Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:48 AM
Default Possibillity of Facegen?
In the time waiting for Sims 3, I've played an awful lot of Fallout and Oblivion, and have been playing around with their respective Facegen converter tools. Got me thinking - was a sims 2 version of this ever devised? or better yet, if the prior is true would a Sims 3 version be possible (within reason ofcourse. The game has only been released).
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:11 AM
Can you clarify exactly what you're after, facegen is a pretty generic topic.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:26 AM
There was definitely never anything like that for TS2, and we don't yet know what will be possible for TS3. I'm pretty sure Facegen uses a specific mesh as well as texturing, so doing a TS3 version doesn't sound real easy if it even is possible.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:38 AM
Well as far as I can tell the Facegen converters for the Bethesda games relied solely on taking the slider settings of the Facegen profile and inject them into the savegame file. It never touched the actual meshes or textures. It didn't always work perfect ofcourse with people having very unique skin and all.

But thanks for the clarification.
Giblets for hire
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:39 AM
You need to be more specific. Are you asking if the technical capabilities of facegen are possible in TS3? Are you asking if it would be possible to copy face settings between Sims?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:52 AM
Oh I'm sorry. I'll be more specific. The question was "Would it be possible to take a face generated in Facegen and inject it onto a simmer in the game?" - but HP clarified it nicely. Maybe in time S3 will have the option.
Giblets for hire
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:30 AM
Yeah, that's not possible. Completely different technologies.