Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
There's also a bug that causes incoming phone calls to fail, which is fixed by this mod.

Is that bug still there or did it get fixed in a patch?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:28 AM
It would help to know that because it does sound very strange. I got all my EP's patched and have the AL patch ready to install as well.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:40 AM
The AL patch takes care of most things, and a lot of bugs that people had were either pre-patch or where because they have M&G without AL, that will give bugs.

I had a novelist who lived in an apartment-she was able to get her money without any issues and I do not have that mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:41 AM
Parenting skill came with Freetime although the other special skills are AL.

Elevators came with OFB.

Floor dividers came with Pets.

I *think* jump rope came with Free Time?

I forgot about the helicopter. I thought that was earlier.

Rent is pretty high, there are mods which change this. Unlike real life sims get their deposit back when they move out I like Pescado's rent changes but I wish his deposit was around 5% or 10% of what it is. I haven't been able to figure out how to lower it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:19 AM
AL has some pretty stuff in buy and build.

As for the social groups (I like them) - they bring new greetings (can be used without them too)
High Five for the jocks
Earthy hug for art lovers
Fake out for the techs
Tough handshake for the gearheads
Kiss Kiss Darling for the socialites

I don't really play apartments, but I do like the other features. It brings the break dancer? As well as classic dance, ups the money for households with more than 1 Sim, toddlers can huggle each other and then there is the human statue too
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:14 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd May 2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar
You also get bookshelf-door. Pretty fun though for creating secret liars.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:28 AM
The special greetings work extreamly well on headmasters-if you like playing that scenario. You have to line up 8 and do them first, no other greeting. They are also always always accepted, even by a sim who is an enemy. Useful for breaking the ice with difficult sims who your sim is having a bad conversation with.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#33 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:37 PM
There are a couple of Chris Hatch interactions that work real well with the headmaster too

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#34 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:01 PM
AL introduced shelves that hang on a wall and can be used to hold small objects. It's not a very big feature, but it can be quite handy.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Parenting skill came with Freetime although the other special skills are AL.

Elevators came with OFB.

Floor dividers came with Pets.

I *think* jump rope came with Free Time?

I forgot about the helicopter. I thought that was earlier.

Rent is pretty high, there are mods which change this. Unlike real life sims get their deposit back when they move out I like Pescado's rent changes but I wish his deposit was around 5% or 10% of what it is. I haven't been able to figure out how to lower it.

One elevator came with AL too.

Nope. Jumping rope didn't came with FT. It is AL's interaction.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:48 PM
Mansion & Garden Stuff pack will have a few minor hick-ups if AL is not installed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 26th May 2017 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
Good to know marka93.

OK, so did prepare to install yesterday and started the istallation but after the "select language" dialog a warning showed up saying that if I do install AL all the saved game files would be saved in an other format and if I did uninstall AL in the future I would not be able to acces the files. Wait what? I have all the EP's so far and can not recall getting this dialog before. OK, I'm not plan to unistall AL when installed but what's this? If the EP will mess whit my saved game files, what else will it do?
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Goot to know marka93.

OK, so did prepare to install yesterday and started the istallation but after the "select language" dialog a warning showed up saying that if I do install AL all the saved game files would be saved in an other format and if I did uninstall AL in the future I would not be able to acces the files. Wait what? I have all the EP's so far and can not recall getting this dialog before. OK, I'm not plan to unistall AL when installed but what's this? If the EP will mess whit my saved game files, what else will it do?

Under-bolded part: Where did you heard that from? That sounds to be false. You can always create a backup neighborhood copy before installing the AL.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:57 PM
I'm not sitting on my Windows computer right now so I can not double check. But I did get some form of a dialog telling me that files would be changed so I would not be able to acces saved files if I did uninstall later. Maybe it was the file created whit AL and not the old ones but still. Anyway, it's the first time I do get this dialog during istallation. So I did abort.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 26th May 2017 at 7:44 PM
You get that dialog whenever you install an EP/SP with a higher game engine than your current one. Perhaps you didn't install your previous games in order, so that you had a higher game engine early on and therefore didn't get it much?

Most EPs add new features that get written in to the houses and Sims. For example, Sims played with Freetime are assigned hobby-related stuff. If you were to remove Freetime and try to play them again, the game would no longer know what to make of the hobby-related parts and it would crash. Any EP made after that has been coded with understanding of previous EPs, and can therefore handle it even if the EP isn't installed. You won't get the functions themselves if the EP is missing, but it won't cause crashing. We can make things backwards-compatible, but not forwards-compatible.

That's why the dialog is there, to warn you that going forward you will be updating your user files to a format the earlier games can't handle, to give you a chance to make a backup first in case you aren't sure about keeping the EP.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th May 2017 at 8:47 PM
Thanks gummilutt, now I think I understand. OK, everythings fine then. Yes, I did bach up the sims 2 folder (on 2 different places) before the aborted "install". I do not know the order of the EP's being relesed and just install them in some random order. I.E. I think I had FT before Pets and BV. Oh well, AL seems to be EP8 so it's must be the latest of them and in that case it make sense.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:46 PM
Freetime is EP 7, only AL and M&G are later game engines than that, so if you had Freetime early on that explains why you might not have seen it before

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 2 of 2