm not going to suggest that you use these bombs to kill your Sims -- as a long-standing and passionate advocate of Sims' rights, I'd hardly do that. But those who understand these things assure us that, the more bombs you have, the less chance there is of you having a war. (I presume the idea is that no one would dare to attack you.) I've mentioned the problem to a couple of Sims in my game (Consort Capp and General "Buzz" Grunt) and they both agree that this would be a good course of action in dealing with a budget surplus. By all means involve Sims in senior positions in the political and military careers in the detailed discussions, and possibly senior business Sims could be consulted too, but dividing the surplus between tax cuts for the rich and a big stockpile of bombs will surely guarantee your neighbourhood a golden future of peace and prosperity! Won't it?

I hope this isn't too political. But The Sims 2 is life simulation, and politics are an essential part of life -- even for Sims. And deciding how to spend tax revenues is surely a political decision.

"Brilliant"
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:38 PM
Mostly graft and prostitutes of governmental officials.

I actually have no plan for it. I just subtract the money from the pixels and go on. One of the problems with OCD is that anything can become all consuming. If I allowed myself to start tracking the money collected, it could be bad news.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:45 AM.
I'm diagnosed with Asperger syndrome so I can be very finicky with what I'm doing, even with pixel stuff. I just use the hacked computer and have specific amount for various stuff (i.e a basic education to read and write is $200 but a whole degree to reach politic career cost 50K if its a high rank family like elites or nobility. Then I just send it off, take loan if necessary to the majors family. That's it. No need to count it with calculators, excel or similar, just check the household total funds and I'm not super exact so it doesn't mater if the Major use some of it for his own pleasure, because currently it's a surplus situation regardless. :

Andrew Gloria.
Well, problem is, Politics is on my Top hated topics because I'm CLUE-less about it. I keep mistake the British royal family with the Swedish ones. :I just know that if I vote for something, I prioritize environment over change on how grades works in Sweden. When I was teen, we used G/VG/IG system which just means a "(very/not) good" grade, now it's the A/B/C/D grades. That change or ones related greenhouse effects (i.e gases), I'm more interested in that than some education/job based changes.

As for military, I was consider establishing an military bases, because I use random occurrences and while tested it, it suggested that a war would break out next rotation, so I *might* play that scenario out..

and for upgrading community lots, I'm VERY lazy just to build or play them, so that might be more of an hassle than fun way to get some usages of the taxed/fee funds that's not too cheaty.