Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:37 PM
Default What did you do with the sim bin families?
You know the ones. Picaso, Gieke, Cooke, Larson, Roseland, Ramaswami, Goodie, Newson, the Ottomas clan -- heck, even the Kim and Kat families! I am curious to know what happened with all of these families in other people's games. I've yet to see a "What did you do with...?" thread specifically pertaining to the bin families, but if I'm beating a dead horse here in terms of thread history, please let me know. Also feel free to include any stories about bin families I haven't listed here!

In my current megahood, I've only moved in the Larsons, the Ramaswamis, and Julien Cooke and Alexandra Teatherton. I'm nearing the end of my fifth rotation and am looking to move the rest of the bin families in to fill out some subhoods, mostly Riverblossom Hills, which has really become a ghost town as of late.

Jason and Jodie Larson are both married and living in separate homes in Bluewater Village. Jason married a townie named Charles Schehl who he met while working as a Detective. Charles is a SWAT team member. Jodie dated Malcolm Landgraab for a few years before they married and he whisked her off to his chalet on the hill. They have a daughter named Leslie who, with her genetics, bears a striking resemblance to a toad.

The Ramaswamis moved into a townhome in Downtown Pleasantview, where they had a son named Kabir. He looks almost exactly like his mother. Not much besides promotions and parties has really gone on with Priya and Sanjay, however Kabir is engaged in a bitter rivalry with the Gavigans' youngest child.

I'll include more later on. Eager to learn what everyone's done!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM
I would love to, but it will be an encyclopedia

They are all elders now in my hood, most of them retired and living in the retirement subhood, with children and grandchildren (except for Julian Cooke, he has been living with his townie girl friend forever and they still throw parties in their golden years, and Cyd Roseland, who has always had a bevy of girlfriends, but was too busy between work and Porthos to actually find a spouse, and after the death of Porthos has been far more interested in seeing the ghost than in anything else); as well as : Jodie Larson never married or had kids, but she reached the top of the medical career, has not moved to the retirement hood yet and is very fond of her brother, Jason, and his wife, Amanda, and their twins. Jason and Amanda own a furniture shop.

The Traveler and Picaso families raised 9 daughters between them. In a serious effort to prevent the surnames from dying out, Mathilda Picaso and Theresa Traveler have adopted. As soon as the young adopted Theodore Traveler was old enough, Trent took him on holiday. Mathilda got a girl, but she is not unhappy, little Lilian is a lovely kid. She has married since, so the ball is now in young Emily Picaso's court - she is the only unmarried daughter left. Jessica gardens, is a member of the Garden Club and serves comfort soup in her free time at the Unemployment Center. Matthew trains young sims at the obstacle course in the park and likes having dinners with his daughters. Trent and Trisha have a small gift shop.

The Ramaswamis had twins, Sanjay and Sanjeev, who both also had twins, four boys, so I guess their surname is as safe as can be. Priya writes books and Sanjay still performs at the community hall, where he is very popular. The grandkids are all thinking of following in their grandfather's foot steps. Parties and family reunions also happen a lot there.

Chester Gieke raised his alien twins all by himself before getting married to his wife, Christi, and had two more kids. He is spending time on community lots teaching other Sims, and she does that as well, but Chester is more outgoing than his wife, and has spent the money he inherited from his good friend, Dora Ottomas, on outings with friends.

Not in the retirement hood, though:

Samantha Ottomas is into pottery in her elder years, Peter is very serene and loves to spend time with his children and grandchildren (and there are a lot of them). They all come home to stay for a while after graduating from Uni - and Samantha loves to take her children and grandchildren to the park.

Young Isaiah Gavigan married Tina Traveler and they had two sets of twins. Mary is helping to raise them and Nathan is still working, he has reached the top of the Adventure career. Isaiah's sister, Naomi, also got married and is pregnant now.

Herbert and Faith Goodie have adopted two children, and raised them well. They have one grandchild, a boy called Herbert Lewis Goodie. They probably have to be allowed to die at some stage, but I am rather fond of both of them, and they are important in my hood - fortunately, they have enough elixir of life for a while.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
I plan to place all the bin families into my BaCC hood Mesa Vista. So far the Goodies, Newsons and Ramaswamis have moved in.

Goodie:
My plan was to have them run the local church after aging them down to adults with Pescado's chalice of days, but Faith's LTW to be a Criminal Mastermind and Herbert's penchant for telling dirty jokes waylaid that plan for a couple of weeks. Faith got that out of her system after topping the Criminal career, and they're sorta back on track, but have an uneasy relationship and no kids together yet.
They adopted two girls, Annika and Angela, which brought them closer together. Annika was a ploy by Herbert to guilt Faith to quitting her criminal job (which didn't work).
The next time I play them, they will open an orphanage out of their home.

Newson:
They're very industrious (they have to be in a Build a City Challenge!). They into an affordable but roomy Plasticbox house, and I have mostly focused on getting them to adulthood in decent shape while keeping my sanity.
Gavin, Gallagher and Garrett are all Fortune aspiration and have LTWs perfectly suited to a BaCC.
Gavin struggled horribly in school, but he's an adult now so he'll move to an apartment and work on his LTW to be a Business Tycoon.
Gallagher wants to earn 100,000 simoleons, gets good grades and works after school to help with the finances.
Garrett also excels in school and wants to own 5 top-level businesses. His first one is an outdoor karaoke club (no money for a building yet), and I plan for his next four to be clubs as well (poker, Myshuno, chess, a bar, etc) so more people can enter the Slacker career in my challenge.
Ginger, Gabriella and Georgia are Family, Romance and Popularity.
Ginger did okay in school and sells flower arrangements at her plant stand, and is working on getting a gold badge to bring snapdragons to town. She just became an adult so she'll move out and pursue her want to have a golden anniversary.
Gabriella, who wants to top the Athletic career, is really into fitness, goes jogging a lot, and makes protein shakes and chef salads for the family. She's also on the prowl for boys her own age, and not having much success.
Georgia wants to top Journalism and gets great grades.

Ramaswami:
They're a very affectionate couple, and are one of my designer diaries households, having purchased a remodeled and way toned-down version of the Fiesta Fortress from the lot bin, renamed Private India for the front courtyard.
They are working in their respective LTW careers: Sanjay in Music and Priya in Journalism, so they can earn the money to furnish and landscape their home.
They have a baby boy named Madin, and Sanjay just bought a business, Asha Jewelry (store).

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:32 PM
I play with empty neighborhoods. No bin families in my game -- and I like it that way!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:42 PM
I ate them. Nom.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:32 PM
I use empty stealth hoods which prevents them from showing up in my game. I prefer that they are not there.
Alchemist
#7 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:48 PM
the families from the hidden sub-neighborhoods?
I do not yet have any of those packs

the occupied lots in the pre-made lot bin?
I do not yet have Pets.

In most neighborhoods I plan to place the hidden sub-neighborhood households in the neighborhood's downtown.
the occupied lots I plan to place in some custom neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:42 PM
I've played them a few times though I usually prevent them from showing up.

I married the Kat lady to the McGreggor farmer in my Uberhood. They are expecting triplets - and have about a million cats. (I made him some ratcatchers before she moved in.)

My favourite iteration of the Newsons is also in the Uberhood. I gave them some money and they moved into the Tricou house. I dyed all of their hair and they are "on the run" from social services since their adoptive parents died and they don't want to be split up. It's fun to play them like that in secret with the teens making dribs and drabs of money where they can.

I usually make the Gavigans and Ottomas families friends. Isaac is secretly jealous of the Ottomas clan because he'd love a brother or sister. His parents feel faintly horrified at the thought!

The Kims train their pets for the Showbiz career.

The Picasos move into the Military housing complex in Strangetown. They have children.

The Larson twins in one neighbourhood trained police dogs.

Cyd Roseland was the caretaker for Belladonna Cove Primary School.

I can't remember what I did with Chester or the Ramaswamis (except Chester lives alone and the Ramaswamis have kids).

The Goodies became foster parents in one of my hoods, looking after kids taken by the social worker until they found adoptive families.

Julian Cooke got together with Brandi Broke in Pleasantview. They had a child together and then Brandi had her two younger sons taken by the social worker (They went to the Goodies' for a while!) so she asked Julian to look after their daughter and has currently disappeared. (I can't remember her name :/)

The Travellers live in the Baba Yaga house in Belladonna Cove. I have barely played them.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:00 PM
Mary Gavigan is a family sim - she should not be horrified at having more kids so that Isaiah can have siblings? Did you change her LTW?

Forgetting what one has done with Chester, to me, who is extremely fond of him, just makes no sense - I can remember what I did with him in my first hood, which has blown up into space around 7 or 8 years ago
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:24 PM
The responses are pretty varied overall. There seems to be a fairly large number of people who've gotten rid of the bin families, which I understand for those who just don't want to play premades. Those of you who did play them had quite a bit of variation in their lives. Particularly, I enjoy Justpetro's concept of a retirement subhood, as well as the keeping surnames business. I would commit to the challenge, but there are already some playables' names in my Megahood that have disappeared.

In my game, the Gavigans, Travelers, and Ramaswamis all live in the same town house complex with a playground sandwiched between. Isaiah grew up into a strapping but immature teenager, who much prefers looking cool and going out with his girlfriend to doing homework. As a result, he's failing school and his girlfriend, Tina Traveler, has fallen pregnant from their antics.

Tina has moved in with the family and is helping Mary maintain the home. She has a great relationship with all the Gavigans, and they actually couldn't be happier that she's joined the family and is bringing a new baby into it as well. I mean, ideally they'd have liked to see she and Isaiah older and married before having a baby, but there's no time like the present. Mary is glad but a little horrified to be a grandmother at her age. She just had her second child, a boy called Jesse who is terribly mean, not too long ago anyway.

Trisha and Trent Traveler have led an alternative lifestyle overall to the majority of their neighbors. Trent is an artist and works from home, painting and sculpting. Trisha puttered about for a while, poking her nose into all of her neighbors' lives until growing bored. Then she picked up a job waitressing to pursue her dreams of being a celebrity chef. Ironically, with all of Trisha's snooping, she has no idea that her husband has been seeing Nina Caliente on the side.

Julien Cooke moved into one of the condos in Pleasantview and leapt right into a culinary career. He dated around a bit, and was quite adamant about pursuing Nina Caliente until he met Patricia Wan at a party. It seems the woman hosting, Camryn Lee-Shikibu, was the wife of Patricia's best friend and roommate, Cleo, and there they met and danced in the great room at their house in Riverblossom Hills. After a couple years of dating, Patricia moved in and Julien took it upon himself to propose in the grandest manner he could imagine: a booming party with all their friends. She said yes, and they were later married, and she is now expecting their first child.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
I move them in and make them part of my storyline in my neighbourhood. How involved they are usually varies, but they're there, mostly to provide my Sims with additional friends for promotions (and for want fulfilling).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:09 AM Last edited by marka93 : 10th Aug 2017 at 3:00 PM.
When I want to play them I get Viper Canyon from http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/?skip=30 and play them. This is the only hood I have them in because I use clean and empty one's to keep them out.

Most of them are dead now and on the 3rd to 4th gen, its been a long time ago since I played this hood and may have to revisit it soon.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:17 AM
I modded them out because I wanted to play with my own Sims, but I might get the hood marka linked to and play with them when there's a lull in my own hoods.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:43 AM
I play the bin families in nearly every hood; as I usually have three or four hoods on the go, and start over when a computer dies on me, I've played them all many times!

Sometimes the Newsons make it on their own, sometimes they're fostered by the Goodies or in an orphanage, and one time the teens lost custody. In that iteration, Garrett was adopted by Johnny and Ophelia and had a torrid affair with his adoptive Great-Uncle Vidcund (not my idea; he just rolled a want for it).

Likewise with the Ottomai: sometimes the parents keep custody of all their kids, sometimes they get taken away and David has to adopt them.

The Picasos and Gavigans always have a bunch of kids and usually manage to keep custody. In Sheffield, Isaiah Gavigan has just married Georgia Newson, while Alice Picaso is engaged to Daniel Ottomas.

Chester Gieke always has a kitten (he just strikes me as a cat person), and may or may not marry. If he doesn't marry, he tends to have an alien baby, but he's currently married to Marylena Hamilton in Sheffield, and they have a regular toddler named Lucy.

Cyd Roseland rarely marries (I don't remember him ever doing so, but he probably has). In the Victorian hood, I've cast him as a gamekeeper, living in that tiny hut from Pleasantview; he also adopted the Critturs, so had six dogs at one point -- very handy for seeing off poachers. If they're not adopted by Cyd, the Critturs usually go to the richest family in town.

Julien Cooke is usually pretty boring, but in Strangetown he adopted Gabriella Newson and was an excellent single dad; and in Sheffield he married a male townie and adopted a little girl, as well as being stepdad to alien twins.

The Ramaswamis have only once chosen to have children, many years ago in Riverblossom Hills -- although I think Priya in Belladonna Cove has at least rolled a want for it, so that would make a change from their usual rather dull existence.

The Goodies usually adopt, or sometimes they foster the Newsons. I always think of them as a retired missionary couple.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:28 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 10th Aug 2017 at 5:01 AM.
I move them into my neighborhood. I haven't moved all of them in. I'm playing Strangetown + Widespot right now and have moved in the Ramaswami, Ottomas, Gavigan, Newson and Traveller houesholds.

I've only played Ramaswami, Ottomas and Newson households so far, and only for one week. The Ramaswami's have twins, Jahan and Amara, a boy and girl. They are still infants. They are a very popular household. Parties, people always over..
It's been awhile since I played Ottomas and Newson (i've been working on round 1 for awhile now...) but I can easily check what i've done on my Simblr (thanks to tagging) and David Ottomas is now at Land Grant University. Sharla is a teen. Peter and Samantha had twin boys, Michael and Matthew who are now children.

The Newson household...Georgia and Garret are children now. Right now they are a very chaotic household in order to keep things running smoothly. Gavin hopes to get to go to Uni and I think he will be able to. They are a close knit family and choas aside are doing well.

Edit: I have moved in the Strangetown hood specific households too, Roseland, the Singles, Loner....haven't done anything with any of them yet though.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:28 AM
*nervously looks at her graveyard*

...it needed ghosts.
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Mary Gavigan is a family sim - she should not be horrified at having more kids so that Isaiah can have siblings? Did you change her LTW?

Forgetting what one has done with Chester, to me, who is extremely fond of him, just makes no sense - I can remember what I did with him in my first hood, which has blown up into space around 7 or 8 years ago

You would be surprised! In my Strangetown, Family sim Ophelia Smith has rolled "have a baby" as a fear daily since the birth of her and Johnny's only child Juniper. Juniper is a college senior.

(To be fair, Ophelia had the most horrific morning sickness of any sim I've ever seen, and it seemed to be triggered by romantic interactions between her and her triple-bolt husband. And once the barfing ended, her stats would drain like crazy. She was always tired, always hungry, and always needing to pee. Poor Ophelia!)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:22 AM
Sims do roll that fear, in my game it is often after four or five kids when it comes to family sims. I am more used to them wanting 10 babies or something, though As for Ophelia - well, she does live in Strangetown.....
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:26 AM
I think the Gavigan parents are more horrified at the general noise and chaos from the Ottomas house, they would not be opposed to a nice quiet *single* sibling for Isaac!

I must have done something with Chester, I remember he is wearing a red t-shirt, but I have so many sims in the uberhood that it's probably been years since I played him. Plus I tend to find loner sims rather boring. IIRC he lives in an apartment and plays computer games. <snore> <aware of irony>

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:43 AM
Chester does not have the personality for a loner, though - he is a Libra - very outgoing, very nice and very playful, and a serious problem for female pixels with brown hair. Still can be found on every community lot where I send other controlled Sims to in his golden years; always willing to help when they ask for knowledge, or eager to join them at a pool table It does mean sometimes interrupting him playing red hands with some other pixel, though, or intruding on him dancing; but he does not mind. Often found him dining with Dora Ottomas before her death when not playing him as well, and he also hangs out with Trent Traveler quite often (lots of things in common there, from the knowledge aspiration, to the wandering eye) - and I also have seen him lunching with Jessica Picaso twice Will have to see ow that turns out.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:03 PM
Either I place them down or not. I used to delete them back then before I knew it had a risk of corruption, but didn't occur. Now I'm thinking of residing them down whenever I load a new neighborhood and have them procreate with each other or townies.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:22 PM
I have made several families of my own - the thing is, I tend to make my Sims similar (even if I try very hard not to) - and the bin Sims have added great variety in my hood, as well as characters that I would not have made myself. I don't think I would have made a romance sim married to a family sim (Ottomas) or a social sim who is a grouchy slob (Matthew Picaso), and now, looking quite the dignified elder, still digs in trash cans

When it comes to families made by me - some of them (and their kids) have also married townies bin sims children - so my hood is thoroughly mixed up
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 7:55 PM
Before I got clean stealth 'hood templates, I used to regularly kill the Picasos by fire and make their graves part of the neighborhood war memorial.

Awhile ago I downloaded the Viper Canyon 'hood that Marka93 mentioned, but I keep getting too distracted by other 'hoods, projects, etc. to actually play it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:49 PM
The only bin sims I'm currently playing are the Ottomas. Dora is Permaplat, Samantha is up to seven children and has changed careers to Law Enforcement since her LTW is to become Captain Hero, David is making a nice salary but plans to change careers once the family funds hit 50K (currently at about 30K). David has graduated Uni and is engaged, Sharla and the next kid - Tommy? - are at Uni.

The rest are still sitting in the bin until I get a wild hair to play any of them.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM
Some have great lives, others...well

Picaso - they moved into a small house and had twins. Since money was tight and they needed someone to look after the kids, they decide to rent out a room. One of Tank Grunt's sons (Skipp) moved in. He and Jessica had an affair which resulted in a pregnancy. They named the boy Scout. Matthew didn't know about this until...Jessica got pregnant again (Matthew's this time) and they were running out of room. Skipp & Jessica had ended their affair by this time and both were ready for him to move on. He was not moving on without his son, though. He left and took his son with him. So Jessica was forced to admit to her affair with him. Things are still tense at the Picaso household.

Geike - Chester lives in a mansion working as a butler. He likes it and loves watching out for the kids.

Cooke - Julien married Georgia Newson. They grew quite wealthy and had 3 children. She is very generous with her poorer family members. The Newson clan grew quite large and are one of the 3 main families in Strangetown, along with the Grunts and Smiths. The hood has become so inbred, that any death in one of these families causes a large portion of the hood's children to go into the red.

Larson - Jodie moved into a duplex next to a gay couple Tyler Traveller and Gerard Landry. She is a criminal and a very negligent mother. She had 2 kids out of wedlock with 2 different men. Tyler & Gerard offered many times to adopt her children (even though they have 2 beautiful half alien children themselves). Jodie refused. Still, they end up watching and feeding her children most of the time. Her daughter Jenna got pregnant and Jodie didn't say a word about it, nor does she help out with her grandson. Jason, on the other hand, married a woman with a child and they had another child together. His wife died recently and his daughter went off to college. He is somewhat lonely and will likely remarry.

Newsons - they bought a plot of land with a shack and a pond on it. As they could afford it, they improved the shack. Ginger & Gavin didn't go to college so they could save money for the younger children to go. All of the younger children were afforded a good education and moved out of the house. Ginger & Gavin both stayed in the family home with their spouses and children. The family home is now a 3 story beautiful house. They are both dead now, as are Gabriella, Gallagher & Garrett (they all had pretty good lives and plenty of children). Georgia was mentioned above. The family house now belongs to Samuel (Ginger's son) and Graham (Gavin's son). They live there with their wives and children.

Goodies - while visiting the Simetary, they were both attacked by the zombie undertaker. They abandoned their home and moved into the Simetary with the undertaker. They can be seen at night stumbling around the neighborhood and thinking of brains. I know, I am a horrible person but I just couldn't resist.
Page 1 of 2