Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#18301 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 2:12 AM
I'm trying to figure out something-I use Inge's age mod (sets the lifespan) and I'd like to use another mod, 4 days equals 1 year along with it. I wonder if they'd clash with each other. Instinctively I know that they shouldn't, but I'm hesitant to try it.

Does anyone know of a conflict between them?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18302 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 2:33 AM
I have be friends with pet wants often. I tend to ignore them and run hood checker everyone in awhile.

I have renamed hoods to see a flyover, should not hurt anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18303 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Is there any harm in just temporarily naming my hood "Sedona" from the neighborhood screen, just so I can see the fly over?

You have to make the hood called Sedona for it to install the flyover into that hood, its a special file called ".reia" that does it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#18304 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:20 AM
For best results, use the .sc4 named Sedona. The camera was meant to work with that terrain map.
Alchemist
#18305 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
For best results, use the .sc4 named Sedona. The camera was meant to work with that terrain map.

Oh, that makes sense. That explains the route the camera takes. Thanks. I just want it to flyover my existing hood, though, so I can see it. Just didn't want to mess up anything by renaming it.

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You have to make the hood called Sedona for it to install the flyover into that hood, its a special file called ".reia" that does it.

Good to know. I can experiment with the different names, I guess, to get different camera routes.
Field Researcher
#18306 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:44 AM
@FranH parts of them do the exact same thing and are probably the same mod adjusted. The Semester and Seasons parts won't conflict with Inge's age mod, but the sim part will conflict with Inge's they use the same resources and whichever one loads last will be used. There is no point in having both the sim part of that mod and inge's mod at the same time. The pet part may or may not have the same issue depending if the version of Inge's mod you have also adjusts the life span of pets or not.
Scholar
#18307 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No CC at all? :O How do you do it?

I use The Simsâ„¢ 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff, so everything I want I compile into the game.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Where do I find the mod for the removal of simbin delete button? :D

I don't recall where that discussion is but you can download the file from CJH_NoDeleteFromFamilyBin.zip

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Although I guess the design tool must use a different UI function because the button is still there when using that tool. I'm not very familiar with how the UI files for TS2 work. The design tool is the worst offender I think:

I removed the delete button from the design tool for you and updated the file, re-download from the link above.
Mad Poster
#18308 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I use The Simsâ„¢ 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff, so everything I want I compile into the game.

That just means that you have so much CC that you had to make an entire EP out of it. XD
Undead Molten Llama
#18309 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm trying to figure out something-I use Inge's age mod (sets the lifespan) and I'd like to use another mod, 4 days equals 1 year along with it. I wonder if they'd clash with each other. Instinctively I know that they shouldn't, but I'm hesitant to try it.

Does anyone know of a conflict between them?

You can only have one aging mod at a time. It's basically a default. But I also don't know why you'd want two at the same time. Either you want different lifestage lengths or you don't, right? IIRC Inge's mod is basically a template for making other aging mods, and if the new one isn't exactly what you want in terms of lengths of individual life stages, they are very easy to tweak if you can run SimPE. Just open the mod in SimPE and set the number(s) that you want. It's very self-explanatory, and the numbers are even in decimal rather than hexadecimal. If you want to mess with the elder stage, it's a little more involved since you have to set the penalty/bonuses for the elder age-up based on aspiration state, but the other ages are just a matter of putting in the numbers you want.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#18310 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:52 PM
Is there a list somewhere that gives the name of ALL of the Maxis clothing?

Over the years I've done a lot of recolorin (for my own use.. it's passable for me, but prob not good enough to share :P), however when it's not always easy comin up with a name for the item. If I had the original name it'd be so much more handier. I know I could go look it all up in SimPE I was just hopin for an easier way since that is a LOT of clothing.
Mad Poster
#18311 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:58 PM
The name of the outfit you recolor is found in your recolor package. Unless this is not what you meant?
Property set tells you. cmbodyshortsleeve_red. for instance.
Or maybe you aren't using SimPE at all when recoloring clothes, and use the refresh option of BodyShop, then import to game?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#18312 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The name of the outfit you recolor is found in your recolor package. Unless this is not what you meant?
Property set tells you. cmbodyshortsleeve_red. for instance.
Or maybe you aren't using SimPE at all when recoloring clothes, and use the refresh option of BodyShop, then import to game?

I don't know how to use SimPE to recolor clothes. I use BS and it doesn't give the name :/
Mad Poster
#18313 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:49 PM
I see. Well, you should use SimPE to recolor clothing.
Let us know if you'd be interested in learning how, it is surprisingly easy and gives better results.

Theorist
#18314 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:34 PM
Let us know if you'd be interested in learning how, it is surprisingly easy and gives better results.

Thanks .. will do
Alchemist
#18315 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:47 PM

I know how to recolor in SimPE, but I've never found a reliable, convenient method for finding Maxis objects. I often look for a CC file to recolor for that reason. What's the best way to find the right Maxis file to recolor if I wanted to recolor a piece of Maxis clothing?
Mad Poster
#18316 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I know how to recolor in SimPE, but I've never found a reliable, convenient method for finding Maxis objects. I often look for a CC file to recolor for that reason. What's the best way to find the right Maxis file to recolor if I wanted to recolor a piece of Maxis clothing?

Open SimPE, and go to the Finder tab.
Setting as follow :
Find = NameMap Search
Type= Regular Expression
Match= .*whatever you're looking for.*
.*ambodyswim.*, or .*tftop.*
The less specific you are, the more results you'll get.
Then once you find the textures to edit you were looking for, you export them. 0LIFO files are best as they are the biggest.
But, you do not really need to use the finder tab, since starting a new project in BodyShop, and import to game before changing anything to it, will create the proper package file in your SavedSims folder.
Opening that file in SimPE gives you everything you need, all infos about that maxis piece of clothing.

Alchemist
#18317 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:22 PM
Open SimPE, and go to the Finder tab.
Setting as follow :
Find = NameMap Search
Type= Regular Expression
Match= .*whatever you're looking for.*
.*ambodyswim.*, or .*tftop.*
The less specific you are, the more results you'll get.
Then once you find the textures to edit you were looking for, you export them. 0LIFO files are best as they are the biggest.
But, you do not really need to use the finder tab, since starting a new project in BodyShop, and import to game before changing anything to it, will create the proper package file in your SavedSims folder.
Opening that file in SimPE gives you everything you need, all infos about that maxis piece of clothing.

Thank you, I will poke around with this and see if I can get more comfortable with it. Isn't there also a way to see the file name in the game when you hover over the object? I always forget how to get that, too.
Mad Poster
#18318 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:58 PM
Yes there is. For game clothing, you will need to enter debug mode while in Neighborhood.
Then you'll press shift+N in CAS. This will bring CAS in debug mode and hovering anything will give you the name. It will also unlock everything.
shift + M to go back to normal CAS.

Mad Poster
#18319 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You can only have one aging mod at a time. It's basically a default. But I also don't know why you'd want two at the same time. Either you want different lifestage lengths or you don't, right? IIRC Inge's mod is basically a template for making other aging mods, and if the new one isn't exactly what you want in terms of lengths of individual life stages, they are very easy to tweak if you can run SimPE. Just open the mod in SimPE and set the number(s) that you want. It's very self-explanatory, and the numbers are even in decimal rather than hexadecimal. If you want to mess with the elder stage, it's a little more involved since you have to set the penalty/bonuses for the elder age-up based on aspiration state, but the other ages are just a matter of putting in the numbers you want.

The funny thing is, I've always believed that the '4 days=1 year' mod is just an extension of aging, not a 'aging mod' per se. But you're right and I've done tweaks to Inge's mod so that it's more or less to my taste. Just wondering if the other mod would be considered a true aging mod. Ah, well, can't have everything..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Undead Molten Llama
#18320 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:38 PM
No, anything that alters the length of the life stages is an "age mod." The "four days = 1 year" just makes the life stages proportional to the 3-day length of a Sim pregnancy. It's similar to the one that I use, which is Almighty Hat's "It's the Proportion" mod with a few tweaks of my own. There is nothing special about it beyond that, other than the other files you can use with it to reduce seasons to one day long and Uni semesters to two days.

If you want to use that mod, though, and you use ACR to let your Sims decide when to try to have a baby, you're going to have "fertility problems," in that your Sims will become infertile at far too young an age. If you use ACR, you might want to get an adjusted ACR controller to go with your long age mod. The one I use is here: http://kidsimblr.tumblr.com/post/17...mods-i-recently It would work with that age mod, too.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#18321 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:55 PM
In my game, it's all... what's the hurry... my 4 days equal... like... 4 days, maybe 2. Depends where I play.
Top Secret Researcher
#18322 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:18 AM
Yes there is. For game clothing, you will need to enter debug mode while in Neighborhood.
Then you'll press shift+N in CAS. This will bring CAS in debug mode and hovering anything will give you the name. It will also unlock everything.
shift + M to go back to normal CAS.

You don't need to do it in neighborhood. You can do it directly in Make A Family.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18323 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:31 AM
Oh! Good to know. Thank you Pideli.

Mad Poster
#18324 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Is there a list somewhere that gives the name of ALL of the Maxis clothing?

Over the years I've done a lot of recolorin (for my own use.. it's passable for me, but prob not good enough to share :P), however when it's not always easy comin up with a name for the item. If I had the original name it'd be so much more handier. I know I could go look it all up in SimPE I was just hopin for an easier way since that is a LOT of clothing.

The default database shows the filenames for all the Maxis clothes too. Click on a specific outfit and the filename will be near the top under the menu bar.
http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/
Alchemist
#18325 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:41 AM
Default Custom Decks
Two questions about custom decks.

First, how do I get my deck to use Smitty's Distressed Floorboards on top?

I have got the custom deck working, but would like to change the floor pattern. I think Smitty's is a basegame floor, but I can't find it in the floorpatterns.txt. I can put in other patterns from that file and get them to appear on the decking, but I have tried all the woods and can't find that one. I found the entry in the catpatterns.bundle, but that doesn't seem to give the right information. I tried the GUID and "DistressedBoards", extrapolated out of the name string. In game, I get the foundation plywood instead of the real flooring.

Another question - the new deck has no catalog info and is listed at 0$. How can I fix that?

I am using the files made by Devilsrope , and there is a separate package for the catalogue info, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have tried it, as per instructions, in the Scriptorium/Decks folder and loose in the Scripts folder.

Initially, I wanted to use the files made by Celebkiriedhel, because I like the Pirate wood better than the finish Devilsrope used, and the catalog stuff is included in the main file. After hours trying to make those files give me white lattice (they are incomplete as posted), I gave up and swapped the texture image into Devilsrope's file - which made the lattice work, but I lost the catalog info.

Anybody got experience with this stuff?
Page 733 of 1346