Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:07 PM
Skininator problem I think.
Don't know if this is the right area, But I tried making a skin in Skininator and now I'm having this problem.

I tried removing the mod and it still exist.

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM Last edited by shmovese : 19th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM. Reason: she...
Quote: Originally posted by ZippyZX3
I tried removing the mod and it still exist.

i am confused: you removed skininator or did you removed the "skin" you made? or both?
if you had a faulty skin installed (i mean that is missing the face skin / scalp section) and its still there after removing please try to delete the cache files - especially the simCompositorCache.package. maybe you need to delete the world caches if you play in costum worlds. how to do is all there (in the link).

also are you 100% sure its due the skin? did you install any cc before that happened?

and if you can nail it down to the skininator it would be good to give CmarNYC chance to support her tool and deal with the problem by posting the issue as FEEDBACK in the comments section of her mod (tool). since she made the tool and a lot of skins i bet she will likely know what happened (could have happened)

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
i am confused: you removed skininator or did you removed the "skin" you made? or both?
if you had a faulty skin installed (i mean that is missing the face skin / scalp section) and its still there after removing please try to delete the cache files - especially the simCompositorCache.package. maybe you need to delete the world caches if you play in costum worlds. how to do is all there (in the link).

also are you 100% sure its due the skin? did you install any cc before that happened?

and if you can nail it down to the skininator it would be good to give CmarNYC chance to support her tool and deal with the problem by posting the issue as FEEDBACK in the comments section of her mod (tool). since she made the tool and a lot of skins i bet she will likely know what happened (could have happened)

Sorry bout that, I tried to remove the skin mod. But I didn't thing about the world cache. I knew about the others. Thanks I'll try that. I'll try making the skin again. I used a face and scalp texture. Maybe it just didn't take.

Thanks
Tim
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM
If this really was caused by a skin, I'd love to see the package. As far as I know only a modded mesh can cause invisibility like that.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4