Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#33351 Old Yesterday at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mocuna
Not the case (that part of an SP, right? cuz I only have M&G). I remember I saw it near the back of the house, there was no sim around, only a graveyard. Could a ghost provoque such particles?

Well, they are from the Happy Holidays pack which is shipped with the game in some cases, but if you dont have it then we can rule that out.
Not that I know of. Ghosts can haunt objects and if they had died by drowning they can flood the lot. I think ghosts emit particles in TS3, not TS2, so I cant think of ghosts doing this.
With Pets, Sims can spawn a food box to feed womrats , cats, dogs or birds. This drops a pet food effect and can sometimes cause it to get stuck on Sims' hands. It's kind of earthy coloured, I dont know if this could be it because you said it was like a party balloon.
Could you send a screenshot of the back of the house? I'll see if there are any other objects that cause colourful particles.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33352 Old Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mocuna
A couple of times I've notice, from the cormer of my eye, a sort of particle explosion, like when a party balloon pops. Do you know guys have any idea what could be the cause? I'm certain it wasn't a balloon.

Having a bird on the lot can seem to trigger a visual bug where the food "confetti" from the cage and/or sim when they interact with it. Not sure if it was patched out at some point, though - haven't checked if it still happens in UC (my old game was maybe a bit iffy on the patching, as in I can't remember if I did it...).

There's a neighborhood deco item effect that has some popping effects, but I'm not sure if it shows on lot view (check if there's a blue effect box near the house in NH view.

Pretty sure the party effects come with the holiday packs, and I don't think they throw off any particles on their own without sims interacting with them. There's fireworks (cone-shaped, small?) and a sparkler (in a box with some other things), but you'll have to put the items out for sims to interact with them.

Sims also do some party popper things when there's a birthay celebration (I think? Been a while since I did birthday parties...) but you'd know about that.

Balloons are the only things I can think of that do random popping with confetti on a lot, but you'd see the remains of the balloon.
Page 1335 of 1335