Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 10:43 PM
It's amazing what a difference the terrain colour can make, great pictures VampireSim!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:50 PM
Cool! I'm not a world builder (yet) and can't use CAW tool right now until I migrate my stuff onto a larger hard drive. I got a new machine built with top of the line graphics card and motherboard, but I put my old hard drive in it for now (tiny) until I can resolve my OS licensing issues for Win7. But anyways, that's not really relevant - I just wanted to jump on someone else's post-apocalypse world building if they were actually doing it. I support it and will help test it, and have a couple lots that can work, but I'm not much help beyond that right now. Still learning how to be a good builder (I've only done a few small lots so far).
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:11 AM
Default My World
Hiya,

I am kinda new to adding my creations on here but I am currently working on my own post-apocolyptic world, I have only started trashing the community lots so far and will be adding some screenshots soon.

Some History for my world: It is the aftermath of viral plague which hit Sunset Valley and The town has been divided into 3 groups after the corrupt gornverment in city hall decided evacuate the wealthier sims to safety. The world will consist of the wealthier sims whos houses survived the mayors' attempt to bomb the city, while the less fortunate families who reside in the lower parts of sunset valley were left homeless, searching for supplies throughout the town. And finally the Raiders (As mentioned in early posts) essentially inhabit the remains of community lots as their fortress. As for story lines, before the bombing attmepts, 'Project CEDA' emerged to contain the virus, however all attempts of containing the virus failed and several outposts remain where the infected and homeless resided during this ordeal. The town has been considered a death zone and it is advised that visting this area is strictly prohibited.
Instructor
#29 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:44 PM
Sounds very interesting. I'm very inquisitive to see some screenshots of your project.

Maybe I should upload some of my textures for CAW and some patterns? I have tons of metal plates and rotten metall patterns.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 3:27 AM
Oh thanks Vampire, that would be lovely ^.^

I will upload some of the screenshots now.
Instructor
#31 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:56 PM
Some simple CAW dds files. CAW and jpg Preview:

a little bit smaller

Broken Tarmac

Download all files as dds

Patterns are following.
Scholar
#32 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 8:02 PM
Nice looking terrains. Just what I was needing. Thanks, VampireSim!
Instructor
#33 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:00 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 16th Jan 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added three new pattern themes
Hi!

Here are some of my patterns, I'm using in my apocalypse Riverview. They were made with CAP.

Metal Panels
Download

Metal Plates
Download

Rust
Download

Concrete
Download

Wood Planks
Download

I have some carpet and wallpaper patterns, but i have to re-organize them before uploading them.
All textures are made with Filter Forge .

Edit:
Here are the carpets
Download

Old fabric
Download

Wallpapers (found under paint)
Download
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 6:04 AM
Default Thannnnkk you.
Thanks a bunch for these, I have a few terrain paints by Cyclonesue, but these are great to add to my collection. My progress was slowed down on my world due to excessive lag caused by my large amount of Custom Content but I have been able to reduce this and have managed to begin destroying houses now ^^

Oh also, I am not sure if your apocalypse is going to have zombie outbreak or not but I found a mod that makes sims have the same interactions as mummies but you can reskin them to look like humans/the undead and can also apply these interactions to existing sims, which is great to add to the atmosphere of world instead of having to make new sims infest your town. If you want more info, let me know.
Instructor
#35 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 1:24 PM
An Apocalypse without Zombies? No!

Yes, can't wait for more infos!

I think, I'll make a new skintone, based on my favorit skintone and make it zombie-styled.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 1:31 PM
VampireSim, these look really nice! You may want to post them also in the CAW resources forum so that they are easily found, if you want to share them with everyone.
Instructor
#37 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 1:39 PM
Yes, good idea.

I'm always in doubt about my patterns, thinking they are not good enough for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
I'm always in doubt about my patterns, thinking they are not good enough for sharing.
No way! They are lovely. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 1:48 PM
Oh my god! please make zombie skin and if you can, could you make it have wounds if possible, like ruth the zombie: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399204

And Sorry for the late reply, This will have so many links for which I am apologize for. First of all this is the video which I found on youtube which shows how the mod works and the second video is how to make them into zombies/mummies and re-skin them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB_yA4MxCyE

How to Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4a47jaZw1k

Now for the mods ......(This is going to be a large post)

You will need two script mods, which you combine to make the mummy interaction and the second to reskin the mummy, since 'editsim' no longer works. You will need:

treeag's SimTransformer Occult Painting: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383086
Twallans SuperComputer: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4865.0

Once you have them, you extract them both into your Mods/Packages folder and It should work. HOWEVER, I had an issue with the painting not working because my mods folder is located on my C: Drive, under Program Files. So you will have to put your Mods/Packages Folder in your MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims 3 folder. But you need to follow this tutorial because I may miss important steps on how to place it their correctly.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Way_to_New_Way

After thats all done, launch up the game and start zombifying your sims ^.^
Instructor
#40 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:55 PM
If you are using Twallans Master Controller, you can have both: make your sim a mummy AND change him in Create-A-Sim

If I make a skintone for sharing, I must ask a creator, if I can modify his/her skintone.
First on my list is one of Lady FrontBums Skintones, but I think, asking her at this moment... hm... I'm too afraid to disturb her, because she's excepting a baby:
http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/
But I know a very cool Skintone, made by her. It's called Burnt Flesh

When I'm thinking of a Zombie Skintone, it goes in this direction.

I have made some modifications of skintones for myself.
But it's very challenging, to change the whole body instead of parts of it. Let me see, where it ends.
I started with making bigger nipples and it ends with bubonic plague!
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:20 AM
Oh your idea sounds great, I love Lady frontbums skintowns but for some wierd reason they don't show up in my game.

As for you idea, it sounds great for the zombie, gah I am getting so side tracked switching between making sims and lots >_<
Instructor
#42 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:25 AM
Yes, there is so much to do. I really don't know where to start.

I Think I'll start with EA's Skintone, modify it and make it non-default.
A skintone in two flavors: "rotten" and "very rotten"
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:53 AM
Oh yes! I was just about to discuss that, I am just playing around with some of the existing sims like Bachelor Family, making two kinds of zombies. Like the newly infected with bite wounds still visible (LadyFrontBums Vampire Bite makeup) and the older more rotten and wounded infected.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:45 AM
Apparently I am coming to this thread extremely late, lol.
But any updates at all?

I've been looking for post-apocalyptic stuff for ages.
I'm not a modder at all, so I have no idea how to make this kind of stuff.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:37 PM
Also looking for updates... you modders working on textures (for zombie skin, grungy buildings) are doing FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!

I'm just a casual builder / player, not a modder or world creator... big fan of you all who do this time consuming creativity.

If any of you have a post apocalyptic world you'd be willing to share, I'd love to play it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:20 PM
Did anyone finish making their world? I want to see how it all went.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#47 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:50 AM
Closing up since the original poster has not really been active with this in months. They can contact me or some other moderator of this forum for reopening this thread if they are still working with this.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2