Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:09 PM
Default Amsterdam Meetup - 14 Nov
Hey there simmers!

On the afternoon of Sunday, November 14th, a group of simmers in the Netherlands and surrounding areas will be in Amsterdam for an informal meetup. Just a fun afternoon of chatting, taking goofy pictures, and hanging out together.

If you're in the Netherlands, or can make it to Amsterdam on the 14th, we'd love for you to come hang out with us! All three MTS admins will be there, as well as other staff, creators, and players.

If you'd like to attend, please post in this thread and let us know that you'll be coming - and if it's not just you, how many people you'll be bringing so we know what to expect and if we need to call ahead to ensure seating somewhere.

Any minors must be accompanied by an adult (there will be at least one toddler present) - but if you are a minor/bringing a minor, please be aware that we can be a bit of a raucous, foulmouthed bunch... And it's Amsterdam, so you never know when things will degenerate into booze and hookers. MTS and its staff are not responsible for any injury, death, drunken stoned encounters with transsexual prostitutes, dismemberment, impregnation, grimpregnation, or twisted panties.

We're still working out the exact details of where we'll be meeting/what we'll be doing (it's like herding cats!) - probably meeting in one of the large squares and either having a picnic or going for a wander/coffee/something - if anyone knows Amsterdam quite well and has some suggestions, please post!

November 14th is the day Sinterklaas arrives in Amsterdam, so there should be some interesting sights and stuff going on there that day.

Any attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a plumbbob to be easily recognized! Cosplay is also strongly encouraged - yes, it's super dorky, but don't you want to dress up like Don Lothario? Also, there will be smustling. Yes, really.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:09 PM
How cool is that? I hope everyone has a great time.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:50 PM
I hope every one has a great time...soob can't go cause i have college
also just to clarify for anyone how old do you mean by minors hp?

A good friend of mine once said "Pythagorain Circles, that's just what life is.", when you think about this it doesn't make sense...well neither does life.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:57 PM
Whatever the legal age is to be unaccompanied by an adult and do stupid shit here, I suppose. I don't anticipate things getting too rowdy, but I'd rather not have to wrangle a herd of yowling 14 year olds, yanno?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#5 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:43 PM
That's sounds like a pretty cool idea.

I was thinking of going to Amsterdam to get some fabric soonish, could as well have a coffee and a stoned prostitue with my fellow Simmers while I am at it. So who would be there? (HP, Delphy, AngelF, Whiterider, those are the ones located in the Netherlands now I guess)

The day Sinterklaas arrives? You sure you want to do that to yourselves? That's gonna be chaos. But more chaos in the morning than in the afternoon probably.

Got any place in mind where you want to meet up already?

(I would suggest to take something around the Nieuwmarkt. There is a nice lunchroom there that is called 'T'is fris'. That might be a good place to start. The walking distance from the Central station is quite good and you won't really be near enough to the water to go into complete Sinterklaas-chaos, but closeby enough to go there if you want. This suggestion really has nothing to do with the fact that the fabric shop I need to go to is just around the corner also.. lol)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:51 PM
Me, Delphy, whiterider, and leesester are confirmed coming. TheFrenchSim will definitely be there, as will Renske (from #social), and probably Nouk. Haven't seen Angel around in a while to ask her but she's certainly invited.

There's a bunch of big open squares in the center of Amsterdam not far from the central station - was thinking that'd be an easy place to meet since they're pretty easy to find and would have room for smustling or whatever. From there, we could go for a wander or find somewhere to have coffee or whatever. Like I said - really informal, and we have very little idea of what we want to do besides hang out and act like idiots in public. :D

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:53 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I don't think I'll be able to be there though.. Take lots of pics! :D
Inventor
#8 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:56 PM
HP: I edited in a suggestion while you were typing. Even though my fabric shop is probably closed on Sunday, the tostis are very good there and it's just on the Nieuwmarkt square. Picknick sounds good too, but you do realise it will probably be f-ing cold outside on nov 14.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 7:17 PM
Going to check my calendar! This sounds like a lot of fun :-)
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 7:50 PM
I would love to be there, I lived near Amsterdam, such a f-ing shame I can't come anymore, I would've loved to meet you guys
Anyway, take lots of pics so we can see what happened! :D
Wish you all alot of fun! <3

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#11 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:12 PM
That sounds like something amazing! Unfortunately I live in the states, so I can't come, but it sounds like soo much fun! So sad.
Theorist
#12 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:41 PM
I never knew that all of you were from the Netherlands! Sadly I doubt I'll be able to convince my parents to allow me to fly transcontinental to Amsterdam to hang out with strange adults though XD (but you're all a good strange don't worry!) hope you all have a great time!

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:12 PM
We're not from the Netherlands - of the staffers who are (or might be) coming, only Angel is Dutch - and Ren from #social is too. The rest of us moved here.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#14 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:44 PM
Man, I wish I could come. I see how it makes sense to have it over there, but if it were based in the UK I could get there with little difficulty! A Flight into the dreads and terrors of Europe, however? ... Oh well!
Be sure to do some crazy stuff, though - and make sure that another event is planned again soon! ^___^

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:08 PM
How awesome?! You guys in The Netherlands? The Netherlands!? OMG!
I live more in the southern-part of Holland, so it's quite far from where I live.I agree with Robodl95. I think my parents won't allow me to come. Maybe they will but it's not something for me..Although I really want to meet you admins.

About Sinterklaas. I personally hate the whole Sinterklaas-happening, but for you foreigners, I think it's really fun to see.
And all the 'Sinterklaas-candy' like '(chocolate)pepernoten' are really nice! So, try them!!
Hope you have a great time there! I'm sure you will!
And don't forget to take pictures!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:18 PM
Pity I don't live in the Netherlanda anymore! I do pop back to visit my parents quite often, but as I've just started a new business I won't be able to make it over for the meet up - shame, it would've been cool to meet you all! Hope you all have a good time, and like many others have said it'd be cool to see some photos! :-)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:31 PM
It sucks living on the polar opposite of where you are! Maybe there should be a meeting in each big country. USA (east and west), Canada (east and west), Australia (east and west), UK (north and south), Japan, Netherlands?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:20 PM
Sounds like fun. Wish I could make it, but I don't have the money. If this had been announced a few weeks ago, that would've been a different kettle of fish altogether.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:41 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately, the Netherlands are quite a long drive from here! Beside, I didn't know any of you were in the Netherlands (beside Nouk). Let me know when something is organized in Montréal, QC.
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:24 AM
Damn you people and your European residency. I'm all for a meet-up in the Great White North - I live in MB, but I'm in the minority, methinkies. I'd be willing to trot on over east in ON or QC.
Banned
#21 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
It sucks living on the polar opposite of where you are! Maybe there should be a meeting in each big country. USA (east and west), Canada (east and west), Australia (east and west), UK (north and south), Japan, Netherlands?

Heh. If Aussie simmers are willing and able to have a get-together in Sydney or Newcastle sometime next year, I suppose I could organize a meetup like that.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#22 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:52 AM
Man - how tempting is this! It's only about £100 to fly to Amsterdam from south coast of England. Any recommendations for hotels near where you are? I'd probably come over late Saturday night and leave Monday morning, so two nights in hotel.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:53 AM
Well, it depends on how picky you are - Amsterdam is full of hotels - but some can be a little basic. Maybe try one of the Ibis chain of hotels - I think they have one in the centre, they are usually ok.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#24 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:18 PM
Maybe I should wait until you decide where to meet if there are no hotels near where any of you live? I await the details - but I'm definitely inclined to join you. :-)

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:23 PM
Well, we'll be meeting in the center of Amsterdam, and there's tons of hotels around there. Anything near Amsterdam central station (or really, within walking distance of any train station) would work.

Page 1 of 4