2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#17126 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you do not have BO's No Sim Loaded mod then I would get it and see if it can fix that broken token. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

I have No Sim Loaded.
Advertisement
Scholar
#17127 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I keep getting errors thrown by the stray controller for some reason. There's a single generated stray in my hood, and no others seem to be generating because I assume every time it attempts to do that, it results in an error.

That's everything the error really contains, a bit stumped. It doesn't affect gameplay, the errors are just a tad annoying. Any way I could force generate/create my own strays to potentially fix this?

You can create strays using the CAS (Create A Family) in-game, and then move them with a sim into a lot.
Then use the SimBlender (www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0 ) and select "make stray" and choose which pet you want to roam freely.
I've made a lot of cats for my hood as I'm more of a cat person.

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
#17128 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
You can create strays using the CAS (Create A Family) in-game, and then move them with a sim into a lot.
Then use the SimBlender (www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0 ) and select "make stray" and choose which pet you want to roam freely.
I've made a lot of cats for my hood as I'm more of a cat person.

Oh, I wasn't aware that was an option on the Sim Blender. I'll try it out.
Scholar
#17129 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 27th Jan 2019 at 3:01 AM.
Oh, I wasn't aware that was an option on the Sim Blender. I'll try it out.

I love it !

Plus, I have the hack "no stray respawn" in my game .. cuts down on some of the unwanted dogs. (not all of them)

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17130 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Does anybody even use that Instant meal" option to feed their Sims?

Because I don't think I've ever touched that one...

Not as a 'meal' because it isn't filling and the time to consume it is long. I have no idea why anybody would use it in place of a meal. A sim can make and eat a bowl of cereal or lunch meat sandwiches in the time it takes them to drink the can, the other meals are also more filling and help towards a cooking point. I don't think people realize how extremely inefficient the instant meal is. However, I might now use it as a snack since I now have it defaulted into a can of 4X beer. (XXXX is a popular brand of beer over here)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17131 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 12:52 AM
I use in in households with no kitchen - yes, cereal and lunch meat sandwiches are as fast, but require a preparation surface. Also, the vanilla game has no zero-cooking-point meal that can be made at dinner time without a cooker or other source of heat.
Mad Poster
#17132 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 12:54 AM
If you have a microwave and a fridge of some sort (you can save space by getting a minifridge and putting the microwave on top of it), you can make ramen, which is filling and doesn't set the house on fire, and is available at 0 cooking points and I think at all times of the day. No prep surface required.
Mad Poster
#17133 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 27th Jan 2019 at 1:47 AM.
There are also OMSPs that allow you to prepare food on other surfaces.

Still, instant meals can be a literal lifesaver for pregnant Sims (or any Sim stuck in the hungry-sleepy loop), as well as pizza and birthday cake.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17134 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
I use in in households with no kitchen - yes, cereal and lunch meat sandwiches are as fast, but require a preparation surface. Also, the vanilla game has no zero-cooking-point meal that can be made at dinner time without a cooker or other source of heat.

You can make any meal at any time of the day, so cereal for dinner is a thing. Go to "make' on the fridge menu and under there is 'single' or 'many'. If many is chosen the sim will make and store the meals in inventory and keep going until the fridge runs out of food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#17135 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 1:42 PM
General Buzz Grunt keeps bringing home a townie child with the "[Sim] brought a friend home from work today!" dialogue. I'm pretty sure the Strangetown military isn't desperate enough to recruit preteens, so has anyone seen a bug like this before/have any idea what might be causing it?
Mad Poster
#17136 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
General Buzz Grunt keeps bringing home a townie child with the "[Sim] brought a friend home from work today!" dialogue. I'm pretty sure the Strangetown military isn't desperate enough to recruit preteens, so has anyone seen a bug like this before/have any idea what might be causing it?

Is this the Strangetown that came with the game or the fix version?

If it came with the game anything can happen. Strangetown that came with the game is so corrupted that it has done many things that other hoods never do.

If it is the fixed version then either you have a broken game or a mod conflict.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17137 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:34 PM

You might need this? http://www.cyjon.net/node/409
Scholar
#17138 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 5:51 PM

I had a male Sim in Pleasantview, in late middle age, who kept bringing an unemployed teenage girl home from work with him, in the vanilla game. I've no idea what caused it, though. In the end, I had his wife send the girl home and have a screaming row with him, then made him quit his job.

If you can't find another solution, you could have a storyline about a child the General found wandering alone in the desert, and use the SimBlender or something to add the child to the household - the General took him/her in because the parents couldn't be traced.
Lab Assistant
#17139 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 6:09 PM
Is this the Strangetown that came with the game or the fix version?

It's meetme2theriver's cleaned Strangetown, as a subhood attached to my Pleasantview. (The Pleasantview itself is the game's original, though, and hence definitely corrupted...). HCDU doesn't report any mod conflicts, so it might just be a bit of game brokenness.

You might need this? http://www.cyjon.net/node/409

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Instructor
#17140 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 6:29 PM
Some how I can't spread the lot view neither turn on the decoration view on the lot . I click on the menu an wont change .. anyone having this problem?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Scholar
#17141 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 1:29 AM
What skill level do witches have to be to get the glowy effect? Kimberly Cordial used to have it but now she doesn't and she's 2 skills away from maxing the magic skill. I thought she was maxed out like her sister Samantha..
Scholar
#17142 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:29 AM
does anyone know if vacation strays are possible? I'm wanting some Hyenas (Dogs) on my tropical islands.
Mad Poster
#17143 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
What skill level do witches have to be to get the glowy effect? Kimberly Cordial used to have it but now she doesn't and she's 2 skills away from maxing the magic skill. I thought she was maxed out like her sister Samantha..

I think that this is dependent on alignment, not skill level. If I remember correctly, the witch has to be almost max good or max evil for the aura to show. If Kimberly has been doing too many neutral or good spells, she may not be as evil as she needs to be for the aura to show.

I don't use them myself, but there are mods that stop this alignment "drift" when casting non-aligned spells.

Cyjon's "No Neutral Spell Alignment Shift" - http://www.cyjon.net/node/249

TripleM's "No Alignment Change on Casting A Neutral Spell" - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12918.0.html

or you can try this other one by TripleM: "No Alignment Change on Casting ANY Spell" - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg373596

There may be others that I don't know about.
Mad Poster
#17144 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you have a microwave and a fridge of some sort (you can save space by getting a minifridge and putting the microwave on top of it), you can make ramen, which is filling and doesn't set the house on fire, and is available at 0 cooking points and I think at all times of the day. No prep surface required.

Pretty sure ramen needs stocked fish.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#17145 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:36 AM
Ramen is just the instant noodles. It doesn't need fish.
Alchemist
#17146 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:44 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 28th Jan 2019 at 10:09 PM.
Those of you who use or create for Moghughson's greeting cards... does the flap side of the envelope ever show in any view in the game in normal use? I haven't seen it.

EDIT: I think, now, that it does when they are getting it to or out of the mailbox.
Scholar
#17147 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 2:53 PM
I keep getting errors thrown by the stray controller for some reason. There's a single generated stray in my hood, and no others seem to be generating because I assume every time it attempts to do that, it results in an error.

Do you have Visitor Controller installed?
The type of error is inconsistent with the game's default code but it is consistent with the Visitor Controller's override. The Visitor Controller's readme does mention 'Force reset of stray controller to avoid errors'. Maybe take a look at whatever the site is that the Visitor Controller comes from and see if there is further information.
Scholar
#17148 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think that this is dependent on alignment, not skill level. If I remember correctly, the witch has to be almost max good or max evil for the aura to show. If Kimberly has been doing too many neutral or good spells, she may not be as evil as she needs to be for the aura to show.

I have arek_91's "neutral spells no alignment change" and "magivestigium no alignment change" Mods from here on MTS .. Could these not be working? There is no mod conflict showing on HCDU.. Samantha (Kimberly's sister) still has her glowy effect as a Infallibly Good Witch and so does Frances Cordial (Kimberly's wife) as an Atrociously Evil Witch. However, Kimberly's glow effect was still there when she showed up on community lots whilst I was playing other families.

Edit: I decided to read the comments of arek_91's Mod and lucky I did, someone commented on 30th December 2018 that the Mod doesn't work with the "No Reagents Mod" which I have, but it wasn't stated on the Mod description (then again, creator hasn't logged in for ages).. Are the ones you mentioned compatible with the No Reagents, RoxEllen1965?
Mad Poster
#17149 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I decided to read the comments of arek_91's Mod and lucky I did, someone commented on 30th December 2018 that the Mod doesn't work with the "No Reagents Mod" which I have, but it wasn't stated on the Mod description (then again, creator hasn't logged in for ages).. Are the ones you mentioned compatible with the No Reagents, RoxEllen1965?

I don't use any of these so I have no idea whether they're compatible with No Reagents (which I also don't use). I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you. Both are popular categories though - there must be somebody around who's used No Reagents with one of the no alignment change mods.

It should be easy to test for though - you can always try it yourself and see if it works.
Scholar
#17150 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 7:50 PM
It's okay, no worries RoxEllen1965.

I'll probably take out the "No Stupid Reagents" Mod out if it doesn't work.
Page 686 of 1346