Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 3:43 AM
Default Question About Sunset
I am looking at a few of the EA templates in CAW and they way they are oriented is not the way I want them. Is there any way to rotate the whole world or adjust where the sun goes down? Is the position set by EA and we cannot change it? Or can this be adjusted? If I rotate the EA png will that change where the sun sets or not?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 3:53 AM
I found this information: http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/dis.../sunrise-sunset. Basically, it looks like you determine where the sunrise/set occurs and edit the terrain to suit. Or, rotate the world png when creating the world so the part of the world over which you want the sun to rise is situated in the right place. As best I could find, there is no other way to "rotate" a world.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:01 AM
Thanks! I think I will try to rotate the png and see what happens. It will be interesting to see if the world and placement for the sunrise/sunset path is tied to the world rotation or not? Let me try that and get back.

EDIT: well that did not work! LOL I rotated the height map and CAW opened it as totally flat. It is/was a mountain beach map. Serves me for being lazy. I will just build from scratch. So, why in the heck did EA not put the movement of the sun in the right/best location? Darn.

Not that I should even be in CAW other than to work on my existing projects. (!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 6:46 AM
Rotating the heightmap should definitely work- if it shows up as flat then it sounds like you have the wrong bit depth on your save.

The heightmap needs to be a 16-bit greyscale PNG for it to work correctly.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._.28Optional.29
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 6:53 AM
The rotated save changes the bit depth? That did not even occur to me. Thanks! Will try again to see if it works.

Was playing in a totally new world with the huge retaining walls. Doggone, we cannot work anywhere inside the area as the select too selects it and we cannot access items there. I do love working in CAW in spite of the challenges. Most days. :D

Just checked, the rotated png is 32 bit.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Just checked, the rotated png is 32 bit.

That'll be the problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:19 AM
I have been playing and have had a height map I did years ago I have wanted to use. It would not work. Got Raw Therapee again and changed it to a 16 bit, called 48 there. It works. So now I know to use it. So many worlds to do! I bet the rotated one will work now. I am too tired to do more tonight. Will play/experiment more tomorrow.