Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:19 AM
Fixing underweighted bones
im meshing and im on the part where i have to fix the underweight bones in milkshape and its tellin me i have to many meshes (>128) ....wat should i do i dont want to change my mesh i've worked so hard on it to start over or change anything....pls is there another way to fix this?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:22 AM
Can you give us the exact text of the error? I can't imagine you have over 128 meshes and I've never seen an error that says that...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Can you give us the exact text of the error? I can't imagine you have over 128 meshes and I've never seen an error that says that...

thts wat it says when i click the sims 2 unimesh fix underweighted bones......after i click it a little box comes up sayin "too many meshes (>128)"
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 3:09 PM
So regroup some of those to reduce the group count.
You didn't learn to make meshes with 128 or more groups here.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
So regroup some of those to reduce the group count.
You didn't learn to make meshes with 128 or more groups here.

<* Wes *>

ok so how do it do tht?
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 7:35 AM
Perhaps you should go through the Unimesh body tutorials that are posted here on this site - I'm not sure what you've done with your mesh but if you have over 128 groups... well, I don't know how you did that, but I can't think of any body mesh I'd make that would ever end up with that many groups so... well, I'm kind of wondering if you actually have a workable mesh in there still, or whether there's other problems than just having a crazy amount of groups.

And regrouping is a REALLY basic Milkshape function that's quite well-covered in the Unimesh body tutorials. Go ahead and go through those.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 8:41 AM
Perhaps you should go through the Unimesh body tutorials that are posted here on this site - I'm not sure what you've done with your mesh but if you have over 128 groups... well, I don't know how you did that, but I can't think of any body mesh I'd make that would ever end up with that many groups so... well, I'm kind of wondering if you actually have a workable mesh in there still, or whether there's other problems than just having a crazy amount of groups.

And regrouping is a REALLY basic Milkshape function that's quite well-covered in the Unimesh body tutorials. Go ahead and go through those.

thnxs i figuarded out the problem....it was the accessories i made i used alot of spheres to make them....and i need to regroup them...
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 8:44 AM
Wow, um... what's the poly count on that then?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 3:29 AM
Wow, um... what's the poly count on that then?

um...im not shore...how do u figure tht out?
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 7:25 AM
Select All, and then I usually use "SelPolyCount" under the Tools menu.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:40 AM
Select All, and then I usually use "SelPolyCount" under the Tools menu.

polys: 22216
verticals: 15866
distinct verticals: 10712