Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 11:52 PM
This post is not quiet 9 years old. It was good for when it was started. However, I think due to Marka havin "retired" from Sims 2 and some of the given links are now broken (closed site such as simbology), we might need a new updated post.

I started playin Sims 2 a few years after it came out, maybe around the time OFB or Pets was released. Having played that long and have downloaded so many mods and CC (that some I still have never used, but that's another story) it is actually only just now that I realized that 2 mods listed above as essential actually conflict with each other, and both are by BO. In theory I should have realized it just by the name, but it just never occurred to me, not even when readin what it did. As someone who's played as long as I have only just seein this and it not stating above is another reason why I think this thread needs to be retired and a new one started.

BTW .. the 2 mods I was speakin of are No Trash Memories and No Met Self. By BO's own words they conflict (how'd I miss that *confused look*)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 9:28 AM
I do think it's time someone else took the torch and revamped this thread.

I can't seem to find the specific thread, but I remember someone creating a thread on Pescado's ALFixes and how they weren't all that necessary?

We really need a more up-to-date thread.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Theorist
#53 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 11:51 AM
Reviewing the posts in this thread and knowing what corruption is and what it's not, this thread and any of its derivatives may be named "Fixes and small mods you didn't know you needed/wanted!"

There are many mods listed here, but they all come down to: Pescado's director's cut, BoilingOil, and the others. The others can be broken down to character generation suppressors, and the others-others.

I've found k6ka's TS2's recommended DLC list to be "better," whatever that word may mean, and definitely more organized and nicer to the eyes than the OP's post. We definitely part ways on what I consider a must-have and what they do, but it says right there that the list consists of their own, personal picks of mods. Whenever I'm starting anew, I use it as a sort of cheat sheet to remind myself what mods I really don't want to be playing without, instead of trying to name them and look for them from the top of my head.
Page 3 of 3