Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:58 PM
1. I only play in Pleasantview since some years back, and I only play with one... line of ancestry, I guess you could say? So in a sense, even though I have a lot of households I play in, it's sort of a connected "story" of sorts. That said, I don't really look in a wider scope. I don't really think about the hood at large. I like having my sims build relationships and connections throughout the hood, but my focus is on the sim I'm currently playing. It sounds cheesy, but my way of playing could basically be summed up with "each sim is their own story". I'm not saying that isn't the case for more hood-oriented players, but my focus is on the individuals, and based on where I want to take their stories, and where they want to take them themselves, I let the chips fall as they may.
2. Yes and no. I've never really paid attention the hoods as a whole, I mostly filled them up without various types of households but never really did anything with them in the end.
3. I don't really do anything.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:58 AM
Interesting question. I think I try to create some unique story for each household. I would like to find some way to tie all these personal stories to some global/ hood storyline.

However, it is quite difficult to achieve this since sims are in a constant state of flux. I don't know if you guys would agree with me here, but sometimes you try to steer your sims in a particular direction, but you find that your sims steer you instead. That is, at a certain stage during a Sim's life you have particular goals for the sim, for instance - you could decide that you want Sim A falls in love with Sim B, but then when both Sim A and B become adults you find that they have no chemistry and then decide to change the plan.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think the only way to tie all sims to some global story line is to ensure that the global story line develops at the same rate at which your sim community develops. I don't know if I'm phrasing that properly.
Page 2 of 2