Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#526 Old 26th May 2022 at 5:52 PM
It's been a while! Lots of real life stuff happening!

I saw a download by Windkeeper that replaces the default nanny outfit with an outfit from OFB. I have Sim-Wolf's All Adult/YA Clothing for Elders and decided to replace the nanny outfit with H&M, AL, and OFB outfits. Stylish nannies, yay!

It's a matter of replacing the CRES, TXMT files, and matching the reference file (SHPE) for the replacement to the default clothing within the CRES.

OFB sparkly outfit here

Advertisement
#527 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 2:37 PM
Default Practicing w/ Disney/Pixar Sims again
Facial proportions are hard.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#528 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 9:09 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 17th Aug 2022 at 10:09 AM.
Making these guides for when I recreate my neighborhood... xDDD
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#529 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 2:08 AM
New sims from a brand new neighborhood. I just love making females and I have a hard time getting around to the males

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#530 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 10:46 PM
Checking some things in Service Area to get it ready. (Although there is still some time to finish)
Screenshots
#531 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 8:25 PM

A custom pendant for a collection I'm working on, because I've come to develop a niche for hanging dangly things from my Sims. I combined some royalty-free images to make this, since I wanted a pendant in this shape but couldn't find any online.

A custom top decal. The palm trees are from another royalty-free image.
Screenshots
Instructor
#532 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 12:48 PM
This is what I started on yesterday, before I got a migraine: simlish fan t-shirts for fictional bands. I like at least a few fictional bands for my sims to follow, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have music trends of their own. I have a question about the last one, actually, for anyone who might know. I found the sim portrait on that one on a site called png-egg.com. Who does the sim belong to? I have a feeling the pic might have ended up on that site without the creator's knowledge.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#533 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 6:10 PM
This. It seems to work in testing on my laptop and is making me very happy:

Will have to copy it over to my iMac and run it on my real Downloads folder.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#534 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 3:51 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Jul 2023 at 4:15 PM.
Been fixing a lot of old stuff in my downloads lately, and also poking at some old sets.

This one I decided to update with some additional textures and such (burnt cookies, some random recolors, plus adding shadows - not too visible on some of the meshes, but they're there). Thought about a decorated version of the brightest/doughy version too (either as sugar cookies, or a type that's more common where I live - those aren't commonly decorated in the same way).

Mad Poster
#535 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 10:32 PM
Been building a house for the Greenmans; I like the tree in the main room, but it made it hard to see what was going on, and there were other things. I've noticed that from the 2nd floor you can't see objects on the 1st floor, you can see Sims, eating at an invisible table...now I see that the tree can only be seen from the first floor. Trying to see the floor as it passes through the second or third floor...can't be done -? I had to take a pic from hood view to see the tree!
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#536 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 10:57 PM
Maybe you have object hiding on?
Forum Resident
#537 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 2:11 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 25th Jul 2023 at 2:52 AM.
Or maybe it's a Hood Deco tree? They play hide-and-seek when you're actually in the lot.

What I've been up to? Nothing as dramatic - building a K9 Training Center for some of the Large Dog strays roaming the neighborhoods. I used joandsara's Miniservice police station as a base, doubled the lot size front-to-back, and put in four kennels and a run/training area. Since it's considered "Residential", I made a K9 officer to be in charge of it - he can't be a "real" cop, as he has to be onsite all the time, but putting him into the uniform and calling him "Self-employed" will have to suffice. Probably needs a couple more Sim residents.

Here's what it looks like so far:
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#538 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 3:43 AM
Update: I made some minor changes, like changing the interior fencing to Typhoon Chain with matching gates. This fits better with pet fencing. (Also, I pulled in one of my Townie Sims with a high Animals rating to keep Frederick company - they're getting along splendidly so far, including all four dogs.)
Mad Poster
#539 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Maybe you have object hiding on?

Don't know what object hiding is. And no, it's not a hood tree, it is a custom LOT tree.

Mad Poster
#540 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 5:12 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Jul 2023 at 5:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Don't know what object hiding is. And no, it's not a hood tree, it is a custom LOT tree.

It's a setting in the ingame graphics. It's either on or off. It hides or shows items on the lower floors, so if you've put the tree inside the house, and object hiding is on, it's likely the tree gets hidden when you go to higher floors. This looks like it could be your problem, so you'll most likely want to change the setting. Just be warned that this setting is heavier for the game to render.

Trees also have a second type of object hiding called fade distance, decided by camera settings. If you get close to the objects with fade (trees, stairs...), they'll seem to disappear - but if you use TAB mode, they usually come back into view as long as the TAB camera is active. If you have any issues with this, you can get a camera mod with a fade distance that lets you get closer to items.
Mad Poster
#541 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 11:08 PM
Thanks simmer22; about fade distance - that big tree still blocks views so I would like to make it fade --if that's what you're talking about. Setting now is OFF, and changing it didn't do anything.

Mad Poster
#542 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thanks simmer22; about fade distance - that big tree still blocks views so I would like to make it fade --if that's what you're talking about. Setting now is OFF, and changing it didn't do anything.

If it doesn't already fade, then it either doesn't have fade (is it a custom tree? Almost looks that way) or you already have a camera mod that removes the fade.

Have you tried turning on and then off the object hiding, and also make sure to do "apply changes" (you get a 15 second "do you want to keep these changes" warning)? Could just be the changes need triggering. The object hiding also isn't visible if you're on the first floor, so make sure you go to the second or third floor before you change the setting, so you see if there is a change.
Mad Poster
#543 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If it doesn't already fade, then it either doesn't have fade (is it a custom tree? Almost looks that way) or you already have a camera mod that removes the fade.

Have you tried turning on and then off the object hiding, and also make sure to do "apply changes" (you get a 15 second "do you want to keep these changes" warning)? Could just be the changes need triggering. The object hiding also isn't visible if you're on the first floor, so make sure you go to the second or third floor before you change the setting, so you see if there is a change.

Yes, it is a custom tree.

Forum Resident
#544 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 3:16 AM
Default Update on previous project
The completed Bluewater K-9 Training Center, with residents.

Human inhabitants are K-9 officers Marisa Pendleton and Frederick Goodwin - there is room for expansion of staff if I find it necessary.
I didn't make too many changes to the interior, except that the former "jail cell" on the first floor is now the duty officer's bunk.
The resident dogs are Benny, an Australian Shepherd; Scout, a Rottweiler; Darla, a Kerry Blue terrier; and Astra, a Keeshond.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#545 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
The completed Bluewater K-9 Training Center, with residents.

Thanks for the link, love seeing how people use my lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#546 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 10:47 PM
This is my version of the Cheers bar, which I'm showing for @esouths to see after they showed their brilliant version in Sims 3 here.

This bar is in a neighbourhood I am playing with my daughter; it's mostly vanilla so everything you see here is in the UC. I took some liberties with the floorplan, making it more spacious; and it's a ground level room instead of a basement. Also, there's no upstairs- I have the restaurant food served in the bar, so where the stairs were is the podium to order food, and the kitchen is where that broom cupboard was that was so spooky! Also the bar is at the same level as the front door, I was thinking of ease of play foremost over accuracy! There is a car park and a basketball hoop at the back that didn't exist in the show, and Sam has a bathroom of his own.

Inventor
#547 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 6:37 AM
@simsample

You almost had me thinking this was good till I saw the Jersey in the frame. It's got pinstripes. That would not be hanging in a Boston based bar eva. Especially not the Cheers Bar.
Lab Assistant
#548 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This is my version of the Cheers bar, which I'm showing for @esouths to see after they showed their brilliant version in Sims 3 here.

This bar is in a neighbourhood I am playing with my daughter; it's mostly vanilla so everything you see here is in the UC. I took some liberties with the floorplan, making it more spacious; and it's a ground level room instead of a basement. Also, there's no upstairs- I have the restaurant food served in the bar, so where the stairs were is the podium to order food, and the kitchen is where that broom cupboard was that was so spooky! Also the bar is at the same level as the front door, I was thinking of ease of play foremost over accuracy! There is a car park and a basketball hoop at the back that didn't exist in the show, and Sam has a bathroom of his own.

Nice. Your wall placement on the right side is probably more accurate than mine. I couldn't figure out the bathrooms and office placement, and the angle in the pool room. I also think the floor in the main part is like tiles or something, but I made it wood instead. It's cool that you made it a restaurant and an ownable OFB lot. I don't think that's possible in TS3 afaik (can a sim be a mixologist if they own the lot in TS3? I'm not sure)
Next, I'm going to make Frasier, Lilith, Freddie, Niles, Daphne, and Martin. I think xD. I made a house that has a layout similar to Frasier and Lilith's apartment in Cheers ( In TS3)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#549 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
You almost had me thinking this was good till I saw the Jersey in the frame. It's got pinstripes. That would not be hanging in a Boston based bar eva. Especially not the Cheers Bar.

I know, but this is just what we have to work with when we have no CC! I don't think the sims in my neighbourhood have heard of Boston or the USA, anyway...

Quote: Originally posted by esouths
I also think the floor in the main part is like tiles or something, but I made it wood instead. It's cool that you made it a restaurant and an ownable OFB lot. I don't think that's possible in TS3 afaik (can a sim be a mixologist if they own the lot in TS3? I'm not sure)
Next, I'm going to make Frasier, Lilith, Freddie, Niles, Daphne, and Martin. I think xD. I made a house that has a layout similar to Frasier and Lilith's apartment in Cheers ( In TS3)

Yes, the mixologist in Sims 3 can also serve food, I think. I don't think there are any sit down restaurants in Sims 3 though, just the outdoor of the rabbithole restaurants. You could always do a rabbithole door into Melville's restaurant, with the sims 'eating outside' in the bar. I have no idea about the floor in cheers, I never payed that much attention! I don't think they showed it much except for maybe by the door where Tecumsah was. But that bit was at the top of those steps, and always confused me because they looked like concrete but sounded like wood! I love your 'Swan' family you showed on the other thread!
Page 22 of 22