Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2951 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 7:06 PM
The Cigen/preview issue isn't a big issue for me. I tried out the program without, and it's fine for what it is. The program can be used in several ways, not just to go through your entire CC folder.

I had more issues with figuring out I had to press Enter when changing pricing and such, especiallly in the Object Relocator (but as usual I'd skipped over some reading parts, so figured it out eventually - but who hasn't had some startup issues in a program before?).

Anyway, I'll likely still mostly be using SimPE. It does pretty much everything I need, there's (texture) previews and whatnots, and if I need some input from the other programs for batch fixing or similar, I have those too.

I'm likely never going to use the OO or WW to look through my entire Downloads folder. Even the GUID scanner in SimPE struggles, and that's just half the Downloads folder (not the CAS stuff)... :/

---

Repo'd outfits can sometimes cause problems, but most of the time when they don't show up it's because the game can't read them - either you've got the wrong master outfits for that set, or the folder/files are above the 256 character limit.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2952 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 12:06 PM
Does anyone use the Clean Installer to look through files? It's useful for more than just installing.
Mad Poster
#2953 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does anyone use the Clean Installer to look through files? It's useful for more than just installing.

I've used it recently to find if I have a certain file, to either delete it or replace it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2954 Old 1st Nov 2023 at 1:36 PM
I use it to clear out duplicates.
Mad Poster
#2955 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 3:30 AM
Speaking of nude clothes ...well it was sort of mentioned. I have some "tops" for females that look like an oversized, "detailed" chest. I've actually used it for dressing adult female crazies. Same for "bottom" for females and males - never actually used that one. I think maybe this is some sort of error? missing some code? Wonder if some non-playable could be assigned these "clothes"... urp

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2956 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Speaking of nude clothes ...well it was sort of mentioned. I have some "tops" for females that look like an oversized, "detailed" chest. I've actually used it for dressing adult female crazies. Same for "bottom" for females and males - never actually used that one. I think maybe this is some sort of error? missing some code? Wonder if some non-playable could be assigned these "clothes"... urp

These tend to be repo'd clothes that either are missing the master files, OR the master files can't be read because the file path for them is over the 256 character limit. The meshes and repo'd recolors are showing up fine (the "naked" clothes wouldn't have been showing at all if the repo'd recolors weren't there, or would've been showing with EAxis thumbnails if the meshes were missing).
Alchemist
#2957 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 1:38 AM
I know some simmers on here use Chris Hatch's Community Time; LimeyYoshi posted a fix:
Quote:
This post is about Chris Hatch's version of the popular Community Time Project mod for Sims 2, which prevents an immediate return of a Sim to their home lot after a travel. It's a great idea and I use this mod ever since I started using mods in my game.

However, it has a known but so far unfixed issue. If the player ever closes the text box that shows the remaining time until the Sim's return, or if the player closes their game while a Sim is off-world and later reloads the lot, then the mod will throw an "Undefined Transition" error.

CTP also fails to calculate the time correctly if a Sim is away for longer than 72 hours, and instead flows over to zero.

I have prepared a little fix for these two issues which I deemed not large enough to upload to MTS, but it's a critical fix for CTP users nonetheless.

Note that, unless CTP is re-written from scratch, travel times longer than seven days (168 hours) will still slow over to zero, because the Token - Community Time does not keep track of larger time units than the current Day of Week at departure.

While I was at it, I also solved the conflict between CTP and @lazyduchess' Playable Nannies mod.

Make sure the fix loads after CJH_CommTime(StandAlone), and also after ld_scheduler_car_semiglobals if you have it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#2958 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 12:07 PM
Trimmable Bonsai Plant by Tvickiesims and Episims:
https://tvickiesims.tumblr.com/post...ab-with-episims

Trimming and viewing it gives nature enthusiasm and a higher enthusiam level unlocks more shape options for trimming.
Mad Poster
#2959 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 10:47 AM
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who uses Pescado's 'Bathroom uses you' mod-but I'm so very tired of the logo on the roll of toilet paper..so when I saw this I grabbed it-a reconfigured roll of toilet paper that does not have that annoying logo:

https://simblr.cc/ts2/mod/1616-bath...but-pretty.html

I just wish this had been done far earlier.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#2960 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:32 PM
Episims' Energy Gain Determined by Aspiration Level

Can't believe I missed this...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Field Researcher
#2961 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 11:18 PM
Sneak Out Loot by Pick 'n' Mix mods: https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...eakOutLoot.html

When teens sneak out, they have a chance of bringing home stuff like garden gnomes. Sounds funny, I like it.
Alchemist
#2962 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 4:37 PM
Repository Wizard "The Repository Wizard is a utility for automating the repository technique for objects and clothing."

Lab Assistant
#2963 Old Yesterday at 9:12 PM
Jacky93 fulfilled my request for two seasonal foods! For anyone anticipating Easter: Hot Cross Buns. I don't believe that these have been a traditional treat in the US until recently (please correct me if I'm mistaken), but they're huge in New Zealand and other commonwealth countries - we even have an annual Hot Cross Bun award. Jacky has done a splendid job converting Tiana-Sims TS4 Hot Cross Buns and also a Plum Pudding for Christmas (my original request was for the pudding to be set alight like Crepe Suzette, but Jacky doesn't use the necessary EP). I'm very grateful to Jacky and excited to put these in my game! https://jacky93sims.tumblr.com/post...ng-food-for-the
Page 119 of 119