Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#276 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:19 PM
Huh. I wish I could do all the sleuthing like everyone else, but it refuses to load. Maybe it's my Kinde?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
I refreshed, it loaded up immediately for me.

Btw, I went back to the Stand Still in CAS page to see if Chris removed it. He didn't.

But I did find this.

yup. Just removed them now... got distracted for 5minutes.
Scholar
#278 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
According to her profile, Vinyl's a she. Which means I'm pretty damned sure Vinyl isn't Shimrod under a different name at your forum and is sharing his mods.. wait, wait. I'm not even going to go there because I know that's not true. Shimrod doesn't want his content connected with your site in any way at all.

As to whether or not Vinyl made that mod, you can see my earlier posts.

@mustluvcatz - Only someone with access could have changed that thread from the Chris nickname to the Vinyl nickname. The thread itself was only changed inside... The date of upload was the same, etc.
All that was changed was the content, and the name of the person who'd uploaded it.

He has only now deleted hidden it again, but you can tell by the screenshots (I caught one a minute ago) that the upload date was the 7th of September,
and someone who gave it 5 stars did so on the 11th of September.

@helianthea - I take it from your post below that you can see Chris' posts here?
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:25 PM
Interesting how "Vinyl" uses the exact same wording as Chris when "she" deletes "her" stolen content ...

Oh, and btw, I know the question was rhetorical in nature, but i just can't resist to answer anyway:
Quote:
Do you really think that little of me, or hate me so much to assume I am secretly going behind everyones back and supposedly 'hiding your content behind a paywall'

Yes. Yes I do.
Instructor
#280 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
How can I tell if it's cached? I've refreshed the page, but it still shows a proper page...

eta: I just opened my Mozilla, and went there, and I still get a proper page.

Maybe he doesn't want anyone with skills to access and download his stolen CC.
He realizes you can expose him for the slippery shit of a toad that he is.*

* this remark is not intended to disparage toads.

To determine if any site is cached, or to make sure you are veiwing the most uptodate version just press CTRL+F5 or CTRL+R.

Works on most browsers.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#281 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
@tsyokawe - it was there under Chris' name originally? Is that what you mean? Under the Vinyl name is the only way I've ever seen it. Which doesn't really matter since I'd say there's a 99.99% probability that nobody there made that mod.

And why did typing that bring "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" to mind? Hmmm, I must need a nap even though I already took one, lol.
Scholar
#282 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
@tsyokawe - it was there under Chris' name originally? Is that what you mean? Under the Vinyl name is the only way I've ever seen it. Which doesn't really matter since I'd say there's a 99.99% probability that nobody there made that mod.

And why did typing that bring "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" to mind? Hmmm, I must need a nap even though I already took one, lol.

Yes. It was originally under Chris' name. Back when the content was a copy/paste of Shimrod's upload here on MTS. It's possible that I have a screenshot.
I remember seeing it, but I can't remember if I captured that one.
Test Subject
#283 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:35 PM
@mustluvcatz - Only someone with access could have changed that thread from the Chris nickname to the Vinyl nickname. The thread itself was only changed inside... The date of upload was the same, etc.
All that was changed was the content, and the name of the person who'd uploaded it.

He has only now deleted hidden it again, but you can tell by the screenshots (I caught one a minute ago) that the upload date was the 7th of September,
and someone who gave it 5 stars did so on the 11th of September.

@helianthea - I take it from your post below that you can see Chris' posts here?

don't be ridiculous. Someone on our site registered under the name Vinyl, posted that content which I assume was taken from Shimrod.. noeone has changed the authors name from mine to Vinyls. More false accusations. It's getting a bit over the top now... what next, was I responsible for 9/11? and you have proof?

Update, i've set up a page where people can report content soon that they suspect wasn't made by the uploader. And posted an update on things. I'd advise everyone here to have a read:

http://sims4forum.com/pages/updatecustomcontent/
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:42 PM
Yes. It was originally under Chris' name. Back when the content was a copy/paste of Shimrod's upload here on MTS. It's possible that I have a screenshot.
I remember seeing it, but I can't remember if I captured that one.

I think I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt on this one. I remember seeing two stand still mods. One uploaded by Chris and one by Vinyl. I'm pretty sure the Vinyl's slow time mod is stolen from IceM too. Except that one "she" fleshed out the description more. While this Vinyl's tactic seem to be outright claiming that the mod is hers, all of Chris' upload doesn't have that claim.
Test Subject
#285 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TamiraA
I think I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt on this one. I remember seeing two stand still mods. One uploaded by Chris and one by Vinyl. I'm pretty sure the Vinyl's slow time mod is stolen from IceM too. Except that one "she" fleshed out the description more. While this Vinyl's tactic seem to be outright claiming that the mod is hers, all of Chris' upload doesn't have that claim.

Thanks Tamira... There was indeed 2 versions of each, mine and Vinyls. As Tamira says Vinyl seems to be claiming to have made the mod.

Bloody hell, I was wondering what next was going to get pinned on me? The assassination of JFK, The rise of Nazi Germany.. some of you guys will literally find a way to blame me for them

----
http://sims4forum.com/pages/updatecustomcontent/
Scholar
#286 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TamiraA

@Tamira - The post was accessed and changed from within. So, Vinyl has to be someone with those privileges. Either Chris Mayberry or his girlfriend.

@mustluvcatz - I haven't found the early screenshot, but Tamira posted a link last night to Shimrod's mod that Chris uploaded...with Shimrod's name still on it:

http://www.modthesims.info/m/showth...205#post4553205. If you click on the link in that post, you will get a deleted page, BUT look up at the address. That is the EXACT core address for the mod I screenshotted the reviews of a few minutes ago: stand-still-in-cas.49

Same upload...changed from within. Originally copy/pasted from here, then hidden, then re-opened under a different nickname...with the content rewritten.
Test Subject
#287 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helianthea
Interesting how "Vinyl" uses the exact same wording as Chris when "she" deletes "her" stolen content ...

Oh, and btw, I know the question was rhetorical in nature, but i just can't resist to answer anyway:

Yes. Yes I do.

The message that gets posted in the thread when resources get deleted is an automated one.
When I was going around soft deleting the content that Chris posted, it posted a 'This source has been deleted' or whatever it says, under his name.

And regarding your statement about it being edited from within- all members have the power to edit their own threads/post at any time.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#288 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:57 PM
Ok, I will be having a look at the sims4forum site later today or tomorrow - until then, closing this thread

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#289 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM
@Tamira - The post was accessed and changed from within. So, Vinyl has to be someone with those privileges. Either Chris Mayberry or his girlfriend.

@mustluvcatz - I haven't found the early screenshot, but Tamira posted a link last night to Shimrod's mod that Chris uploaded...with Shimrod's name still on it:

http://www.modthesims.info/m/showth...205#post4553205. If you click on the link in that post, you will get a deleted page, BUT look up at the address. That is the EXACT core address for the mod I screenshotted the reviews of a few minutes ago: stand-still-in-cas.49

Same upload...changed from within. Originally copy/pasted from here, then hidden, then re-opened under a different nickname...with the content rewritten.

What are you on about.... are you not grasping what we said?

I posted a version of the those 2 mods with credit to Shimrod which I removed but the two mods posted by Vinyl were SEPERATE but they were the same mods the only difference is that Vinyls had a different description and had no credit to Shmrod whatsoever.

I repeat, Chris (me) posted the same mods as Vinyl, but with credit to shimrod... they were 2 seperate pages/files on our site, but the same mod posted by two different people.

There's no big conspiracy around anything being changed from within.... are you out to get me?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#290 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:36 PM
Ok, thread staying closed right now , if anything comes up, send me or plasticbox a PM.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: thread staying closed right now , if anything comes up, send me or plasticbox a PM.
Page 12 of 12