Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:58 AM
free 3D model service
heres the deal im really good at makeing 3d models but i dont have any way
of makeing a good .OBJ i have 3dsmax and cant buy milkshape because
my parents wont let me.I will make 3d models on request for free no creidit
required.if you have a request post it here.

but before you do id like approval from a modderator.
If i cant do it here just tell me and i will go someware else
or if there is a better part of the fourms il go there.

so what da ya say

heres an exampel.
Dont expect any great textures from me im good at meshing thats it but il try

!!This is just a mesh no the sims2 content!!
i can do better then the file here but i didnt want to waste my time
if i wasint going to be able to do it
Advertisement
Mesh Maestro
#2 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:32 AM Last edited by JWoods : 12th May 2005 at 4:36 AM. Reason: wrong program name edit
You do not need "milkshape", try downloading LithUnwrap(free). You can open your 3ds content with it and save it as an obj. file then run it through the "mesh Tool" and you should be good to go...
Mesh Maestro
#3 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:50 AM
I just Looked at your mesh... It is a 3ds max scene file as you know... To start, "export" it as a .3ds model.
Next you can open it with LithUnwrap, there is a free version out there somewhere, type it in your browser search... What I saw was material files, plains, and omni's and the "oil tank"... You must delete all the materials and all above files excluding the "oil tank". With only the "oil tank" shape you can then proceed to UV map your object. Then save it as a wave front .obj as well as the UV map that goes with it and produced from "LithUnwrap". You can also(I recommend) deleting the materials and un-needed files right in 3ds max.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for all your help i thought the only program
that could do it right was milkshape :D