Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Anhaeyn : 1st Dec 2018 at 1:12 PM. Reason: Problem solved.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (Solved) Bad gosub tree number error appearing whenever I want to travel to communitylot.
As in the title, I'm getting bad gosub tree error (with testingcheats on, without it sims just reset) whenever I want to send my sim to public lot.
It appears when my sim is calling for taxi (sim walks up to the phone, makes a call and talks, and when any window should pop up, error shows up instead.
The same error appears when I click on a sim and choose option "walk to lot.. community lot", also when I want to use car for the same purpose. This way I can't go anywhere.
Before posting here, I googled up this error and someone on MTS mentioned having mods needing to use "smarter EP check" mod. I have this mod for some time already, even before error started appearing - saying just in case.
At first I thought it might be related to some recent mods I've downloaded, so i deleted those and also other mods which were somehow related to traveling - that didn't worked. Error still appears. Then I hoped it might be just lot bugged, so I checked my other family = same results. Then I decided to check some premade family in subhood with which I've never played hoping that it might be related to only my sims - welp, nope, same error. Then I loaded up other neighbourhood (uberhood from MTS with pleasantview as main hood and others as subhoods) and tried traveling with premade, unplayed by me family, but the same error showed up.
This error I have for few days so far, I'm not sure how to fix that. I might try repairing game via origin, but I hope I wont have to, because i'll have to reinstall a lot of stuff after this (not sure about scriptorum, but cameras, lightning mod, 4GB patch for sure, so I'm hoping for another solution first)
The 50/50 option isn't good either, I have a lot of stuff in downloads and old dying lapop, game takes forever to load up, so with this option I'll waste a lot of time.
I'm including 2 example screenshots and few latest error logs (in zip, because they're too big to upload as single files).

Also this error started occuring somewhere after one situation and I'm suspecting it might be the reason, but I'm not 100% sure if that's it and how to fix that. So:
I had one sim, he opened his first bussiness on different lot so he jumped into his car and visited this lot, so I could rebuild and furnish it. After I was done with building and furnishing it, I went to live mode and even after making sure that the bussiness is "open", no customers were coming. Somehow I thought sim's car could be reason, so I decided to drive back home and take taxi to get to that lot. So sim entered car and when reaching the "portal" thingy where he should disappear and loading screen should start, sim got stuck and i had to reset him. Checked up the phones, but there was no option to call taxi and sim couldn't get into gar, so I forced error on car and deleted it. Call taxi option showed up, so I got back home. Im not sure if the car was back at home or not, but I went again to that lot without his own car and customers were showing up properly. Played a bit with him and I'm not sure if after that I went somewhere else again, but the error started showing up some time after all of this.
Please help
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Logs.zip (50.8 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:57 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 30th Nov 2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: fixed typo in first link
Your problem sounds very similar to this one (http://modthesims.info/t/515366).

According a moderator in that thread, "Bad gosub tree means you are either using a mod that needs an EP that you don't have or the mod needs another file." The simmer in the other thread was using one of dickhurt's travel mods that required an additional file. Are you using any mods that affect travel? (taxis, ownable cars, etc.). If so, are you sure that you have all the required files for it?

Several of dickhurt's mods require his Game Edition Addon to work properly. This file tells the mod which EPs you are using and saved dickhurt the trouble of having to write a different version of the mod for each version of the game.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303431

There are several other mods by other modders that require Cyjon's Smarter EP Check, which is similar in purpose and function to the Game Edition Addon.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/323

You can have both of these mods in your game at the same time (I have both of them in my game). Try putting both into your Downloads folder if you don't already have them and see if that helps.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM
@RoxEllen1965 your first link isn't working, you have a bracket added. (thought about fixing it for you but wasn't sure if you would like that so here is a ping instead) That sounds like something I would say though. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Your problem sounds very similar to this one (http://modthesims.info/t/515366).

According a moderator in that thread, "Bad gosub tree means you are either using a mod that needs an EP that you don't have or the mod needs another file." The simmer in the other thread was using one of dickhurt's travel mods that required an additional file. Are you using any mods that affect travel? (taxis, ownable cars, etc.). If so, are you sure that you have all the required files for it?

Several of dickhurt's mods require his Game Edition Addon to work properly. This file tells the mod which EPs you are using and saved dickhurt the trouble of having to write a different version of the mod for each version of the game.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303431

There are several other mods by other modders that require Cyjon's Smarter EP Check, which is similar in purpose and function to the Game Edition Addon.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/323

You can have both of these mods in your game at the same time (I have both of them in my game). Try putting both into your Downloads folder if you don't already have them and see if that helps.

Thanks for linking dickhurt. I had one of his mods in my downloads, one of those which needed this game edition addon. I deleted the mod and now sims can go to community lot once again <3
Problem solved.
Theorist
#5 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:44 PM
Do we need dickhurt's game edition addon if we have UC? I do have Cyjon's. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Do we need dickhurt's game edition addon if we have UC? I do have Cyjon's. (:

As far as I know, only some of dickhurt's mods need the Game Edition Addon. I've never heard of anybody else's mods requiring it. I guess it never caught on with other modders the way Cyjon's version did. If you're not seeing the error in the screenshots from one of dickhurt's mods, you probably don't need dickhurt's Game Edition Addon.

Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Thanks for linking dickhurt. I had one of his mods in my downloads, one of those which needed this game edition addon. I deleted the mod and now sims can go to community lot once again <3
Problem solved.

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but you could have kept dickhurt's mod in your game and just added his Game Edition Addon. That would have fixed the problem too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:24 PM
I have the game addition for his watch out! mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~