Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:29 PM
Default Witches Making Money off of Thrones
Do you ever have your witches just make money at home by crafting thrones of light or claw of darkness thrones, and then selling them in buy mode? They can make some pretty easy money - more than they would make by painting or crafting. Plus, if they already have a throne of their alignment, they can use it to recharge when their motives get too low. Pretty easy money, I think.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Yes, I had a family of magicians do just that. I wasn't sure if there was another way to make money through magic because I never played the witches long enough to learn everything they could do. In Sims 1 there was a spell that would spill gold coins and treasure chests all around your Sim's property.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:59 AM
Wow I learn something new about witches everyday. I had no idea they could make their own thrones. The next time the Goths come up in rotation I'll have to try this out. I turned Cassandra into a witch. I think it suits her.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:42 AM
@Bwinney43 - Thrones are just one of the items that witches can make. They might have to achieve a certain level in their witchcraft first. The lights they can make are almost elfish and quite beautiful. The thrones aren't really all that exciting, although the evil witch's throne is slightly better.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:08 AM
Pretty sure you can open a business as well and sell them that way too, not sure if it prices the same depending on how you make it. Make it on a community lot and force the other households to buy it, haha then you will have more (I think, I am not sure if the money is added to that Sim's business lot if you are playing another family, and you got to make sure you make enough as they will run out)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM
You can also have them make and sell reagents--magic dust, etc.--and the potions that cure vampirism and lycanthropy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
That would be so awesome! Might have the Curious girls give their daddies some free stuff though, like thrones of light. They might not look as exciting as advertised, but they do the trick... in my college rental lot, all the new arrivals have knowledge as either a primary or secondary aspiration, and once they become witches/warlocks, they never even need to sleep.

Might see if there's a way to make some kind of 'charm of acceptance' that, when put in the inventory of a non-knowledge sim, will prevent him or her from rolling any cure wants, and would make fear of becoming a witch extremely rare. It might even make the sim roll a want to become a witch/warlock, but that would be rare, and in addition, this charm would make the non-knowledge sim fear other witches being cured from time to time, because being a witch, especially a good one, is so awesome because you can do so many neat things and even make do without a bed - just make your own combination bed/friend/buffet table/toilet/shower and you can read and study 'till the cows come home - or the carpool arrives.

Edit:

Plus, when Lyta first moved onto her new home lot, I had her make lots of thrones so she would have more money. The result: before her first day of work, she was able to add a second floor to her house, and make more beautiful magic lights and other things, and fulfill her buy-stuff wants. Oh if only real life was this easy heheheh.
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:31 AM
Too bad Sims can't use the thrones to sit at the computer. I'd be making them write novels 24/7. :P
Theorist
#9 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:58 PM
Nice idea about selling thrones!

Withes are super sims to run a business, too, because they can do unlimited dazzles. Normally you can do only a few until energy is depleted, but if a witch recharges on her throne in the middle of workday, she can do twice more dazzles than usual sims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
True! Might need to make a special mod where the witch or warlock would be able to craft scootable chairs and other types of furniture, because come one, they should be able to have more stuff to redecorate with, right? Will need to learn how to do that though, and have quite a few debuggers. At least with thrones of light, witches have a big advantage in businesses, because they're less likely to end up as gold ghosts with megaphones after a Rally Forth gone wrong. So anyways, I seriously doubt that I'd ever give a non-witch business owner the Rally Forth perk.

Any ideas for more craftable witch items, like chairs, sofas, loveseats, tables, beds, etc.? They need to be able to craft more matching furniture and sculptures. Little Miss Wendalyn is just not enough. And special keepsakes like a Charm of Acceptance that I mentioned before would be crafted in the cauldron as well, and it could be carried in the inventory or used as a decoration on a surface.
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Any ideas for more craftable witch items, like chairs, sofas, loveseats, tables, beds, etc.? They need to be able to craft more matching furniture and sculptures. Little Miss Wendalyn is just not enough.

Are you writing a mod? Otherwise I'm not sure how they can craft anything else than what they normally can.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:48 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 8th Mar 2012 at 4:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Are you writing a mod? Otherwise I'm not sure how they can craft anything else than what they normally can.

I'm not currently writing one, but I'm working on ideas, since I have never programmed in SimPE before. I've just seen other types of mods, including one that has objects in one's inventory have them behave like different social group sims even after they move in. I was thinking that it could also manipulate the particular sim's want/fear rolling.

Here are some ideas I have for craftable mods:

- Two beds geared toward different alignments that will raise motives and make trying for babies more successful, and perhaps even make twins more likely. Not sure on good names for them, but the good ones could be silver, gold, lavender or blue with some sparklies and sheets and pillows with star patterns on them. The evil ones would be black with dark purple sheets and green gemstones, and perhaps some gargoyle faces.

- Mirrors which they can use to get rid of zits and give themselves magical plastic surgery, as well as raise the environment scores, possibly for either alignment. They might also have a feature which would allow the appropriately aligned or neutral witch using them to see whether or not a sim they know is busy, and how that sim feels about them. The good mirrors would be silver and the evil ones would be black and green.

- Hot springs which would act as 'love tubs' to the right alignment and protect them and all mundanes using them from being struck by lightning. Good alignment hot springs would be surrounded by shimmering silver, blue, bluegreen and lavender rocks while evil hot springs would have glowing green rocks.

- Dining chairs which would give a slight increase in motives every so often but would mean that witches of appropriate alignments could use them to study or write novels/term papers etc. for a longer period of time without worrying so much about lowering their motives. They would look somewhat like mini thrones of light or claws of darkness, but the good ones would look fancier than their larger counterparts, perhaps with gold or silver frames.

- Crystal tables with silver borders for good witches, green tables with black borders for evil witches, which do nothing but look cool and perhaps add some environment score - possibly some end table, desk and dresser equivalents just so witches can have some matching decor.

- More sculptures - ones that aren't so cutsey-looking, like unicorns or gargoyles depending on alignment, and in different sizes. Unicorns, white lions and cats with shimmering silver or aquamarine eyes for good witches, dragons and ginger cats for the neutural alignment(though like with the Miss Wendalyn sculpture, either alignment can make them), and black cats, manticores and gargoyles with glowing red eyes for evil witches - give some environmental boosts for everyone.

- Sofas, loveseats and recliners that will possibly raise motives or at least environment and comfort, and again give the witches more matching furniture, because EAxis often doesn't give us enough pretty furniture or clothes.

- Witch Maternity/Manternity, with some customization options, because robes should be able to accommodate the baby bump, dangit!
Theorist
#13 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:08 PM
These are very nice ideas, I especially like the mirror which tells your sim how other sims feel about her. I'd love for an evil witch's hottub to be the one where lighting always strikes, it would be fun to torture lot visitors

But in all honesty, I'd love new spells even more! Playing witches gets sort of stale in a while. And high level spells are so problematic. I had a good witch with a spell to save others from death, and it never worked. I reloaded about 20 times when anther sim was dying, but to no avail, it kept failing. I know that there's a chance of failure for the highest level spells, but that default chance is obviously too high.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
Was the sim dying of old age? Either way, I try to avoid getting them into any dangerous situations that would involve things like lightning strikes and fires, and I make sure to monitor hunger and energy, as those should never be allowed to get too low at the same time. And it's best to not let any non-witch business owner do Rally Forth, and no sim that isn't either very good at mechanical stuff, a plantsim or a servo should do repairs on electronics.

As for torturing lot visitors, I'd only want to torture specific ones... ones that REALLY piss me off by vandalizing my place or invading and insulting my sims(like the evil mascot).

But anyway, the thing I would like to make the most is the Charm of Acceptance, because then there would be fewer aspiration failures in a magical neighbourhood, and fewer Durwoods.
Theorist
#15 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 3:54 AM
Yes, the sim was dying from old age. So in such cases they can't be saved? Darn it never occured to me.

Voodoo Doll has a function that can make a sim your friend, and there's a hack that prevents it from failure. Although a voodoo doll doesn't look like a charm of acceptance by any means. I remember that there's a spell that compels other sims to always accept 3 interactions regardless of their relationship scores.

I've never even risked Rally Forth, is it really so helpful? Other perks in that line, like "perk up", didn't impress me at all, that one in particular was of a too short duration and I didn't see another sim gain anything substantial from it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:19 AM
Yes, the sim was dying from old age. So in such cases they can't be saved? Darn it never occured to me.

Voodoo Doll has a function that can make a sim your friend, and there's a hack that prevents it from failure. Although a voodoo doll doesn't look like a charm of acceptance by any means. I remember that there's a spell that compels other sims to always accept 3 interactions regardless of their relationship scores.

I've never even risked Rally Forth, is it really so helpful? Other perks in that line, like "perk up", didn't impress me at all, that one in particular was of a too short duration and I didn't see another sim gain anything substantial from it.

Yup, when a sim is dying of old age, you can't even plead for his/her life. You'd probably hafta use the resurrectonomitron - just make sure it's not before six in the evening though.

And the spell that makes people accept interactions makes them accept the next five, from what I read. Seems more suited for neutral, as does Tabula Rasa, which erases memories. I mean, it could be used to erase bad memories like 'became enemies with sim' or 'child/pet got taken away' or even memories of growing up badly, going on academic probation, getting expelled, or never having gone to college. It could be good or bad, but it's stuck in evil alignment. There should be a mod to override that and make certain spells neutral. And for pete's sakes, the one that makes people act like a chicken should also probably be neutral at the very least and be treated as a prank - friends who become victims of this witchy prank could probably laugh and then turn around and ventrillo-fart or joy-buzz, etc. the caster.
Theorist
#17 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:20 AM
Ah, so the spell won't work, in that case good spells are mostly unnecessary, without the spell to chase death away. There are spells good for earning promotions quickly, I don't remember the name but there's a spell that sets all motives higher than they were. Cast it 2-3 times, and all motives are filled up. Another is the spell to stop time. If I remember correctly, both are neutral.

Among evil spells, Tabula Rasa is nice indeed, although I used it only once. It doesn't seem to delete relationship scores between sims, although it deletes them from the relationship panel. I struggle to find a creative use for this spell, though. When I used it, the story demanded for the baby to lose memories once grown up.

Overall, spells aren't very interesting or useful, imho.

I like your idea about the chicken spell

That reminds me that I saw a mod somewhere that installed new spells, but it's hard to remember where. It was on a paysite for sure, I found it on some booty site but never tested it. Maybe it's something that you will like, though. It added new spells, as long as new books and some paraphernalia, if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to remember what site it was or what booty site it was and post a link here if I manage to remember or find it.

Another spell that always fails for me is a good spell that's supposed to cure a sim from flu. No matter how many times I tried, at first it sort of works and then I immediately get a message that a sim caught a cold or something alike. I gave up on it, although at first I envisioned good witches being healers, but a healer who cannot heal is quite a sight.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:19 PM
Oh thank you - was it Pandorasims or whatever? 'Cause I had gotten some custom spells from the Booty, but if there are more spells... the more, the merrier. Still, I'd love to work with some people with these ideas I have. If anyone is interested in making some want-mods, then I'd love to make some basically tertiary-aspiration charms. These aspirations wouldn't have benefits, but they would make the wants and fears more varied.

The Charm of Acceptance could instead be 'Charm of the Curiosity' and act as a tertiary Knowledge, and those who possess it and are abducted won't cry upon returning.

- Pride: Popularity wants mixed in with primary and secondary aspiration wants

- Love: Tertiary Family

- Avarice: Tertiary Fortune

- Lust: Tertiary Romance - possible interaction with ACR, lowering requirements for acceptance

- Sloth: Tertiary Pleasure

- Gluttony: Tertiary Grilled Cheese

Other charm ideas:

- Wrath: Fury decay takes much longer

- Envy: Sim starts rolling wants to have things that he or she sees, or even seduce another sim's mate

- Forgiveness: Fury decays more rapidly

- Charity: Sim is more likely to roll wants to give gifts

You like these ideas?
Theorist
#19 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:40 AM
Yes, that was pandorasims site. Well, unfortunately, I'm no good at modding, the span of knowledge is limited to careers, which are easy to create, so I can't help you there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:11 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 12th Mar 2012 at 6:46 AM.
Yes, that was pandorasims site. Well, unfortunately, I'm no good at modding, the span of knowledge is limited to careers, which are easy to create, so I can't help you there.

Ah ok, 'cause I got those spells and they can be pretty cool. Even just some more options for furniture would be nice though, to make some matching stuff for a good, evil or neutral witch house.

Edit: Also, been thinking about the whole lack of realism where only knowledge sims would want to become different creatures. If it was like that in real life, Twilight wouldn't be as big, and we wouldn't have so many fluff-bunnies.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
Miss "Evil Witch Cauldron Mod" here,

I actually do think that witch sims are super awesome for business! I used to have a magical family on my game before I had to move it to another laptop. Sadly, they are no longer there, but I'm hoping to expand them into Good, Neutral, and Evil territories.

Anyways, they ran a magic supply shop for witches or anyone else who are family members of witches. Unfortunately, only cures were craftable. I had to buy the Panacea transformative potions out of the catalogue. That's part of where I got the idea for evil witch craftable potions so that way, evil witches can make a good profit too. (Also, because I got tired of justifying the costs as they could only be made by highly skilled witches. It just wasn't fair for my evil witch sims to not be able to craft more chaotic things.)

I'm the artistic weirdo next door!
Theorist
#22 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:36 AM
What happens to a non-witch who sits on a throne?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
What happens to a non-witch who sits on a throne?

If I recall correctly, nothing really. If a witch of the opposite alignment sits on a throne, their motives will drop to the point where they can die. I had the head evil witch spontaneously commit suicide in this fashion in Hazelton.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
@Bwinney43 - Thrones are just one of the items that witches can make. They might have to achieve a certain level in their witchcraft first. The lights they can make are almost elfish and quite beautiful. The thrones aren't really all that exciting, although the evil witch's throne is slightly better.

How do you get them to make thrones?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
How do you get them to make thrones?

You have to reach a high enough magic skill then you can make it with a cauldron.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 1 of 2