Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#476 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 12:01 AM
The Hunger Games: 10/10
The Hunger Games catching fire: 10/10
The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1: 9.5/10
I loved all the films but I was a little bit disappointed with Mockingjay part 1 still a great film though, It was my first time watching all three films as I never got round to buying them until a few weeks ago, I'm now looking forward to Mockingjay part 2 being released.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Scholar
#477 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 3:41 AM
The Hobbit Part 1 - 8/10. The second time I'd seen it and I liked it. I still think they drew out the movies too long though; the book has only enough material for one movie. But it was still well done and I liked it. My friends and I are planning to see all of the Hobbit and LOTR movies in the coming weeks.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#478 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:16 PM
The starving games : 2/10
IMO this film was a rubbish parody of the hunger games which I didn't find funny, I really had high hopes for this but ended up very disappointed about it, I totally do not recommend this film it just isn't worth the 83 minutes of your life.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Instructor
#479 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:30 AM
I've seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame recently and I'm still thinking about it. I used to adore this movie when I was a little kid, because of the songs and the storyline which I loved. But now that I think about it, the Hunchback was a MAJOR leap in the dark for Disney, compared to the previous Classics. It touches very hot topics... Disability, of course, and prejudice. Racism and social injustice. Possibly the first, also rather perverted, explicitly sexual desire (Frollo's towards Esmeralda). But most importantly, religion in an unbiased and critical way: Esmeralda's song in the church gives me goosebumps. Damn, this movie's got balls!
As much as I love Frozen or Tangled or recent hits, I must admit that Classics from the '90s really were innovative and inspiring. Mulan and Pocahontas also bring some food for thought to the table, such as respect for the environment, spirituality towards Earth and feminism. Elsa and Anna show that a woman doesn't need a prince but I mean... Mulan saved her country, defeated the Huns, showed everyone she was worthy even though nobody believed in her because she was a girl and her emperor asked her to join his council.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Scholar
#480 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:41 PM
French movie this time. On wednesday I saw Ça va passer.... mais quand?
8/10 I think. I didn't like the parents, but the kids were totally the coolest peeps ever.
Alchemist
#481 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:01 AM
The Voices (2014) - 5/10
Boy Meets Girl (2014) - 6/10

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Scholar
#482 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:39 PM
Drive (2011)- 9/10

Edit: forgot to rate movie
Instructor
#483 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:36 AM
I've seen The Age of Adeline yesterday!
First of all, there was a new Lana del Rey song in the trailer which was NOT in the movie, not even in the credits, which sucked.
But the movie was very good. A romantic and touching story with amazing visuals and setting.
8/10

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#484 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 9:31 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 30th Apr 2015 at 11:45 AM.
National Treasure 6.5/10 This was ok. It had its moments, but wasn't as exciting as I hoped. One huge plus was Nicolas Cage. The premise was a bit far-fetched, although I understand there's a kernel of truth in it (must be a small seed). I'll call it entertaining and not a waste of time, especially the Nicolas part.

Queen This was rated highly on Netflix. I'm not sure what to put for it. I'm sure it was good, it just wasn't the type of movie I like overmuch. It was certainly interesting! I enjoyed the singing and ultimately how the main character developed. I sympathized with her. There were just too many parts that I found off putting. That probably reflects more on me than it does on the movie. I don't enjoy grittiness.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#485 Old 2nd May 2015 at 9:25 PM
Johnny English: 8/10

I've never watched this film until today, well I only caught the last half on TV. It was actually quite good it was weird at first hearing Rowan Atkinson talk normally due to being used to hearing him Mr Bean. I found the part where he starts talking about his secret plans in the corner room in the castle yet he accidentally leans on a button that cause all the villains to hear his escape plan I also liked the ending where he was just about to make love with Lorna Campbell but accidentally eject her out of the car

Mad Poster
#486 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:04 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 5th May 2015 at 8:42 PM.
Ex Machina - 2015 - 7/10

I should probably stop rating movies because I'm not very good at it. I tend to rate things too high..
I was going to give this a 6, but Oscar Isaac was great so I decided on a 7.
Not really all that much about AI - more like if Dr Frankenstein was an asshole billionaire.
#487 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:34 AM
The Tale of Princess Kaguya - 10/10

THAT ENDING. PLEASE TELL ME IT DIDN'T END LIKE THAT. WHY.
Mad Poster
#488 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:23 AM
What We Do in the Shadows - Mockumentary/Comedy - 2014 - 9/10
So funny - I loved it.
Alchemist
#489 Old 9th May 2015 at 8:43 AM
Still Alice (2014) - 4/10
Love, Rosie (2014) - 6/10
Jupiter Ascending (2015) - 5/10
Black or White (2014) - 4/10
Concussion (2013) - 4/10
The Wedding Ringer (2015) - 5/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love Rosie made me cry and it reminded me of my old bestie.
Jupiter Ascending was ok but it went on for so long they could have cut some bits out because they are not needed.
The Wedding Ringer was so predictable and not funny.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Top Secret Researcher
#490 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:00 PM
Be kind, Rewind: 10/10
I honestly think this is a very good movie which is easy to watch and don't see any reason not to give the movie 10/10

Scholar
#491 Old 11th May 2015 at 12:12 AM Last edited by Noa1500 : 14th May 2015 at 11:02 PM.
The Guest (2014) 8/10
I thought it was ok, some may consider it gory. Also great soundtrack

Edit 14/05: I'm fairly certain that I'm not supposed to double post here so; I watched '71 and I'm rating it 7.5/10. I enjoyed it, but its not something that I'd watch again
Scholar
#492 Old 16th May 2015 at 3:46 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road.

10/10. The best action movie I've ever seen.
Alchemist
#493 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:32 AM
Home (2015) - 5/10
It was pretty funny I enjoyed it.

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - 7/10
Went to see this is 3D and it was so awesome,so much action in it.After the film me and my girlfriend discussed the meaning of the film was great,much more action in it then the original.

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) - 6/10
Went to see this with my girlfriend and it was good,it had so many funny part in it.The songs where not as good at the first film but I do want to see it again.

Fast & Furious 7 (2015) - 6/10
Went to see this with my girlfriend and her bestfriend and it was good.I have seen all the other films but I think its times they stop making them now.I enjoy the cars and the tricks they do with them but its because very much reached.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Mad Poster
#494 Old 24th May 2015 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HEAVEN-SENT
Home (2015) - 5/10
It was pretty funny I enjoyed it.
I'm reading the book now that it's based on and it's pretty funny, too. Personally, I didn't really laugh out loud at the movie, but rather chuckled. I thought the story was touching and the visuals were amazing.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#495 Old 24th May 2015 at 7:01 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road - 10/10
A wild ride. My advice would be see it in a theater for maximum impact.
Field Researcher
#496 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:34 PM
Beauty & The Beast (french 2014 version with Vincent Cassel) - 10/10
John Wick - 8/10
ExMachina - 5/10
Paddington - 9/10
Frozen (finally) - 9/10

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
#497 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:27 PM
Twilight - 1/10
Actually I'm in the middle of watching it. Bella is so boring! And she looks and acts like a social retard; why do people even like her?!
(guy almost crashes into Bella) Seriously? What the fuck is your problem? ...COLLECTIVE SOUL?! WHAT THE FUCK???
Adrenaline rush...heh heh...that's the only time I'm gonna laugh in this movie isn't it.
This Edward guy is weird
Why am I still watching this?
I didn't watch the rest of it just because I was so bored with it
Scholar
#498 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:44 PM
Major Payne 6/10
Mad Poster
#499 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 6:00 AM
Tomorrowland - 2015 - 0/10
The worst movie I have ever seen.
Scholar
#500 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Noa1500 : 6th Jun 2015 at 10:55 PM.
Meh: Footloose (1984) 6/10
How about no: Footloose (2011) 4/10

Laughed waaay too much(nearly peed): Spy 8/10
Page 20 of 39