Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:07 AM
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:33 AM
dilandauluv5,

There is a server for folks who sign up for the monthly donation plan, along with a few other small perks. If you see the simoleon (however it's spelled) sign under someone's name, that means they joined one of the automated monthly donation plans.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#28 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy

Edit 2: There will be times when I will deliberately ask people to hammer the download servers - this will be a good stress test for them. So be prepared.

I'm quite happy to offer my services.
But i would like the following contract:

1. I use my own lump hammer.
2. I have 55 minute long tea breaks in between work.
3. I will receive 3000000 simoleans per hammer blow.

sorry i couldnt resist being silly.

but thanks for the good news.

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:44 AM
Good luck I know how moody computers can be!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 12:44 PM
Wonderful news Delphy! Thank you and your staff for all the hard work you do for this site. And a big thank you to all the kind donators without which new servers wouldn't have been possible.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 12:59 PM
Excellent! Thanx so much for all that you and yours do for the site. It is the pinnacle that all of the other sites try to copy. I know how hard it is to keep up and how hard it gets when so many are whining - my pet peeve with people that are old enough to know better. Any way we'll be cheering you on this weekend!
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:08 PM
sign me up for dowloads as well Delphy. I have ALOT to download, and yeah...
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:10 PM
Awesome News! Good luck and thanks for all who are working hard to keep MTS2 fabulous!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:06 PM
kortz2000, regarding QX links - no, they wont be turned on during the stress testing since QX uses a seperate server.

auntekay, I'd like to point out that 1) The US is not a true democracy 2) this is a private website and 3) it's a benevolent dictatorship. :P

Edit: I'm still waiting on the second server to be deployed, so no testing today at any rate...

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:23 PM
Now maybe I will actually play the game instead of downloading tons of stuff for it. And thank you!
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:55 PM
Thank you for all the work you put into this site, Delphy. Love the site wide announcement, by the way!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:22 PM
OT:
Quote: Originally posted by jrain
Love the site wide announcement, by the way!

How does it continue though? I was forced to listen to this for at least half an hour not long ago .. thought it would be etched into my brain for life, but now i can't remember it anymore and it's driving me nuts. A woodchuck would chop as much would as a .. something .. could, if .. something something .. ?

help?

(Apologies for possible thread derailment .. but it really does drive me nuts!)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#38 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:31 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? As much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#39 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:36 PM
Thanks! You've just liberated 5% of my brain cells =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#40 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:09 PM
I heard it as 'a woodchuck would chuck as much as he could chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood.'

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Theorist
#41 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:19 PM
How much chuck would a Chuck chuck woud is A woodchuck would chuck would how?
:S Getting confused here :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:21 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Delphy, on the best Sims 2 site there is! <3 <3
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:21 PM
Take your time; we appreciate all the work you do here, Delphy and the MTS2 staff.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:30 PM
Great news.Thank you so much for all that you do.Good luck.

I chase yarn balls,,,,meow.
Scholar
#45 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Mihura : 5th Aug 2007 at 12:02 AM.
Yep, true ! Time, patience, the more we have to wait and the more we will be happy with the achievment. :p

Thank you Delphy and the others, it's a wonderful work to managing this site !

Edit : Near 1 AM, after a little downtime, there is a great amelioration on the downloads (chii server as I have see). Continue the good work please.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajorMercedes
Who would complain? We get two new fileservers. All we have to do is wait a weekend or so. :D

Plus, the intelligent ones will, no doubt, reprimand the "other" ones.

Lol...."the other ones" hehe....I'm so happy that you raised enough money so quickly, it was smart to put the donation link as the bulletin.

"The only stupid question is the question you don't ask."
- Unknown
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 12:55 AM
Cheers for all the effort that's gone into improving things for all of us - much appreciated!!

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I'd like to point out that . . . . . . . 2) this is a private website and 3) it's a benevolent dictatorship. :P

To paraphrase my favourite author - "one man, one vote - he's the man and he's got the vote."
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3chordvalentine
Now maybe I will actually play the game instead of downloading tons of stuff for it. And thank you!

HAHA!! Yeah....I download all this stuff for my sims, and never play the game!

And Delphy, take all the time you need....I gotta get the house clean anyways.

And hey....I know I haven't posted much until now, though I've been a member for like a year, but I'm having a baby!!!

Sorry for the thread jack Delphy....I'm telling everyone, haha. I already have a 2 1/2 year old, and I am 8 weeks pregnant with my second child. YAY!!

The nesting instinct is kicking in early in this pregnancy, lol....I feel like I must clean everything. And organize. And rearrange.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 1:49 AM
when will Q-express be used again?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#50 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 5:59 AM
eirate - when that gets announced. We've been waiting on servers, and I'm not sure if Delphy is going to try and address some of the qx issues before bringing it back or not.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Downtime is long over
Page 2 of 7