Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:12 PM
Default CTU returning 'incorrect key format' issue on patterns.
Been having this funny issue while previewing some packages.

I've been trying to search for the issue, but haven't had much luck with the error text, 'Key is not in the correct format'.

After plucking around a bit, I discovered this seems to primarily involve designs with patterns, where the RGBMask and Specular have assets with ($assetRoot) at the beginning. As soon as I Browse Patterns and pick a new one, I don't receive the error anymore.

Is there something I've set up incorrectly? Maybe I should have CTU located elsewhere? From where should it be pulling this assetRoot, and exactly where does it expect it to direct?

Thanks much for any help.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:50 PM
Are you perhaps using WA/HELS/Amb/custom patterns? CTU doesn't, by default, read non-basegame patterns, although you can tell it to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:58 PM
I'm not. I'm looking at downloaded custom content - only still dipping my feet into modding or the like.

In most instances, they seem to be asking for a pattern I have access to, like:

'($assetRoot)\InGame\Complates\Materials\Geometric\PlaidCheck\plaidBasic01Sml_2'

So I end up having to just go in and manually select Browse Patterns. Like it just can't figure out the path. I've found a couple for which I definitely don't have the texture (or can't locate it), such as 'Miscellaneous\RChannelOnly_1.tga'.

So it's like a global that just isn't set right - but I can't figure out the correction. I've got the Sims Root set in the CTU options, for what that's worth.

I only have the base game, no expansions.

Much obliged for your time, whiterider.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:58 PM
Those are packages made with TSRW, it handles the patterns diffrent
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
Y'know .. It only just occurred to me, but I might've unpacked the casparts.rar without preserving file structure ..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Those are packages made with TSRW, it handles the patterns diffrent

Ah. I get it. There any easy mass-conversion?
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM
I did mangae it once, but i forgot....
You could try opening the file(sims3pack) with TSRW and export it from there as package file.
Maybe need a older version of it tho...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:37 AM
Gotcha. Thanks much, Base. It's not so bad at least knowing what's going on.

It ain't hard to go through individually and reset - just going to be a bit more picky about what I download in the future.

Thanks again for the data, friends.