Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2005 at 11:23 PM
Default Creating bodies for the Pleasantview elders
Hi

I've been trying to work out a way of giving many of the elder members of Pleasantview such as Myron Oldie, William Marsh etc a body and then working out how they can be resurrected.

I've been able to create an approximation of the missing sims in a separate neighbourhood. Having created these sims I have identified each of there individual character files and used SimPE to alter the GUID for each character so that they have the GUID that maxis used for the built-in bodyless sims.

I've then copied these altered files on top of the maxis files, removed the unlinked tab and then attempted to resurrect them in the game...

when I attempt to resurrect any of these sims Grim says that I don't know anybody who is dead. I can resurrect them by deleted the "I am Dead" memories and by unticking the "Is Ghost" options, but why does the game not recognise them as resurrectable.

Also while I'm on the subject, has anybody else noticed that when looking at the characters in SimPE there are 5 characters that are not linked to a Character File (filename comes up as unknown). Are these characters that were going to be in the game, but Maxis pulled at last minute? Strangely if you create a new neighbourhood and allow the game to generate the usual list of townies and npc these 5 entries are added again.

Finally does anybody else think that the Burbs were added as an afterthought. it's strange how all the other Pleasantview families are stored in Character files N001_00000 - N001_00069 yet the Burbs are stored from ..162 to ..170

Also what's with the duplicate Skip Broke, Darleen Dreamer and Michael Bachelor?

Apologies for all the questions but any insight into how all this links together would be greatly appreciated!!

Magz