Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 7:20 PM
Default Edit in game bug
Please help me. Even if you dont really now what to do try to suggest what to do.

So im on EIG mode and i worked a lot and built alot without saving.
After i finished building a community lot and i went town mode and i selected an other lot to build.
Then all of the options were gone (the bottom bar where you save and quit or build mode and buy mode and play and pause).
It doesn't get stuck u can still fly around the town and move but you can not do anything but moving.
I could restart EIG but i have to save what i've done because i did a lot.
And the option of saving the 3 dots is also gone.
If i cant solve the problem, is there a way i could save the progress not from EIG mode?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LMrocks
Please help me. Even if you dont really now what to do try to suggest what to do.

So im on EIG mode and i worked a lot and built alot without saving.
After i finished building a community lot and i went town mode and i selected an other lot to build.
Then all of the options were gone (the bottom bar where you save and quit or build mode and buy mode and play and pause).
It doesn't get stuck u can still fly around the town and move but you can not do anything but moving.
I could restart EIG but i have to save what i've done because i did a lot.
And the option of saving the 3 dots is also gone.
If i cant solve the problem, is there a way i could save the progress not from EIG mode?

Press F5 to exit out of Build Mode to get the options back whenever that happens. From there you'll be able to save your game in EIG. I don't know why this thing happens but it does and it's frustrating.

And just a small tip: whenever you build a lot you really, really like and spent a lot of time on, save it to library, even when it's not complete. That's your insurance in case something like this happens.
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:42 AM
This problem has been around for awhile now. It started somewhere around when IT was released. It happens to me too at a times and saving very, very often is the answer. I've done so much of testing in my game (with cc, no cc, cleans instal, etc.), that I can pretty surely say that this is something that EA cooked up and never bothered to fix. And yes, you can use F -keys to get back to menu but sometimes even that won't work and the whole UI locks down.