Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC meshes not showing up in Buy/Build Mode
Hi there! Recently I regained interest in playing The Sims 2. I am using the Ultimate Collection version. I was playing it between 2015-2016, but then I lost my interest in it. A week ago I decided to reinstall my game, with my previous EA Games folder, complete with my barely-started neighbourhood and cc.
My CAS cc seems to work fine - I have both the textures and the meshes showing up, the defaults also work. No problems here. My textures in Build/Buy Mode also work - I have my custom walls, roof colors, recolors of maxis objects. The thing is - there is no cc objects showing up in catalogues, and those placed before reinstallisation are flashing blue or replaced with maxis objects, which means they don't have a mesh... but they do.
The weird thing is, the game recognises my cc - on the startup screen, when it asks to display cc ( and I always check "allow cc", ofcourse) it shows a complete list of my objects. I have checked the "show cc in catalogues", it should show up. I even reinstalled my game again, without cc, and then placed it bit by bit. It didn't work. I also checked my userProps file, and it is fine.
I've read the tutorials, but I didn't find answers to this exact problem I am having. If this thread is somehow wrong, I won't be mad if it gets deleted.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM
Have you enabled cc at the start when the question comes up to ask if you want to enable/disbale it? (Walls, floors and CAS items show up anyway).
I have made this mistake myself once, i was 100% sure I did enable it. But after hours of frustration, I did not
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Have you enabled cc at the start when the question comes up to ask if you want to enable/disbale it? (Walls, floors and CAS items show up anyway).
I have made this mistake myself once, i was 100% sure I did enable it. But after hours of frustration, I did not

I am pretty sure I do that every time, as I played multiple times since I installed it. I know it would be a stupid mistake to make, so I always pay attention to pick "enable". ( I know I can disable the question showing up, I'll do that when my problem is resolved)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:58 PM
Have you reinstalled the CEP? Some of your recolours might need it.

Part of it lives in your EA Games folder, but there's a file and a folder that need to be placed under the game installation as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Have you reinstalled the CEP? Some of your recolours might need it.

Part of it lives in your EA Games folder, but there's a file and a folder that need to be placed under the game installation as well.

Well, CEP enables recolors of maxis objects - I don't have a problem with that, I can see my custom recolors fine. My problem is, my objects with meshes won't show up. Even though the game probably recognizes them as shown in the "enable/disable cc" list, they don't show up in catalogues, and their previous placements show up in flashing blue or as a maxis object. Meaning they don't have a mesh. But they do.
I mean, I can install CEP but I don't think it would help...?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:11 PM
No, I don't think it'd help if it's custom meshes and recolours of them that have gone AWOL... only if the missing items were recolours of Maxis still, which it appears they're not.

If some are showing up as Maxis objects, that sounds like they're reverting back to whatever they were cloned from. So it seems like it's definitely not seeing your meshes.

Have you tried downloading and adding anything new to the game and seeing if that shows up? Or have you only tested with the old CC from your backup?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
No, I don't think it'd help if it's custom meshes and recolours of them that have gone AWOL... only if the missing items were recolours of Maxis still, which it appears they're not.

If some are showing up as Maxis objects, that sounds like they're reverting back to whatever they were cloned from. So it seems like it's definitely not seeing your meshes.

Have you tried downloading and adding anything new to the game and seeing if that shows up? Or have you only tested with the old CC from your backup?

Yeah, I downloaded some things. And it appears to be as it was before - new sim clothing shows up, but no objects show up. I mean, maybe it will "kick off" eventually?
Actually, I could live without CC in Buy/Build Mode, there's plenty of nice stuff, and I can have them recolored... but that means that object-based-mods won't show up. ( I don't have any right now btw) I'm not too big on them, but I need one to have some custom townies spawned in a new neighbourhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:45 PM
Update: It still doesn't work. I tried to do some other things, but nothing worked. I decided to reinstall the game with a clear EA Games folder (I have my previous one backuped) - it still won't work, nothing's changed.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:35 PM
Have you seen these two topics?
Getting CC to show up: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...ame_Help:GCCTSU
Things specific to the UC: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Collection_FAQs

Could be some little detail you've skipped over.