Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:33 PM
Default About Sims Jogging
Hello all, I always see a Sims passing by my Sims lot jogging ( mostly townies ) I really like that animation sometime you can play the Sims for years and still don't know the in and out of the game.
How can I make my regular Sims go jogging ? I was thinking that since Maxis added that animation in the game that maybe it can be use. Exactly what do I do to activate the jogging animations ?
Or do I need a mod? Thanks for your reply

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:39 PM
Well, they can go for a run above a certain body skill but they run off lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:47 PM
Just tell them to go jogging, it's a freetime perk. One of those things sims can do if they have enough enthusiasm.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:35 AM
And for those that don't have FT, there's a mod by Smonaff that adds a jogging interaction (found here). And if you'll excuse me for self-promoting, I made a mod that makes the jogging motive decay more sensible (found here) for those that might want that. I also separated pet motive changes from Sims', because it made no sense to me that they were the same.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:43 AM
Thank you all, I do have FT but it seem not to work so well in my game ( so I took it out ) since Jo's said it is a freetime perk. But I have always notice the Sims jogging pass the lot way before freetime came out.
Anyway thanks gummilutt for the link you left for those with or without free time. Not to worry if someone need your mod with FT you can and should promote your Mod, because it help.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:27 AM
Yep, sims will jog past your lot even without freetime. But if you want to make them go jogging, you need freetime and to get their Fitness enthusiasm to the right level.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:44 AM
I like Neder's mod that makes sims actually jog off the lot instead of walking off. It's compatible with Gummi's mod too.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Alchemist
#8 Old 27th May 2017 at 12:38 AM
downloaded the Prima Guides from some site.
jogging is a Fitness Hobby bonus; level 3 enthusiasm.