Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:03 AM
Default So I edited this top...
It was my first ever edit for a mesh, and I'm quite proud on one hand, on the other I've got a few questions. Refer to the pics here:

and

Alright as you can see in the first one I made the little part in the front hang down like a vest. (I know it's not perfect, I don't want it to be really...) But, I wanted it to be a vest. Now to do this...well actually let me just say how do I make a vest OVER the tie? Do I do it in milkshape or?

Question number two, actually more of a let me bring your attention to the second pic and the fact that where I lengthened the coat the pixels are kinda...strectched I guess? I'm guessing this is from stretching the coat (duh?) but is there a way to fix it or do I just deal? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:16 AM
The tie is probably a matter of texturing, have look at the texture files.

The 2nd issue, the stretched textures are much harder to fix.....
You normally pull the coat down(like you did with the mesh itself) on the UVmap but unfortunate there is no space to do so.
The moment you pull the uvcoordinates down its texture will appear on pants since tops and bottoms share the same map.

The only way to fix this is to move the lower part of the coat to the side, next to the spot were the bottoms are mapped.
To do so you have to temperary regroup the lower part so you can move that part on the map.
But, when doing so.....the morpdata used for the sliderfiles will get corrupt wich forces you to do the same with the morphs and make new sliderfiles.
Not a easy task for a beginner.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:52 PM
Yeah it does sound hard, I just wanted to make a Joker sim and all the jackets used on them weren't long enough, and Idk it bugged me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
Okay so I found the texture file to fix the tie problem, but now I'm wondering how to add a recolourable channel. Haven't fixed the bottom of the jacket though.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:40 PM
the recourable channels are visible on the mask texture
If a outfit has 3 recolor options you can add one by adding a alpha layer to the mask texture.
Use the alpha for the 4th recolor, the mask texture format need to be changed from DXT1 to DXT5interpolatedalpha
You do need to enable the 4th recolor in the patterns tab and update the design type in the Others tab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:48 AM
Thank you. That confused me but I will re-read it until I get it right!