Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:19 PM
Default The sims 4- terrain tools
One of the features the sims 4 lacks are terrain tools. In three previous games they were included in the basegame. It was a super awesome feature. You could mould the sims land like clay; from ponds to little mountains, it surely added some depth to the game.
But in sims 4 the ground is completely flat. Do you think they will ever be added? If you do, is it possible they will be patched in or maybe added with an expansion pack? In this thread you can discuss about terrain tools and their possible future in the sims 4. Also, do you have any ideas on how to make them better? There are a lot of things that come to my mind: lava, craters, big dark pits and so on.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:59 PM
The Budget problem speaks it for itself.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:17 AM
I do not think it will ever be added. They grumbled about pools even at first. But I may be wrong as did not think toddlers would ever be added.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:41 AM
I never built anything in S3. Only started sometimes making my sims houses in this iteration. And I wish I started in S3 sometimes, theres always something missing on my land.
If I buy a big lot I have to build a large house to take up all the space, fill it with trees. Or do some really complicated thing with the fountain (?) tool/pools/nature decor to make ponds and hills and crap.

I don't think it will. I feel like terrain tools are beyond making models and animations. But who knows.

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:14 AM
I LOVE to build in 3 and the most on odd very steep lots and lots that are part in water. I find building in 4 rather boring compared to 3 and I am an avid builder.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:46 AM
My only complaint about terrain tools and/or CFE is that when you downloaded a lot in Sims 3 about 90% percent of the time it was a real PIA to make it work on any other lot than the one it was built on. That was always one of my major complaints about Sims 3.

I love to decorate and I hate to build, so I like that all the lots in Sims 4 are flat (minus the glitches with a few in Willow Creek and Newcrest) and it makes downloading and placing lots a a breeze. I can't remember what it was like in Sims 2, because I haven't played it in a long time, and I can't even remember if I ever downloaded lots for it or not.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:36 AM
I always had to start by flattening the lot. IIRC, we had terrain tools in Sims 2, as well. I actually hadn't even noticed that they were gone in Sims 4 until this thread - it was more an inconvenience than anything. What I do miss is the ability to create ponds and rivers - that was especially nice if you wanted a steady stream of fish for food or fertilizer. (Of course, the fish didn't go 'foul' after you caught them, either. These Sims don't seem to know how to properly preserve their catches.)