Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:13 PM
Default Sims2 - Lower salaries
Hello
Have Sims2 with all dlc
Game is too easy for me, collecting money is very quickly
Does exist mod to earn lower salaries in the job?

like this:
http://modthesims.info/d/580531
but to sims2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:30 PM
You can also adjust your gameplay to make less money! Most of my sims tend to struggle with money. They don't ever have a huge surplus.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:40 PM Last edited by mamaitata : 23rd May 2017 at 6:08 PM.
Yay, thanks
Second mod is that what im looking for
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:43 PM
I have a ton of mods in to make sim life more expensive...increased wages for service NPCs, higher bills, private school actually costs money, etc. Most of my sims still end up rich, though. lol
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:40 PM
I don't have any mods to make things dearer or harder for my Sims, and I never try to stop them growing rich, but most of my Sims stay poor -- just like me!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:34 PM
My sims are pretty poor. Most do not have Maxis jobs, that is your issue. Use custom jobs with low wages and have them buy business by taking out loans, then you will find them all as poor as mine. I also use that mod linked to above, realistic Payment for Maxis careers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:19 PM
These will be great for my medieval game

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:21 PM
Most of mine do have Maxis jobs -- and they're still poor! As for the budding entrepreneurs who are trying to run businesses, they're poorer still -- as poor as church mice. And, as for taking out loans to get started, Heaven help Scott Moore and his family if Consort Capp ever forecloses. And I don't see much prospect of Consort getting his money back any other way. The margins in the grocery trade are just too low. And Scott can't just put his prices up because the local population is so poor too. I mean how much money are you ever going to get from the likes of Ginger Newson?

I think part of the problem is that, like me, my Sims have other priorities. I know I'd rather play the Sims than grow rich. I fear my Sims pick up that attitude from me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:29 PM
I don't know why your sims are not rich Andrew. I remember my first serous family was my legacy he was in the criminal track (mafia family) and she was in sports. They quickly left their box and had nice things. They bought a 15,000 floating car and had it burgled the same night. That taught me to always get a car alarm. Then they bought a funeral parlour (to get the dead bodies through legit like) and a restaurant that you didn't want to ask too many questions about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Simonut : 24th May 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Gee, The Sims is my fantasy world I look at it this way just because I am poor do not mean my Sims have to be dirt poor. And why not let them have a higher pay,
I love the fact that my Sims can shop until they drop, I like for my Sims to live the good life. I do have poor Sims but even they are not dirt poor LMAO

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:09 AM
My poorest sims would be my homeless couple, they have a tent and sleep in an old park and they go busking for tips. I don't know, I just find poor sims challenging to play and rich ones boring. Getting enough money for them to buy bongo drums was an achievement. Then they also got burgled but lucky the drums were in inventory.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:21 AM
Yeah I don’t have any mods to make my sims’ life harder with respect to money except expensive NPCs and something for private school I think (I haven’t played a sim in private school for a long time, but for all I remember sims pay 200 every day for it), and I do indeed end up with tons of unused money after some time. The only sims that struggle a bit are premades, because I took a loan from shrubs* to renovate their houses and not all of them have paid it yet. But it’s not a big problem either, I just wait until they have at least 12k before removing a shrub (which costs 10k), so they still can afford bills and a maid. All my sims can afford a maid despite the fact that hiring one costs 50 + 90 per hour. And sims have plenty of ways to easily earn money even without a job! It’d be great if it were possible in real life. And plenty of other things my sims have and I don’t, such as life potion or bottomless pocket

*I mean Inge’s mortgage shrubs.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:45 AM
I think I will use a higher Bills mod and see what happen thanks SneakyWingPhoenix for the link you left, in post. #2

@joandsarah77 Oh my ! Your poor homeless couple bring tears to my eyes I am not sure if your couple is an adult or elder Sim.
I worry what will they do if the wife become pregnant ? Better use birth control Oh wait can they afford it ? LMAO

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:58 AM
They have about $150 or so in pocket. They started with sleeping bags, bought a tent, got robbed went back to sleeping bags. They are adults and no pregnancy yet, but I do use risky whoohoo, but no woohoo with sleeping bags. The bongo drum set cost about $350 and they did buy a folding table and chair set. If they do have a baby I would use the rug on the 'puplic bathroom' floor. And no it doesn't look nice I used all grungy cc in there. At least sims don't have to buy Pampers.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 24th May 2017 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They have about $150 or so in pocket. They started with sleeping bags, bought a tent, got robbed went back to sleeping bags. They are adults and no pregnancy yet, but I do use risky whoohoo, but no woohoo with sleeping bags. The bongo drum set cost about $350 and they did buy a folding table and chair set. If they do have a baby I would use the rug on the 'puplic bathroom' floor. And no it doesn't look nice I used all grungy cc in there. At least sims don't have to buy Pampers.

Jo's your game sound very exciting, oh please find a one room shelter if she should get pregnant. poor, poor baby life will become hopeless, this is a very sad situation. Well maybe later the
baby will grow up smart and win a scholarship or some rich Sims can sponsor he or she to go to UNI and then later he or she can help get his poor family out of poverty. This is a sad story but really do happen in real life.

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:02 AM
I use a harderjobs mod which I forget what that does, I guess it just makes jobs harder lol. I also use less money for auxiliary income, less profitable harder junk car, reduced selling price for fish, 2x bills, and a job stopinator that I can put in a sim's inventory when I don't want them to advance any more in their career. I also don't like Sims becoming rich easily, it takes the challenge and fun out of the game for me. Mods, and the wonderful modders, help with that.

I also have them pay for private school and University, just like real life (or at least where I live in the US, I know some countries have free Uni but that isn't a thing here, quite the opposite). And they don't get to keep that free $20k, they have to earn all their money.

All that said, my Sims can still become rich, they just have to work for it.

Edit: Oh and i've added taxes for them.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:50 AM
Don't worry Simonut my sims may be poor but they seem quite happy-I do take good care of them. They eat lots of free hot dogs from community lot bbq's. One bonus of living in Baskerville is it may be poor but it doesn't have winter so they won't freeze. Might get a little hot but they can drink water from the bathroom.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:03 AM
At least sims don't have to buy Pampers.
Oh, but what if they did?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Oh, but what if they did?

A mess?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:52 AM
While most of my pixels are middle-class, the ones with kids are going to suffer greatly when it comes time for college.
In their world, college costs $20,000 for 4 years, and it's upfront money. (I know this would be great in the real world..that kind of money is just a joke for some students and their families..)

Some of them have more than 2 kids, and that's probably going to bankrupt them. I have them send the college money by 'donate money to charity', because colleges are always begging for more money, aren't they?

I wonder if it's possible to go into Monique's computer and change one of the settings to 'send tuition to college'. It'd be realistic. On the other hand, I could just send some designated person the amount for the same purpose.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:59 PM
My poorest sims would be my homeless couple, they have a tent and sleep in an old park and they go busking for tips. I don't know, I just find poor sims challenging to play and rich ones boring. Getting enough money for them to buy bongo drums was an achievement. Then they also got burgled but lucky the drums were in inventory.

What did the burglar find to steal, their cook site or their tent?

Originally Posted by joandsarah77

This looks very interesting to me. Are they actually on a community lot or do you have a residential one decked out like a community lot. If so, do you teleport people to it to listen to the busking?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:42 PM
I'm in the camp that prefers to add costs, rather than reduce income from things. Anything they can't afford they have to take out a loan for which can get expensive. Housing loans are 6% per week, for example.

University costs money, how much depends on what kind of housing you choose. Chepeast you can get away with is 28,000 but that's for Sims that live in main hood or apartments on campus, and they have rent and bills to deal with so in the end it's usually not that much cheaper than dorms which are 36,000 if you pay each semester before it ends and you take on the job of cleaning the dorm. Dorms are relieved from bills (by force-error deleting them). If you can't pay at the time, you may pay later at a fee of 150 per semester. You are given one Sim year (4 seasons) to pay it off, after that the school starts charging interest, 4% every sunday. You don't have to pay off your loan, but you must pay off interest. That is one of the nicer interests in my game though, so just like in real life where I live, it's rarely worth trying to pay off your uni loans if you have other loans. Some Sims do though, if they are the type to dislike being in debt.

Private school costs 1000 to get in, and 750 each week. Marriage license costs 1000, divorce papers cost 2000, and child support is 1000 per child and week. Adoption costs 5000 (and you must have an additional 5000 available funds so they know you can afford a baby), drivers license costs 1500 and changing your name is 500. I've made air fare more expensive so going on a vacation is quite costly (will be sharing that mod once semester ends and I have time to do upload process). In addition if you need house-sitting it costs 750 per day.

I also use bigger bills by Amura, 300% for both residential lots and apartments. And I use her fair wages for NPCs. I used to have Pescado's expensive npcs, but I didn't like that it made the nanny so expensive. I do think the luxuary things like gardener and maid should be costly, but a single Sim in need a nanny would have to be very high up in their career in order to still earn money by going to work when using Pescado's setting. Amura's is a little less insane for nanny, but on the other hand more insane in other categories which I like.

Taking out a big loan to buy a house is not something a lot of Sims can afford, especially not straight out of college, so majority of my Sims will live in apartments. I use apthack and buy apartments fully furnished, so they do still need to take out a loan but a more manageable one. There is a wide variety of sizes in my hood, so they usually start with a small apartment while they get their economy in order, then move to a slightly bigger one, and then either stay there, move to a big one or get a house. They may save money in the bank using Monique's computer and I haven't changed it's interest so they can get some money "free" if they have a bit of extra capital to put in the bank. Some Sims prefer to save all their money until the interest from savings matches the interest from loans, that way their loans stabilize by taking savings interest to pay off loan interest, and they can start paying it off in their own pace while still having backup funds if they need it.

Unlike some Simmers my Sims are rarely dirt poor. I have two families that are poor, but that's on purpose. It's costly to live in my town, but since I don't lower wages (with a few select exceptions, where I felt the career was unreasonably paid compared to others, though I also raised a few where it was unreasonable in the other direction) or use low-paid custom careers Sims have a chance to pull it off if they just live according to their income and don't get luxuries. I do use job stopinator because I don't think it's realistic that every Sim reach the top of a career, but most will reach 4-5 at least and that's usually enough. This summer when I have time to figure out settings I'm going to add Williams mod that increases salary over time even if you are stuck in the same job, so that my Sims have a chance to earn more even if they remain in their post.

I was going to add taxes too, but in the end I found that these costs are enough to keep the hood balanced. I don't want my Sims crippled poor, I just want there to be a real reason and incentive to earn money. And with everything listed above, my Sims have to work and think about money before spending, but they can still afford new clothes or moving to a nicer place eventually. At some point I want to mod the cost of eating at an un-owned restaurant, because it feels rather out of tune with the other costs of the hood, but after that I don't think I'll make my Sims lives any harder.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:19 AM
I completely forgot to mention that I use realistic wages mod or something like that that makes wages 1/2 of what they originally were.

I'm honestly surprised at how expensive some simmers make it for their Sims, I thought I was harsh! I'm easy on my Sims compared to some!

I also have fees
Adoption Fee- $3,000
Marriage Fee- $100
Funeral Fee- $2,000
Divorce Fee- $2,000

Any debt gets 1% added to it each Sunday when taxes/child support are taken out

University Fees- for LFT or any, regular?, University $6,500 (750 per semester + the 500 start) (3,000 to get in, pays for Freshmen & sophmore, before junior must pay another 1,500 and before senior must pay the other 2,000. Will get unused money back, if repeat a semester more money is required $750 per semester)

For LGU I figured, while the education there is exactly the same standards they want more Sims to be able to get to Uni should they wish so $3,300 (350 per semester + 500 start) (1,400 to get in, pays for Freshmen & Sophmore, before Junior must pay another 700 and before senior must pay the other 1,200. Will get unused money back, if repeat a semester more money is required 350 per semester)

University also has points to get in based on High School grade, skill points, badges etc.

Private School- $5,000 (for elementary & for high school so $10k total), Prep School - $8k each and homeschool $1k each

Some other miscalleaneous fines (like child support, getting caught with a money tree and other illegal things)

Taxes (Uni kids are exempt)
3% of house value per rotation, also 3% of any and all vacation homes

Edit: Some Sims want to become rich, and they can, and other Sims don't care to be rich just have what they need. I'll have poor, middle class and rich Sims.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
What did the burglar find to steal, their cook site or their tent?

Originally Posted by joandsarah77

This looks very interesting to me. Are they actually on a community lot or do you have a residential one decked out like a community lot. If so, do you teleport people to it to listen to the busking?

They live on a residential lot-you have to, to be able to place them in a hood. It's decked out to look like an old abandoned park with an old grotty toilet block and weeds. They have a tent and a cooler fridge around the back so not to draw attention to themselves. No bills or paper since you wouldn't. But because they don't officially have an address they can't get a job. I just send them to community lots to busk, they are doing okay at it. If they can make $1000 I will let them move to my down on your luck hostel. I added in the mod that lets me direct them to sponge bath although they do autonomously even on a community lot. I only allow them to buy things they could reasonably take 'home' on a bus.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2