Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#8676 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 10:26 PM
Norfair and Brinstar Smith got settled in their new home, the old Curious house. Brinstar had the day off and is a romance sim who didn't have much, or any, romantic experience so I decided to let him ask someone on a date. Cappuchino Neighbour was the best option as they had good chemistry and a decent relationship score, so Brinstar called him over.
Then, just as I was about to click something, a chance card for Norfair appeared and my clicking registered as choosing an option which resulted in him losing his detective's license i.e getting fired. I gave him his job back with the Sim blender since I didn't have a fair chance to even read the card, but nevertheless Norfair came home in a bad mood and desperate to socialize. Fortunately neither Brinstar nor Cappuchino minded him hanging around during their date, Norfair and Cappuchino even randomly hugged at one point despite them not knowing each other that well, and the date was a success. Brinstar also finally became friends with his older brother Sugarpie, who he's been wanting to befriend.
The following day both Norfair and Brinstar had work. The morning started off with them hanging out in Brinstar's room. They had a conversation that turned sour, but immediately after it, Brinstar who was the one who had started the disagreement gave Norfair a hug, and in the same vein one of them appreciated the other right after having reacted negatively to a dirty joke. They're so jovial, Brinstar even had a little smile on his face trying to shoo his twin out of the bathroom while the latter was just standing there laughing at a silly decoration.

Their brother Sugarpie Caliente went to hang out at the music & dance hobby lot. He joined the dancing competition but the hobby instructor won. There were three downtownies who caught his fancy: Mr. Big, and two guys called Téodor and Christopher, and he rolled wants to date all three of them. Mr. Big is straight and involved with The Diva though, but he had a good talk with Téodor, and as for Christopher he cut straight to the chase and gave him a peck on the mouth. Sugarpie wished for beauty from the genie once and it got stuck permanently, so now everyone who likes guys is all over him.
Back at home, the toilet needed clogging and the plants tending. A guy called Armando walked by and Sugarpie thought if he gave him some attention he might be willing to help him out. He couldn't talk Armando into doing his chores for him, but Sugarpie turned out to find him very attractive, so after some playing catch he asked him on a date and took him to the Strangetown pub.
The day after that he called over Christopher for a date at his place. He had to decline a second date with Armando, as well as an outing with Téodor.The date with Christopher consisted mostly of them dancing with each other. I don't think I've ever seen two sims dance non-stop for such a long time, at least not when it's not the smustle. Then things got awkward because even though the first interaction they ever had was Sugarpie kissing him, and he had just been kissing him up the arm and such, apparently Christopher drew the line at getting stroked on the cheek. But the date still ended well, because Christopher was just so honoured to get to unclog Sugarpie's toilet, and then he went outside and started trimming the bushes while he was at it. Which also kept him busy so that Sugarpie couldn't argue with him as he tried to do.
During the two dates, Sugarpie rolled fears of falling out of love with two of his lovers, and a want to marry a third. One could argue that unless he earnestly intends to have multiple partners, he should probably decide who he wants to take it further with instead of adding more and more romances to the list, though I do wanna see how he gets on with Téodor, too.

Honeybunch Caliente, Sugarpie's twin brother, had just come home and was standing outside his house when Andreas Tinker walked by. Honeybunch is a social guy so he invited him in, and then I noticed there were roaches, so I was just about to direct Honeybunch to spray them when Andreas started spraying them on his own accord. He even got a bunch on the road that I had missed. So then there was nothing for Honeybunch to do but cook some Crêpes Suzette to show his gratitude, and now the two are close to being friends.
The next day he had a date at one of the Downtown parks with a downtownie named Alex. Ripp Grunt showed up at the park too, and when Alex was busy playing chess with another visitor, Ripp gave Honeybunch a kiss and a squeeze which made them fall in love. Alex didn't notice anything, and neither did Mrs Crumplebottom. She did catch Alex and Honeybunch kissing though, and really let Alex have it. As for Honeybunch, perhaps she remembers the stand-off the two once had, when she kept yelling at him for being in his swimwear, while he just as stubbornly rolled his eyes and refused to change. After a brief break at home, Honeybunch went out again. He had the want to invite someone on an outing, and Alex just so happened to be at the same place so he could ask him. His best friend Tessa Ramirez was there too, but she was lost to the world playing poker with Mrs Crumplebottom.
The next day, Honeybunch went to another Downtown park and played Mishuno with Lazlo Curious and some townies. In the evening, he went to the karaoke bar, and who were there if not Sugarpie's dates, Armando and Christopher. Turns out Honeybunch has chemistry with them both as well, so he sat down and had a drink with Christopher. He's got no reason to know Sugarpie's been seeing him after all, and Christopher probably doesn't know Sugarpie and Honeybunch are related. From his perspective, he just happened to run into two pale, freckled, cheekboney guys with unusually sweet names in the span of two days.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8677 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 16th Mar 2024 at 12:08 AM.
For the most part I like to keep my families small when I've been playing lately because I have over 30 households already. But Margot and Elijah Harris are clearly trying to get first place when it comes to how many children they can have. They got started pretty young since their first child, Matthew was born when they were young teenagers. They got married (with parent's approval of course) and moved into Elijah's house with his mother Sakura. Soon after Matthew was born came Madison, and not too long after Madison came the twins, Aubrey and Casey. They were born back to back that they're all currently teens and the kids at school ask them if they're quadruplets.

The night after Aubrey and Casey's birthday party, Margot woke up in the middle of the night with a pregnant belly! I could have sworn that after the twins were born I "got her tubes tied" so I'll have to check her settings when I play them again. But also they're both family sims so it fits "the vibes" as the kids say. Miracles do happen

For the most part Sakura's high paying job (aka her criminal career) supports everyone at the moment. Once she passes, Margot's crappy music store clerk job and Elijah's mime job wont do much to help with the bills. Elijah went to culinary school but is having a really tough time finding an opening in the paper. Perhaps Margot I should have Margot find a job as a nanny instead since she has a lot of childcare experience. Of course now that the kids are all teenagers they can find a job as well to to help pitch in but until then they'll continue to live comfortable lives that their grandma's criminal career funds.

I'm so excited to see what baby number 5(+) will look like! (those quads are still lurking around the corner so now I'm really shaking, that would be my luck!) Maybe one of the kids will finally have Margot's blonde hair. They all have Elijah's brown hair, and except for one, have his light skin and blue eyes as well. Little Aubrey was named after her grandmother because she looks just like her, with the brown hair, darker skin tone and brown eyes. Please no quads, please no quads.
-----------------------
I went and finished playing the last two days of the Milad/Williams household before I forgot. Adam III Williams, Mavis and their son Adam VI recently converted to the local church. Mavis' parents Jason and Kessi Milad are also thinking of joining now that Adam and Mavis have been talking so positively about it. With Mavis' younger brother Emette finally off at Sim State for college, she can take advantage of the time she'll have with her parents and try to convince them to convert. They wouldn't be able to give birth to alien spawn at their age but they can be a part of it in other ways.

Mavis' LTW is to become cult leader so the more people she has behind her the better. The current cult leader is getting older and her heir is still pretty young so Mavis thinks she has a chance to take her place, even as a new convert. (Talk about aiming for the stars )

Adam almost died while trying to repair their laptop. He survived the initial shock but then a fire broke out and he ended up surviving shockingly. No pun intended, its just that he was in a very tiny office and then it seemed like he got stuck between the desk, chair and the treadmill behind him so I thought for sure the flames were going engulf him. That would have been sad since I think Mavis might be pregnant with baby number two since her motives were awfully low.

Emette left his family home and has officially started his young adult life at Sim State. He'll be majoring in art since his LTW is to get to the top of the slacker career. He joined the other group of students at the Plaza dormitory. His sister was quick to turn his room into the "prayer room" as soon as he left. She wanted to make a big impression on her in laws which also happen to be their official church leaders.
Mad Poster
#8678 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 17th Mar 2024 at 8:32 PM.
It's so difficult to make British-esque houses in Sims. Even the smallest lot size I managed to make into 3 terraced houses and a shop (which sadly isn't functional) My detached houses have such large gardens with so much space I don't know what to even do with them all!

Edit: For all your viewing pleasure! As I said in another thread, I can't seem to take pics in this neighbourhood... so I plopped down a few of the lots in my test hood. This is what I've been working on the past few weeks.

16,18,20 & 22 Shovell Road

40,42,44,48 Shovell Road

Block 1, Shovell Court.
(There are 4 blocks in the actual neighbourhood)

351, 353, 355 Tudor Drive, and Michelle's Bakery

63 & 65 Mornington Lane

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#8679 Old Today at 5:41 AM
Back to the Askew twins and their friends in the party house, I decided to introduce Yeet Yolo and Miles Xerxes as more love interests for Claire to satisfy her LTW, and family friends for the needed promotions.

She was interested in Yeet first. But no, the stupid taxi glitch caused her to stand him up, and then she got to the lot to be greeted by the pink flashing bug for the first time. First of all, I got the texture memory fix working, testing with my Sim-self. Next, SimPE to the rescue to restore the relationship. Went to do the do-over from his side, he stands her up this time, but she's at least there at the venue and I made her selectable to smooth this over between the two. The intended date lot (and lot that caused the pink flashing) was the bistro and bar from the Magnolia Promenade 4t2 recreation. He had the idea to buy her a burger and win her over with karaoke, and she even shooed someone else off the machine to hear him. Of course he blows it and she was booing him. A point of Creativity is his consolation prize. I started getting more little bits of pink flashing, so back home he went.

Yeet blowing it with Claire screwed Lily out of the family friend requirement for her promotion, so he'll have to befriend another member of the party house or they'll both be screwed. Worse comes to worst, I'll have to age my Sim-self down and join the cast. Would that be dangerous if I had already upgraded me to post-University with the Bat-box?

Meanwhile, James is with Lily (not meant to be a Harry Potter reference) in my TS3 world, but he's showing interest in both her and Tori here.

I found the mod to fix the date timer bug after the session.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Page 348 of 348