Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen and YA Romance (1.18)

by Shimrod101 Posted 26th Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM - Updated 20th May 2016 at 8:11 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated to 1.18

240 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 128 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 10:48 PM
How is this yours though, when Darkpool already had this out? Just curious. *shrugs*
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kristen.Ariana
How is this yours though, when Darkpool already had this out? Just curious. *shrugs*

Because this is different? This one doesn't have wohoo or try-for-baby, as said in the description, "The teen romance options are the ones available, not the YA options."
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM

Good Question, I'm dying to hear this one. Last I heard copying someone else's hard work and passing it off as yours was... um... STEALING. Just wondering.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:21 AM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 29th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM.
I haven't seen that Darkpool has a mod like this, I've seen the Inteen Incest mods where your adult sims can also click on any random child and it comes up on the top menu "Ask If Single". It was maybe a week or 10 days ago maybe? that I saw those mods. 'Delete them and never look back' is my best advice to anyone who has downloaded such mods.

Edit: Edited above as my personal description of a mod which enables activity I find offensive isn't the relevant point here.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM

This mod is not the same. All of Darkpool's mods centre around teen pregnancy and marriage and include adults and elders. This one has none of that. This mod, as stated, is a LIGHT romance mod and simply allows teens to continue their romance when one of them ages up rather than having to start the romance from scratch again once they are both young adults.

Thanks for this mod!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#31 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM Last edited by leefish : 29th Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM.
Ok, if you believe this mod has been stolen then use the report button and I will investigate. Before you do that though; XML mods work by changing values in one or more particular files; you can only use one variant.

It is perfectly possible for two people to modify the same XML file independently of each other. Given Shimrod's long history of XML modding I am sure he does not need to "steal" anything from someone else. He can easily have the same or a similar idea though.

Final note; allegations of stealing content are taken seriously; please do not claim someone is stealing without evidence to back up your claim.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:16 AM Last edited by BillyRand : 29th Sep 2014 at 11:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by prosaa
Yes... asking your own child if they are single creeped me out a bit.

Put your money where your big stupid mouth is and prove it. I challenge anyone to look through what I did with those tuning files and see if they can find a single child interaction in there. You're all full of shit and you know it.

If anyone (being none the wiser) wants to use this dumbed-down version of my Inteen 4 mod, then go ahead, knock yourself out! However, you can get the real thing here at my blog https://lostaccount.wordpress.com
I'd have appreciated being credited, that's all. Whatever you do, I don't care, so long as you don't make unfounded accusations about the mods I create. Stick to what you know. If you know nothing about my mods, then keep your mouth shut about them. If you want to know about my mods, read my blog, past posts and present, visit my facebook page. The truth, as they say, is out there - and in this case, it's been out there a long long time, long before many of you on here started playing the game.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:10 PM
To start, thanks for the mod. It's basically a dumbed down version of Inteen 4, but I can understand some people being adverse against something that doesn't fit their 'normal' bubble. (teens with adults, even though 16 with 20 is pretty common throughout the world).
I'm not someone with the knowledge to accuse someone of stealing and I know there's been a similar mod like this with Sims 3, so I'm erring on the side of caution and just think that you had the same idea as above poster.

That said, I don't understand the hate against the inteen mods of the above poster. I've been using his mods since way back and NEVER, EVER was there any interactions with children.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:47 PM
I agree with sengir. I don't get the hate either. If you go on the inteen site thing literally one of the first things you see is the creator themselves stating that no it doesn't add romance or anything with children and that they would never do that. I'm pretty sure that person accusing inteen of causing children to get romantic interactions didn't do their research because I recall seeing something like that only it was a problem with the game and the person that experienced it had no mods installed at the time it happened, there's a whole thread somewhere about weird romance stuff happening in the game, which I believe was pre-patch but I could be wrong. But I'm sure it wasn't caused by inteen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:16 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 29th Sep 2014 at 11:37 PM.
The accusation is not unfounded. I don't recall at this precise instant if it was there in Inteen 5, I uninstalled that mod which enables activity which I find offensive immediately after trying it one single playing session. It is certainly there in Inteen 3 which I tried first. If one sets the Pie Menu socializing to the Sims 3 Style, so the Romance, Friendly, Mischief and Funny is showing first, it says right there when my YA sim clicks on any child whatsoever, "Ask If Single", right on the top menu. It is just that simple.

This can be seen by 'Playing the Game' itself, as it were; no one needs to read through 20 or so XML files and find where an alteration was made, to prove anything. It can be seen by anyone who has that mod, you see it right away, every single time, every single child. Just play the game and you will see.

My mod has nothing to do with the Inteen Incest mod, mine is not a dumb-downed version of that mod, it just isn't. It is simply a completely different kettle of fish, which happens to be a "Romance" mod. And here's the thing: Billy Rand does not own some kind of rights to making Romance mods, he owns no copyright or property rights to XML written by the Electronic Arts Corporation; he and I are just two guys who are jerking around EA's property to create some other effect in the game than what one sees in vanilla game.

Billy Rand's attitude that if he is the first modder who makes a Romance mod available, then anyone else who makes an independent (from him) Romance mod at any time thereafter is "stealing" from him, is pathetic. All of these same accusations were thrown from Billy upon at least a couple other modders early on in the Sims 3's history. They were probably made toward twallan also when he created the Woohooer mod.

In this case here, I first heard about the Inteen mod from a normal post in the Sims 4 Discussion forum here at MTS. When I went to check out this mod it was already at version 3. My mod only has 2 XML files inside of it and I already had found these two files before I ever looked at the Inteen mod, I was already testing out mine at that time. And this is just the way it is, this is how it happened. Therefor when I released this mod here, it would never have entered my wildest dreams to even consider giving some kind of "credit" to Billy Rand because he happened to use these same two XML files together with the other junk he has used to make his, IMO, sometimes sickening nauseating effect. (I presume these 2 XML files are in his mod anyway, I haven't gone to look again and don't really recall precisely what's in there.)

Edit: Edited above in two places as my personal characterization of a mod enabling activity which I find offensive is not the relevant point here.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
Thanks for this mod. I like the idea of letting sims have romantic interactions between these two close age groups.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#37 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
OK, last time: use the report button if you think this mod is stolen. With evidence. The same XML file is not evidence; it is how the mod works.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:37 PM
Hello Shimrod! Thank you for your mod!!! this is what I would like to play with in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:49 AM Last edited by leefish : 30th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4553757, 4553756, 4553755, 4553754, 4553753, 4553752, 4553751, 4553750
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:42 AM Last edited by leefish : 1st Oct 2014 at 8:46 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4554844, 4554845
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:22 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM
Thanks for the mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:46 PM
Thank you so much for the mod. It is just the right thing what I wanted in my game. Just a little bit flirting and kissing around between YA and Teens with no choices of sexual contacts.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:23 PM
Unfortunately it did not work for me. =(
Instructor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:18 AM
Anyone know if updates are needed after the 10/1 patch?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:57 AM
I have the patch but I haven't checked all my things yet, I've gotten sidetracked. All of the CASPs in the game have been replaced with new ones, so I presume that CC clothing which has CASP files included will need to be remade.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:05 AM
Thanks, always hated to start over when teen sweethearts grew up at different times. Will wait until you decide if any updating needs to be done, then download.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:09 AM
Thanks for your hard work on this! Your one of the few modders I trust with my games!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:58 AM
This mod I've checked against the new patch and the XML files weren't altered and it works the same as before in game, so doesn't need an update.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
I've been playing with this for a while and I love it, just forgot to say my thanks. :)
Page 2 of 10