Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:39 PM
Default ?'s about Military career & Dorms in non-Uni world
I'm hoping that some of you brilliant Sims experts can help me with these questions for a world I'm building -

I want to build a "realistic" Coast Guard station on an island (which would be used as the Military Base RH via rugs).

1. How does career progression with non-active sims work? When I go to populate my world (with Nraas), if I create sims that are in the military career, will they stay there? How would their career progress (or not) as other sims are played?
2. Could I theoretically use sororities / fraternities (S/F's) in my home world to function as military dorms next to my military base lot? I'd like to have a Men's dorm and Women's dorm. Are S/F's limited to Young Adult residents, or could adults / elders live there too, in theory?
3. Could I use a mod to limit only military career sims to live in the S/F's?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
Hi Crashley1784
Those are some interesting questions. Since they came up as you are working on your world, I can see why you posted this in the builders forum. However, these are mainly game mechanics questions. I think you are more likely to have informed answers to your questions if you delete this thread and repost it in the Sims 3 general discussion: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=561

Good luck, it sounds like a cool project.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#3 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:06 AM
Interesting questions indeed. It would surprice me if you could achieve all that. At least the gender spesific mechanics has been let down several times in the past.

You may even need the modders to tell you that and they might not find you in the general discussion forum. You'll see, if no one can help you, ask the modders. In the top menu click on create and sims3 modding.