Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
Hi Om, It doesnt say its replacing an existing file it just goes straight in when I download the S3AscExpImp .exe..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM
I've included exact images of the folder made for S3PE plus the location of where the files are meant to be and are... and also to show that the helper is showing when right clicking on the MODL resourse but once I click on it I get a freeze (stopped working notice) *pulls hair out*
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#53 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:09 PM
You downloaded the source code instead of the actual helper. Only the files that have the extension .helper belong in the Helper folder. The correct thing to download is the link under: '2) The test version of S3PE s3asc helper .exe'. Do not download the link at the bottom of the post, just what is on #2. This is whats causing the error.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:43 PM
Ok I see... so do I extract the files from the S3PE s3asc helper.exe (The one I circled) image 2) ? because right now if you look I circled it and its inside the main folder.. I've now deleted the source code files.. but now that i deleted them from the helper folder I no longer get the "To S3ac" option on the drop down menu .... ugh im so confused..
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#55 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:59 PM
From what I can see, what you have in your main folder is what should be there. You do need to keep the S3AscImport.helper and S3AscExport.helper in the Helper folder

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:00 PM
So what exactly is stopping it from even showing up... because Right now I just got a normal s3pe.. without the additional options *Scratches head*.
Alchemist
#57 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:31 AM
I think you should start fresh Mel. Go to this link and download s3pe...get the 32 bit Unpack Yourself version. http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=571.0

Create a new folder and empty the contents of the .7z into it.

Then go to this link: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=469.0 And download the link that is number 2 in the list there.

Add that right into the folder you just emptied the .7z into. It *will* replace a file.

Now go through the folder and find the S3PE .exe and click it. S3PE will open and you will be able to export and import .s3asc files. I just went through this again myself to make sure all the links are good and all the files right and it worked just fine. Just take your time...it *will* work.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:24 AM Last edited by melanise : 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:15 AM.
Om !!! your a star Thanks so much the 2nd file replaced something this time round... wonder what it was before O.o ty so much I really appreciate it ^.~x Now the Modl file exports.. wooo :-P
Also I noticed theres only one MLOD File that can be exported and imported this way... is that normal ? because with all the others Including the MODL file I get an error message. And its the only file which allowed me to commit the changes made.. the rest havnt crossed out indicating that I've replaced it with an updated version *scracthes head* another brick wall -.-
Alchemist
#59 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:28 PM
Can you post the package?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:50 PM Last edited by melanise : 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:00 PM.
Gladly... I also added S3asc files which I successfully extracted and altered in Milkshape.. but they wont go back.. so I added those too and I also updated the images files.
Alchemist
#61 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:02 PM
Are you sure this is the right folder? The extensions that are in here are .model and .lod. They should be .s3asc.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:15 PM
hey Om those files were exactly what had extracted when I "To S3asced" them, Anyway I updated the rar file above and added all the files this time incase I grabbed the wrong ones.. so Grab the new rar. Ty
Alchemist
#63 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:25 PM
Mel I just opened that package and successfully imported each of the .s3ascs you have in that rar. Are you sure you're clicking on the right lines when you go to import? Click on the 00000 and import the 00000. Click on the 00001 and import the 00001 and so on. Also, make sure you aren't inadvertantly trying to import the lods and model you have there.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:57 PM
Om you done it again that was the problem seems more to it than how it used to be not just select all and import back lol TY again your a star x ^.~
Alchemist
#65 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
Cool Let me know how it looks in-game
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#66 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:06 PM
Actually it's less to it than it was before.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#67 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:06 PM Last edited by melanise : 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:54 PM.
@ Cmo Lol ya that is very true but just in terms of having to click on the exact right line... more detail than before if you understand what I mean.

Anyway more annoying problems have cropped up just as everything was going so silky smooth Everething looking good... I bump into this blooper in game :-(
When i saw it I thought maybe i accidently with all excitment or laziness jolted the mouse on a random vertex ... but I was very wrong I went back into S3PE and got the file back in Milkshape and there it was...so again i replaced the mesh with a new one and saved everything removed cache files just in case this was a problem got in game and boo its still there.. So before I Go all britney and lose all my blonde hair lol I thought I'd see if there is an explanation for this, its like a mini explosion lol, thing is its coming from one of the little Bloosom Flowers in the cabinet.. -.- Help!! :-(

I removed that flower inparticular and its moved to another petal... why is it doing this lol IM starting to turn looney I know if I delete another one the same thing is gonna happen... -.- sigh

Edit: Ok I just had a quick chek over to see if it was maybe me... but everythings fine once I save the S3asc file but as soon as i export it back to s3pe... it does the little rupture but only on those leaves... Im thinking I might have to scrap them and remodel them theres something thats just not digesting well here... but thing is each time I change a petal the distortion jumps to another one... why is this happening..I dont want to remodel the petals only to have the same problem again..

Edit: Ok In the end I remodeled the whole plant... now the petals are not the problem its the vase I made.. certain parts keep shooting out to the exact same spot... and Its always after export..
Alchemist
#68 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:06 AM
I just sent you a pm Mel.
Page 3 of 3