Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:01 AM
Default Any way to find out the file name of a CC in CAS?
When finding a CC incorrectly categorized in game, what is the easiest way to figure out which file that specific piece of outfit is?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:47 AM
Not really, you could find out the Instance number, but little it may help, if your CC is badly organised, your best is to preview all your cc with S4S, can be very time consuming if you have a lot of CC, and if the problem is just a single swatch in the middle of a archived package, it can be harder still to locate it.

To avoid getting this again in the future, your best is to preview everything Before it goes into your game, check how it's categorized, and correct it if you think it's necessary.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Not really, you could find out the Instance number, but little it may help, if your CC is badly organised, your best is to preview all your cc with S4S, can be very time consuming if you have a lot of CC, and if the problem is just a single swatch in the middle of a archived package, it can be harder still to locate it.

To avoid getting this again in the future, your best is to preview everything Before it goes into your game, check how it's categorized, and correct it if you think it's necessary.

Guess I'll start digging in the Mod fold... S4CASTools works perfect for re-categorizing outfits for me, but still it will take time.
I do miss in TS3 how right-click on a outfit to pull out logs with Master Controller.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:44 AM
You can actually just wear it, use MCCC and use the Log Outfit Details command, you get the Instance number, this is fine if it's a maxis instance number as S4S lets you simply search for it, but has little support for handling CC at this stage, but all else fails, you can temporary copy a bunch of suspicious packages into C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods\ then the CC in there is treated like a maxis item and you can search for it.

I got a few odd categoried stuff, but I hadn't given myself the time to find it,but its nice to know there is hope..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You can actually just wear it, use MCCC and use the Log Outfit Details command, you get the Instance number, this is fine if it's a maxis instance number as S4S lets you simply search for it, but has little support for handling CC at this stage, but all else fails, you can temporary copy a bunch of suspicious packages into C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods\ then the CC in there is treated like a maxis item and you can search for it.

I got a few odd categoried stuff, but I hadn't given myself the time to find it,but its nice to know there is hope..

Thanks for the tip!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:39 PM
I'd recommend the Sims 4 tray importer http://luniversims.com/files/file/7...-tray-importer/

You just create a sim with all the stuff that's incorrectly categorized save that sim in your library then close the game open the S4 tray importer and it will show all the CC used for a specific sim
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM
For CAS and Build mode items, what I do is use the "My CC" feature in The Sims 4 Studio, which allows you to see the object in a 3D viewport. Then it's just a matter of going through the list until you find the item you're looking for. I name all of my items properly and have everything nicely sorted in subfolders so I know where to look, it helps a lot. Do it if you haven't yet.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?