Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOS: I can't make my Sims Freestyle, answer, their cellphone, or listen to their mp3 player in The Sims 2
I have The Sims 2 ultimate collection
at first, just by entering the boolprop cheat I was able to select, "give cellphone" and "give mp3 player".
I also used to be able to freestyle anywhere, whether I'm on a Community lot or residential, but now I cannot do either of those things.
How do I make my sims freestyle? is there a posebox for it?

I have the teen woohoo insimenator, a spawn modder, and a few animation/pose boxes in my game. Could adding those be the cause of it, or is it something else?
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:37 PM
Do you have the hack conflict detection utility? You have to rename your documents folder however.

Here is http://modthesims.info/t/534429 a thread that tells how to use it for UC.

I would just go in and remove my downloads folder, and go into a hood you don't normally use, and see if the sims there are able to use it just fine.

Also I cannot remember honestly, but does freestyle require creativity points to be able to do it? Are you testing with sims who could freestyle fine before?

Also do the usual, delete caches etc. Maybe reboot your computer and restart the game as well. Check to see if different households have the issue or just the one. Also the cellphone and mp3 player sounds like something that is interfering with the inventory.

If that doesn't work, try making a whole new documents folder, and see if in a purely vanilla game if everything is ok.

If it is, it is definitely a conflict. I will go in and test really quickly in my vanilla folder to see if you need creativity points. I will edit to respond.

Ok I honestly couldn't remember so I went in to test, and I took a sim with no creativity points and she was able to entertain/freestyle and entertain/freestyle for tips just fine.

So pay particular attention to what mods you have added recently, also if you have installed any lots, because either of those could be conflicting. It isn't insimenator by itself anyway, I can tell you that much.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:44 AM
Check the versions you have for inteen and insim and an y other mods. If you have UC you should be using the Mansions and Gardens versions where available, or Apartment Life versions where there is no separate M&G one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:10 PM
Default hack conflict detection utility
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Do you have the hack conflict detection utility? You have to rename your documents folder however.

Here is http://modthesims.info/t/534429 a thread that tells how to use it for UC.

I would just go in and remove my downloads folder, and go into a hood you don't normally use, and see if the sims there are able to use it just fine.

Also I cannot remember honestly, but does freestyle require creativity points to be able to do it? Are you testing with sims who could freestyle fine before?

Also do the usual, delete caches etc. Maybe reboot your computer and restart the game as well. Check to see if different households have the issue or just the one. Also the cellphone and mp3 player sounds like something that is interfering with the inventory.

If that doesn't work, try making a whole new documents folder, and see if in a purely vanilla game if everything is ok.

If it is, it is definitely a conflict. I will go in and test really quickly in my vanilla folder to see if you need creativity points. I will edit to respond.

Ok I honestly couldn't remember so I went in to test, and I took a sim with no creativity points and she was able to entertain/freestyle and entertain/freestyle for tips just fine.

So pay particular attention to what mods you have added recently, also if you have installed any lots, because either of those could be conflicting. It isn't insimenator by itself anyway, I can tell you that much.

I tried to get the conflict detection utility, but when I clicked on the link, the page was no longer available do you know any other sites that may have the Utility?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:22 PM
SimWardrobe died a while ago but I had all their stuff, so here's the link you want: http://simfileshare.net/download/257956/

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:46 PM
It is a mod problem.
The UC does not have inherent problems.
It does, however, run on the M&G engine, and it is possible that you may have either conflicting mods or a mod that is not updated. So you do need to get the latest version of any mod you use.
Theorist
#7 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:29 PM
What is meant by inherent problems? (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
What is meant by inherent problems? (:

Problems that are there from the beginning before adding any hacks or anything. Corruption from deleting Sims from the bin is an inherent issue, corruption from installing and then removing hacks with NPCs isn't.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 8:30 PM
I actually meant that the UC cannot be blamed for the OP's problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 8:48 PM
Default Thanks-Another question, though
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
SimWardrobe died a while ago but I had all their stuff, so here's the link you want: http://simfileshare.net/download/257956/

Thanks for the link. I didn't have enough room to copy my entire "downloads" folder, but I copy and pasted the CC with exclamation points to the "temp" folder for the hack utility, and scanned them. What happens after there scanned? what do you do with the conflicts that are detected?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 10:38 PM
Once it has scanned, a report will be generated as to what mods conflict. Then you need to decide how you want to fix it. Sometimes mod conflicts can be solved by loading order, but other times you have to decide which one you want to keep and which you want to get rid of.

The game loads alphabetically, and which ever mod is further down the alphabet loads last and "wins" when mod conflicts are present.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Once it has scanned, a report will be generated as to what mods conflict. Then you need to decide how you want to fix it. Sometimes mod conflicts can be solved by loading order, but other times you have to decide which one you want to keep and which you want to get rid of.

Some "conflicts" are known and really not an issue at all. Edit: I guess what I mean is, some are very easily solved by load order.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:32 PM
I do get why people are suggesting the HCDU, but this sounds more like a problem with an outdated mod than with two mods conflicting with one another, to me. So, before you do anything else, check and see whether moving those mods out of the Downloads folder has actually helped - if the problem is still there then you don't need to worry about the mods conflicting with each other.

(If any of the mods are the kind of thing which can cause corruption if you just yank them out of your game - such as mods which create NPCS, multi-PT mods, or CC skintones and eyes, test the problem in a throwaway neighbourhood instead of one you actually play)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annikaclou
Thanks for the link. I didn't have enough room to copy my entire "downloads" folder, but I copy and pasted the CC with exclamation points to the "temp" folder for the hack utility, and scanned them. What happens after there scanned? what do you do with the conflicts that are detected?

You don't need to copy paste your cc anywhere, I just leave the HCU in my download folder and run it right there.

Firstly they are only potential conflicts, some thing will always show as conflicts and not actually be conflicts at all. You will get a lot of object mods showing that way, you can ignore those. Then if you see mods that could be conflicting, for example they both deal with something similar then try pulling one of them. Sometimes things just need a different load order.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:02 AM
Jo, UC users do need to copy and paste, the HCDU is looking for a folder named The Sims 2. The UC folder is named The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

I make a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder and paste it and rename it to The Sims 2. The HCDU, which on my pc is on a different partition, will then read it.