Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4326 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 3:52 AM
A minor pet peeve: On lots that have a cafeteria worker (my Orphanage has one), Sims can get into a weird fixation of putting away all the food as leftovers if I don't keep an eye on them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4327 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:30 AM
BO's Food Dish Autonomy should fix that though: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1132.html

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4328 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:42 AM
I actually did use to have that, but removed it for some reason. I'll swap it back in.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#4329 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 5:01 AM
Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've recommended a mod on here, or thought I had one installed, only to check my downloads folder to find that, nope, it's not there at all! Comes with simming for so long and redoing your downloads folder, I guess.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4330 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 5:05 AM
I'm constantly swapping mods in and out for various reasons. I make a point to go through every couple of weeks to keep track.

Mad Poster
#4331 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Pet Peeve: When there's food in the pet bowls and the pets just won't eat it. I have controlpets on in my startup.cheat file but even when I try clicking on the food bowl, there's no option to eat! Selling and re-buying them didn't do anything. Hopefully it was just a glitch in the household and not with my neighborhood....

Force error and reset on the bowl sometimes works.
Mad Poster
#4332 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:46 AM
Happens all the time to me; thought it was because the pet was finicky and the bowl was too cheap, but mostly seems to be because the non-eater was the "owner" of the bowl and some other pet ate from it. Eventually they will eat, but not before they are starving and I'm afraid they'll be taken away.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4333 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 4:24 AM
@grammapat - I know that pets can challenge each other over bowl ownership, but never noticed that. I'll have to test that out sometime.

Mad Poster
#4334 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 5:09 PM
Pets drive me up the wall so I never get them so I can't test it myself, but I'm curious if Cyjon's No Pet Challenge mod http://www.cyjon.net/node/65 might help with grammapat's problem.
Scholar
#4335 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 7:52 PM
Pet Peeve: when I try to make pets breed but they refuse because your relationship isn’t good enough with them.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#4336 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 7:57 PM
I've started just using the Simblender for pet pregnancies. You can have your pet get pregnant by a stray, too, which is quite realistic!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4337 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:13 AM
When Sims roll a want to play Marco Polo with no pool around. If you don't lock the want before sending them to a community pool, it usually rolls away too.

Scholar
#4338 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I've started just using the Simblender for pet pregnancies. You can have your pet get pregnant by a stray, too, which is quite realistic!

Oh wow, this will be handy for Tara Kat (Dreamer in my game!) and her feline friends! Thanks for saying this, I never knew you could do that with Simblender!

Pet Peeve: Getting in and out of the hot tub all the time, literally. They get in, get out, get in and get out again. Drives me nuts. I think it was a Mod that I had to stop my unplayable playables (make sense?) from being shocked by lightening.
Mad Poster
#4339 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:59 AM
Try Cyjon's Hot Tub Entry Logic. It should reduce that. I also suggest getting Hot Tub Exit Logic.

Scholar
#4340 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 2:08 AM
Yeah, that's the Mod that I had. All the Sims kept exiting and entering the Hot Tub constantly until I removed it. I checked for conflicts, nothing showed up. Ah well, as long as the unplayable playable Sims don't die by lightening in the hot tub, I'm fine with them staying in there forever. LOL. I switched to "No Hot Tub Suicide" instead and seems to work better.
Mad Poster
#4341 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM
Could still be a mod conflict. It only shows up in the HCDU if it modifies the same resource. This leaves a lot of room for invisible conflicts.

For a rather broad example, if mod #1 depends on vanilla behavior for something to work, and mod #2 changes that behavior, things may end up breaking.

Mad Poster
#4342 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:11 AM
Yeah, that's the Mod that I had. All the Sims kept exiting and entering the Hot Tub constantly until I removed it. I checked for conflicts, nothing showed up. Ah well, as long as the unplayable playable Sims don't die by lightening in the hot tub, I'm fine with them staying in there forever. LOL. I switched to "No Hot Tub Suicide" instead and seems to work better.

I think it's just a bug in the mod. I took my copies out for the same reason. Cyjon's mods make sims leave the hot tub if fun and comfort are maxed. Well, guess what motives are totally maxed by the time my dating couples get around to heading for the hot tub! Arrrgggh!

It's a great idea, but it just doesn't work for me.
Scholar
#4343 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think it's just a bug in the mod. I took my copies out for the same reason. Cyjon's mods make sims leave the hot tub if fun and comfort are maxed. Well, guess what motives are totally maxed by the time my dating couples get around to heading for the hot tub! Arrrgggh!

It's a great idea, but it just doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I found they do it a lot more if they're on a date. Carlos Contender had a want to Woohoo in the Hot Tub but Catherine Viejo wouldn't stay in the Hot Tub long enough. The bed was the only other option he had, poor Carlos. I'm glad I tried it out though.
Mad Poster
#4344 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:53 AM
I use the mod because otherwise I've had trouble with trying to get uncontrollable Sims out of hot tubs. Even calling them over didn't pull them out. It'd be less of a problem now that I use Dolphin's Control-This-Sim, though.

Mad Poster
#4345 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 5:51 AM
Yeah, I found they do it a lot more if they're on a date. Carlos Contender had a want to Woohoo in the Hot Tub but Catherine Viejo wouldn't stay in the Hot Tub long enough. The bed was the only other option he had, poor Carlos. I'm glad I tried it out though.

That's funny! Carlos Contender was also the sim I was having trouble with!

I forget now who he was dating but he tried more than once with different women. I would just get one sim into the hot tub and the other would pop out. First Carlos and then the other sim. And then Carlos and then his date again. They wouldn't stay in there at the same time for more than a second or two. It was driving me nuts!
Mad Poster
#4346 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:04 AM
In my game, Carlos Contender had a few small problems with Chris Hatch's Hotter Hot Tub. I actually wonder now if the issues were due to Cyjon's mod.

Scholar
#4347 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
That's funny! Carlos Contender was also the sim I was having trouble with!

I forget now who he was dating but he tried more than once with different women. I would just get one sim into the hot tub and the other would pop out. First Carlos and then the other sim. And then Carlos and then his date again. They wouldn't stay in there at the same time for more than a second or two. It was driving me nuts!

Exactly the same for me!! It makes me laugh but annoyed as well because I like fulfilling wants for my Sims. :p
Inventor
#4348 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 5:27 PM
I use Cyjon's hot tub mods for the same reason as others, to keep visitors from getting stuck in them forever and so my sims don't stupidly continue soaking while there's a lightning storm (especially as I also have the storm fix which allows for more intense ones). I don't think I've noticed an issue with people hopping in and out continually. Sometimes they'll hop in, then back out, but they usually either stay in or they wander off to do something else. The issue with hot tub woohoo is a bit more tricky, as I have ACR and ACR can be fairly aggressive once it sets in. When ACR kicks my sims off to woohoo in the hot tub (or I use the Casual menu to send them that way myself), the deed tends to get done. The sims do hop out again after it's done but I think that's part of the ACR routine.
Mad Poster
#4349 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:26 PM
In my case they weren't hopping in and out on their own (I don't have ACR). I would put one in and switch to the second sim and the first one would climb back out. I think I even turned free will off and it didn't help. Every time I put a sim back in the hot tub, they'd sit there just long enough to queue up the autonomous action to get right back out.

I like the feature that makes sims smarter about using the tub during storms, but I can live without the "max fun and comfort" restriction. If I have trouble getting a non-family member out of a hot tub now, I just use one of several mods that makes them controllable and force them them to get out that way.

I also had trouble with Cyjon's "DJ Booth Fixes". I wanted it because it makes sims dance in front of the DJ booth instead of behind it where they block my sim or the DJ getting in and out of the booth. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in one of the other features ("Booths on business lots won't be left "in use" by departing employees.") I don't usually have DJ booths in owned businesses, but I do use them as a handy way for my own sims to make money if their Creativity is high enough. With this mod in, the booth appeared to have gotten stuck NOT in use and the dance club promptly began to fill with DJ NPCs all complaining that that they couldn't reach the DJ booth because my sim was using it. One DJ couldn't get in it, so the game spawned another. That one also couldn't get in so the game desperately tried again by spawning another one. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's funny to think of it now, but it was really irritating at the time.
Inventor
#4350 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:05 AM Last edited by Sketching : 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:16 AM.
Probably kind of silly since I can just use adult forms or CAS to see what they look like, but I wish that Body Shop previews for the younger ages would actually have their heads face the player straight on instead of looking upward. I don't want to see the voids of your nostrils, I need to check your eyebrows!
Page 174 of 275