Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:26 PM
Default !!Question!! i need some help. :-/
Can anyone tell me how you get more than 4 floors on a building? Is it some sortof cheat, because i've seen mulitple floored builings (more than 4 stories) in the Lots&Housing downloads and i'm just wondering how that works.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM
If you have NL (I think), you use sethighestallowedlevel (number). Not sure if you use boolprop with it too, but thats the cheat anyway. If it doesn't work becuase you don't have the correct EP, becase it only works when you get one... simply place a dormer at the highest level, and the grid will apear, giving you another level.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:27 AM
LP I think it works with UNI too, though I've never tried.
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 10:05 PM
comment peut on faire la mer pour les sims et les faire nager
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 11:00 PM
Fleurbleue, do you mean something like this? I hope you can read it, because it's in English:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131752
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:35 PM
Eh, never heard of it working with uni. That swimable lakes thing does not work with NL, pool deforming or false-lake textures like that.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:45 PM
The swimmable lake tutorial posted above actually does work with NL, as I've used it many times on NL lots.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:17 PM Last edited by niol : 6th Mar 2006 at 10:33 PM.
The approach which wouldn't work if NL or an newer EP is installed is Sunni9676 -- Swimmable Lakes, for Maxis changed the pool tool instead of adding a new one. That's why some lots made with the techniques mentioned in that tutorial will not work with NL or any newer EP unless Maxis added that back without screwing up those made from NL and OFB.

tkdjunkie's Tutorial: The Swimmable Lake Illusion is based on an aother approach by means of the terrain paint should still work very well up to the present EPs.

A third approach with water tool and an invisible swim-layer is possible but the graphical glitch is "serious" and "heavy" It can take a lot of objects to cover up. It's even more complicated than the terrain approach while the result can be "really" worse and much fewer choices on how the lake, sea or else look.

There may be some other approaches, and hopefully someone will input that/those here if there is...
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:02 PM
I've always made my swimmable bits using terrain paint since I found a tute on the EA site ages ago (it does have some uses). Its the diving board that makes them swim not the water. And using Moon_eze's invisible fence you don't even have to worry about having the needed height around the edges to stop the Sims from swimming well...everywhere. I never liked the pool tool approach because the edges basically always look forced and straight and somewhat unnatural. They look natural enough swimming in the beaches I have made and they don't know the difference

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies