Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 9:14 PM
Oh, that's not corruption. Pink soap basically means TS2 has difficulties with rendering all the textures of each individual object, lol. At some point, it cannot render anymore and the unrendered textures appear pink. It's not a gameplay bug, but more of a graphical bug. It looks like your TS2 game does not have enough texture memory to render all the textures of the objects (including off-lot objects, such as neighborhood decoration, etc.), that's why you get pink soap. No mod conflict at all.

Have you applied the 4 GB patch and used Graphic Rules Maker to make TS2 use up more texture memory? That might decrease the pink soap... or as previously suggested, try changing the lot skirt to "small" to reduce the number of objects in your lot and make it run smoother.

As the neighborhood creator, I'll have a look into this one more time and reduce the number of trees in neighborhood view, lol. Because in TS2 base game (yes, I built Aileen Landing using BG only), you cannot see any neighboring lots or neighborhood decoration in lot view and the lot skirt is small as well. That's why I didn't notice it at first glance, lol.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:00 PM
You'll never guess what fixed my "persistent purple soup keeps infecting lot even after exiting and reloading the game" problem :shame:

I turned my computer off and on again. It's all fixed. I still have to restore from back up unfortunately but I will in future. Shut my computer off. Before fucking around with mod load-out.

I love this neighbourhood so much!!!!!!!!!! It's so great!!! I love all the architecture!!!!! The aesthetics of different houses it's all so clever and fun!
Test Subject
#153 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 5:26 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 30th Jan 2022 at 2:01 AM. Reason: added drama
Default House Layout Issue Report
This window in 34 Queen Cassiopeia Ave. is floating.

Update on drama:

New drama:
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 4:58 PM
LOL that went way out of control! XD
I love reading your updates, they're always fun and full of drama! I feel flattered to see people play and enjoy Aileen Landing! :lovestruc

Also, thanks for the report about the missing window. I've taken a note of that and will fix that first thing in the next version.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#155 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 10:58 PM
Default House Layout Issue Report
Telescope at the top of Anatomy of Cake isn't useable. Nudging it forward (with moveobjects on) made is usable.
Forum Resident
#156 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 4:11 PM
I just died with Teddy Bear, what a weird thing, I loved it! xDD
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 1:32 PM
I'm doing some portraits and paintings to add into the palace, so here I am with some of the paintings

Three Queens:

State Banquet 1:

State Banquet 2(The deadly one):

Queen Cassiopeia I

Queen Cassiopeia II

Cassiopeia I and Orion Xothburg, ascending of the Xothburgs on the throne:

Cassiopeia II and Sirus Xothburg, first portrait after Queen Cassiopeia the first's death:

Queen Cassiopeia IV and Prince Regent Sirius Xothburg:
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 9:30 PM
Awwww, I love your screenshots, @MasterBoy269 ! You've done an amazing job there! Queen Cassiopeia IV looks so cute! :lovestruc

Also, thanks for the reports everyone! I've fixed the telescope in the LaFontaine residence and also gave a few sims additional relationships, memories and jobs to represent their backstories a little bit, these include:

- The Xothburgs either have careers in Politics or Law Enforcement (if they were supposed to be bodyguards).
- Melboula and Matar are enrolled in the Criminal career now.. to represent their shady past! XD
- Most sims have been given a couple of friends that are outside the household/family members, i.e. Nihal Markab is now friends with Umbriel Sombrero (because why not? XD)
- Other adjustments that are meant to be a surprise! :D

Oh, and today, I finally managed to actually separate the day and night textures for skybox version! So, Aileen Landing can have its iconic gas planet and moons back without replacing other neighborhoods' skies. I'm so happy to share this news! The skybox version lets me customize the sky to an even higher level, so it's all colorful, lol! :lovestruc

P.S. If you wonder what that strange lighting is in the lower right corner, well... after certain sims arrived on this moon, it made a crack in time and space (explaining why sims from the future.. or the past suddenly showed up as townies!) and that blue thingy there is just a visible remains, lol. Let's pretend it that way. (You can probably tell I got too excited after separating the textures, so I'm just making stuff up to justify the weirdness, lol!)
Screenshots

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Awwww, I love your screenshots, @MasterBoy269 ! You've done an amazing job there! Queen Cassiopeia IV looks so cute! :lovestruc

Thank you! I hope I could make some stories with hood where I am currently soon too, so there could be MORE to see ????

P.S. If you wonder what that strange lighting is in the lower right corner, well... after certain sims arrived on this moon, it made a crack in time and space (explaining why sims from the future.. or the past suddenly showed up as townies!) and that blue thingy there is just a visible remains, lol. Let's pretend it that way. (You can probably tell I got too excited after separating the textures, so I'm just making stuff up to justify the weirdness, lol!)

Wait, from the past? I see the ones from future and some who deserve a bag on head, but there (As I know by Sims History) from past. This means MORE townies and MORE stories? ????
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:11 PM
Sorry for the late answer, real life kept me a little busy, lol!
But actually... there already IS a sim from the past in the neighborhood.. but expect a few more in the new version! XD

Btw, if you have specific requests (i.e. if you wish to have a Grunt or Summerdream descendant) please let me know! As I'm thinking of including a few more townies in the neighborhood.

Another question, do you guys like the idea of missing parents in the family tree (making the other parent speculative) or would you prefer a complete set of ancestors?

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 5:22 PM
Hey @Jawusa! I'm checking back in. Nice work on the newest version.

Quote:

I'm wondering how crazy it would be to add the beta version as a subhood to the newer one
Theorist
#162 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 10:17 AM
Hello Jawusa. I've not been here for long. I suppose your neighborhood has a lot of emprovements, right?
I found myself losing my sight in your project because it is so loong like any popular sitcom. Please navigate me to the last version so far I could look through.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#163 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 8:38 AM
Default Help
According to the poll we made back in 2015, the majority of you had voted for an urban and an Alien neighborhood.
The urban neighborhood is finished and uploaded and can be found here.

Now that Emerald Heights is finished, it's time to start working on the second neighborhood theme.
I've been secretly working on this for a while.. the lots are all done, but I'd like to have some feedback on the lots. That's why I uploaded the empty version of Aileen Landing for testing.

No EPs/SPs are required for this, as this is fully base game compatible.
No CC is required for the neighborhood to run, but there's an optimal sky replacement mod if you want to have Aileen Landing look like like in the pictures below...

The neighborhood is divided into two main districts; the Alien Village District and the Human Colony District.
The Humans have just arrived in Aileen Landing, so the conflict between Humans and Aliens hasn't arisen (yet)!

Aileen Landing has 53 lots... I hope that's enough, if you don't think so, please let me know!
Also, maybe I added way too many trees... in the neighborhood and/or in the lots

(As you can see in the pictures, Aileen Landing has two suns and a huge gas giant in the sky.)

Anyway, if you're interested in testing, please let me know!
Otherwise, have fun exploring Aileen Landing! However, please expect lots of issues. After all, this is only a beta/test version!

Download link(s):
The neighborhood itself... Inhabited Version (requires alien skins) or Empty Version (no CC required)
The CCs are found here... Alien Skins + Default Sky or the Skybox version (non-default)

Update!!: (01/21/22) The inhabited version has been updated. The most up-to-date version can be found here!
It now also includes scripted events! For more pictures, click here!^^

hi, i downloaded the skybox version and for some reason it didn't work. It just appears all pink, and it sucks cause i really liked that sky and wanted to use it on the neighborhood
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 1:30 PM
@Victor_tor
Oh right, I forgot to update the download links over here, too lol. Mostly, it was just a few bug fixes and a new subhood version. The final version is actually finished and I'll publish it as soon on MTS as I've got time. (Currently, I'm very busy because of university, so I just decided to upload it on tumblr only for now.) But yeah, I documented most of the changes on my tumblr post. You can have a look here.

@-Destino
Hi there, do you have Better Nightlife mod installed? It is required for any custom neighborhood objects that light up in the night. Try downloading the mod I've linked to, delete your cache files and load up the game one more time. I hope it works!

My Simblr
Theorist
#165 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 5:39 PM
Oh that's good. And also sad. Because I just found that even yours IMO super complicated neighborhood is almost finished and my neighborhood build did not moved any little for year.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#166 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 11:14 AM
@Jawusa I just found a thread with shared neighborhood at your simblr. Does that mean Aileen Landing is finished?
Regards Vic

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 9:50 AM
@Victor_tor
Sorry for the late response, I was busy with uni and all, lol!
But yeah, Aileen Landing is actually finished, it's just that I just didn't have the time to do a upload here on MTS yet.. will come towards the end of the year when the semester's over.

But the final version is already uploaded on my tumblr.. kinda like an "early-acess" upload, lol. I just didn't want you to wait for me until the semester's over and all... especially since I haven't even made any changes to Aileen Landing at all.

My Simblr
Page 7 of 7