Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:19 AM
Default Custom Life Stage: PreTeen (Sims 3)
I find it odd seeing an 8-year-old child age up into a 15/16-year-old teenager. Of course, it has always been like that since Sims 2. In Sims 3 (my main/current game), I actually wanted a PreTeen life stage, something that'll cover 11-13. So, I wonder if it's possible to duplicate the Teen life stage, resize the Teen model, and rename it Pre-Teen or PreTeen. Is it possible?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
I find it odd seeing an 8-year-old child age up into a 15/16-year-old teenager. Of course, it has always been like that since Sims 2. In Sims 3 (my main/current game), I actually wanted a PreTeen life stage, something that'll cover 11-13. So, I wonder if it's possible to duplicate the Teen life stage, resize the Teen model, and rename it Pre-Teen or PreTeen. Is it possible?

That would be a lot of work to do so, in a way I don't think it's possible, because you'll have to change a lot of stuff in cas and just in general it seems like something not one person can just simply do. Plus, there's a lot of coding and stuff and animations might look strange, and in a way it's just not worth it because you can easily do that with mods and sliders, because making a new life stage can mean changing things like voices, face shapes, animations and more, but that's just my opinion. But like I always say, anything is possible but it requires a lot of work.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 5:30 PM
Wasn't there a mod that makes children's height gradually increase over time. I've been trying to find it for a while but have been unsuccesful. Will ask in WCIF later.
Anyway that mod might be something similar to what you're looking for. As the gradual height increase makes it look like they're aging "normally".
Site Helper
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 5:44 PM
Grow, by Consort, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490536 @skydome I think this is the mod you were thinking of?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#5 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:04 PM
Yea that's the one
Thank you.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:10 AM
It would be so cool to have a new life stage but I just use a height slider to make my kids taller and my teens shorter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Grow, by Consort, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490536 @skydome I think this is the mod you were thinking of?

Sorry for late reply but yeah, something like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
That would be a lot of work to do so, in a way I don't think it's possible, because you'll have to change a lot of stuff in cas and just in general it seems like something not one person can just simply do. Plus, there's a lot of coding and stuff and animations might look strange, and in a way it's just not worth it because you can easily do that with mods and sliders, because making a new life stage can mean changing things like voices, face shapes, animations and more, but that's just my opinion. But like I always say, anything is possible but it requires a lot of work.

It does seem very hard to do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:42 PM
I believe you would have to duplicate a life phase such as "Teen" and rename it etc. then, if there is a script that operates aging, make the appropriated modifications there so it can turn to Pre-Teen before "Teen"