Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 4:45 AM
Default "Adyra's House" Challenge
hey simmers! This is a reality show style game-I named mine Adyra's House, but your welcome to call your game whatever you like. I suggest "hosts name's house" or "host name's house party". A big thing : cheat as much as you like; nice houses aren't exactly cheap to build.

First up, build your house or make your sims. People like to do these steps in different orders, so whatever
you should make 7 sims: 3 male, 3 female, and a host (either male or female). You should put most thought into your host, as they're gonna be around for a while. Don't give any sims jobs.
My host was, of course, Adyra. She's charismatic, friendly, good, and other perfect people traits LTWs aren't needed at any time in the challenge.

Then build your house. Your house can be on any lot, but I suggest putting the game on a large lot on an empty island. There isn't any reason for your people to leave the house, but if it is required, make your own community lot with a bookstore, grocery store etc. (whatever you plan on needing). Me, I prefer the game with stir craziness.
You should build several parts to the house.
a) A basement (or top story) which is very luxurious for your host (this part of the house does need to be locked off, so put the stairwell in a separate room and lock the door as needed. This area should contain: a bathroom, a kitchen(for challenges) a bedroom and whatever else you need to keep your host occupied.
b) 6 bedrooms, roughly 4x4, for the contestants. I decorated mine with a bed and a bookcase, both second worst and I also gave each sim a "personal item" based on their traits and LTW.
c) luxury features, such as a pool, lush bathrooms, and a games room. Decorate however you like. I only have the base game, so knock yourselves out with items from expansions. I suggest hot tubs
d) a party room. Bar, long dining room table (7 chair's, hosts at one end. Drop one off each elimination.), buffet, music. Sink for those who desperately require washing dishes. Doors leading to the pool.

THEN: Actual game play time!

DAY 1:Start by locking off areas of the house such as the bedrooms, especially the host's quarters. Keep your host occupied in their quarters, to keep them out of the way. If necessary, lock them in.
Allow all guests(contestants) to roam freely around the not blocked off areas for 4+ hours. Hope that they socialize. See who's smart enough to make use of the facilities when needed.

Change everyone into their formal wear and move them into the party room. get your host to come and socialize equally with everyone. Continue to let everyone roam around, using very little control. I mostly controlled Adyra.

Lock everyone into their rooms. Let them sleep.

DAY 2: keep the guests locked in until your host wakes up. The guests have things to do in their rooms, so they shouldn't be an issue. If they wet themselves, bad luck. They can clean it.
Have your host serve breakfast in their kitchen. If your feeling nice, let each guest have a plate of it. If not, leave your host to it. Have a challenge when the host is ready, or let the host keep doing things while you organize the challenge. Some suggested challenges are: eating contest (Requires host to prepare 6 group servings. place one in each guest's room. see who can a) finish first b) throws up last.) Swimming race (I recommend creating separate lanes for this by building well, 6 different pools.) exercise-a-thon (last one to stop wins) chess matches (pair off the sims. Each pair plays. Winner plays another winner. Last one standing wins.) cook off (give each sim a stove and ingredients/fridge, counter etc. in their room. highest quality meal wins. May require several meals to decide) sleep contest (who falls asleep last). Challenges can be held over several days. (eg. one chess match a day, although I don't see the point in that.) At the end of the challenge, let your guests use the facilities (I suggest keeping the party room off limits) and let them socialize. Feed them(so they don't die) either together or locked in their rooms. Let them sleep the challenge off. Decide on a prize for the winner, such as an activity with the host (either lock off a room or unlock the door to the host quarters for the winner, let them socialize, eat etc.) immunity from elimination, an object (such as a shower in their room), or extra meals.

DAY 3: let all guests out of their rooms; I recommend letting them use the buffet to get properly fed. Then, elimination

The person to be eliminated is the person who is least liked on average by everyone. So if someone is mean spirited or evil and ran around on day 1 scaring everyone, who do you think is out? And if someone is okayish with everyone and has one friend, they're more liked on average. When and out, the host has final say.

let everyone else have the day off. Let your host socialize, but try to keep it fair. so if you chat with one person, chat with everyone.

a good idea for day three is to have a "dance competition". An unofficial challenge. Have your host in the party room and turn the music on. Put all guests in a neutral area, with no advantages. Tell them all to dance with the host. The person who gets there first gets a big advantage-the advantage of dancing with and socializing with the host.

DAY 4: repeat day 2 routine: do a challenge and then decide on an appropriate prize for the winner.

continue on a similar cycle until everyone, save 2 guests and the host are in the house. Do a final challenge and then the person who completes the challenge gets a big choice (like on next)whether they want to stay on living with the host or to get the big prize: the house. If the person chooses the house, they can be the host for the next season. By this time, people may well have formed relationships; if you publish the challenge as a story, you should summarize what happens next-do the people stay in the relationship?

This is a cross between several already existing TV shows (the bachelor, next, survivor etc.)

This is my first challenge and post, so any feedback, questions and comments are appreciated. I'm sure I've missed something; I'd love to clear that up for you guys.

Oh, and when sims are eliminated they are simply kicked out. So you will need empty houses or a blank lot in your world.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:19 AM
This is an interesting challenge! I watch the Food Network's reality competitions(Next Iron Chef, The Next Food Network Star) and this seems to be a great leaping off point for my idea for a story!

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:32 PM
Oh, that sounds very interesting! There were a lot of such Challenges going on for Sims 2 and I once did one of those... I might try this, if I find time benieth my other projects... I'm thinking about publishing the results in a Vid like we did for Sims 2... Great idea anyway!

Ohkay, so wait, just to make it clear, all contestants must be males?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:13 PM
This is sooo interesting! I wish that I had more access to the Sims 3 so I could try this challenge! I love to see if anyone makes a story for this.

Oh, and is aging off?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trüffelschaf
Ohkay, so wait, just to make it clear, all contestants must be males?

nah, males and females, makes relationships more interesting...when you let them just mingle and everyone flirts and stuff

and yeah, I turned aging and story progression off, so randoms couldn't move to my town and I could take as long as I liked with challenges
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 11:56 PM
I looked over my instructions again, and I said the whole least liked on average thing? Yeah, I suggest doing a vote, where the person least liked in the "relationships" tab is who the person chooses to vote off. Sim with most votes gets eliminated.