Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:41 PM Last edited by SimyourLife : 12th Nov 2018 at 5:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Solved: Adult has Teen “Want” :(
Oh, I’m sorry Jenny Smith... I did not realize that you’ve never kissed anyone.

Seriously worried about this one. The only other signs of corruption that I’ve ever seen in my game were bubbles with squiggly lines (previous “back in the day” install, before I recently installed UC.)
General Buzz is her hub (yeah- take that Pol Tech 9) & though he doesn’t have the Want, when I try to have him kiss her, it says “First Kiss.”

No signs of corruption until now (been playing for weeks.) I installed the Uberhood w/ Tarlia’s clean hoods from the get-go.

I have pretty much everything from Pescado to try to avoid corruption including Batbox, the HCDU from Paladin, Sim Blender, Moo’s S2 CPI, the list goes on. A few overrides here & there. I cannot for the life of me get Moo’s HC to work with UC.
No conflicts detected through the HCDU. All corrupted memories wiped from my playables, gossip cleared semi-regularly, & caches cleared before each load.

Wondering if this is, indeed, corruption or, could it indeed be a sign of a mod conflict? Or something else? My research has yielded no answers!

Thanks so much for your upcoming input. It would be sad to have install my backup.

Edit- P.S. Installed from Origin.
2nd Edit- Discovered First Kiss memory was wiped. My guess is it was from using “Wipe Corrupt” in Batbox.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimyourLife
Oh, I’m sorry Jenny Smith... I did not realize that you’ve never kissed anyone.

Seriously worried about this one. The only other signs of corruption that I’ve ever seen in my game were bubbles with squiggly lines (previous “back in the day” install, before I recently installed UC.)
General Buzz is her hub (yeah- take that Pol Tech 9) & though he doesn’t have the Want, when I try to have him kiss her, it says “First Kiss.”

No signs of corruption until now (been playing for weeks.) I installed the Uberhood w/ Tarlia’s clean hoods from the get-go.

I have pretty much everything from Pescado to try to avoid corruption including Batbox, the HCDU from Paladin, Sim Blender, Moo’s S2 CPI, the list goes on. A few overrides here & there. I cannot for the life of me get Moo’s HC to work with UC.
No conflicts detected through the HCDU. All corrupted memories wiped from my playables, gossip cleared semi-regularly, & caches cleared before each load.

Wondering if this is, indeed, corruption or, could it indeed be a sign of a mod conflict? Or something else? My research has yielded no answers!

Thanks so much for your upcoming input. It would be sad to have install my backup.

If this is the original Strangetown then it is corrupted from the beginning and you should get the fixed version from https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If this is the original Strangetown then it is corrupted from the beginning and you should get the fixed version from https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Sorry I wasn’t more clear... I have all of the clean hoods from MeetMe.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:27 PM
I think it's pretty normal for adult sims who haven't ever been kissed to roll a want for a first kiss. That's why CAS sims are generated with mystery sim memories, so they don't roll that want.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 11:23 PM
Does she still have the memory of her first kiss with PT9? It might have been removed from her memories when you went through with the batbox to wipe corrupt/trash memories, although I'm not sure why. If she doesn't remember ever kissing anyone, that's why she's coming up with the option to "first kiss" Buzz.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:34 AM
You dont have inteen installed? cause thats known to screw with the strangetown sims and just spawning their biological clocks seems to fix them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
You dont have inteen installed? cause thats known to screw with the strangetown sims and just spawning their biological clocks seems to fix them

Thanks for the info! No Inteen for me. I will investigate all of this good info, though! :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:45 AM
First kiss isn't a teen want per se. Teen, adult or elder can have that if they have a gender preference but no first kiss and that also counts if the memory of it has been removed. Check the memories.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
First kiss isn't a teen want per se. Teen, adult or elder can have that if they have a gender preference but no first kiss and that also counts if the memory of it has been removed. Check the memories.

That’s what I was hoping for & you all who suspected it, were correct... Jenny’s First Kiss memory was wiped! I should have checked before posting, but didn’t think of it. It popped up all of the sudden & concerned me. Thanks for helping me solve!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM
I would be more concerned with how it got wiped since it sounds like you didn't do it on purpose.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:10 AM
Batbox's 'wipe corrupt memories' is a likely culprit, although I'm not sure how it determines a memory is corrupt. Going through with HoodChecker first seemed to help reduce the amount I saw that option though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives