Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8251 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
<del>Does anyone know if the Arranged Marriage Arch, made by Marhis and then updated by Inge Jones, still works? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8196.0.html It is quite old, so I'm not overly hopeful.</del>

Never mind tried it out. doesn't even show up anymore.

That's probably because it's for Sims 2.

"Pudding Factory" is the TS3 equivalent of the TS2 "Peasantry" section at MATY. I don't know if Marhis ever made anything for Sims 3.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...board,29.0.html
Advertisement
Scholar
#8252 Old 6th May 2019 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
That's probably because it's for Sims 2.

That is why I put it in the "Stupid Questions" category!
My fault for blindly following a link when looking for a type of mod...not sure why I missed the Sims 2 at top of page.
Thanks.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#8253 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:49 PM
No problem. I'm sure that all of us have done that at least once by now. I know I have.
Scholar
#8254 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:34 PM
I can't remember how to hook two random townies up using Story Progression. I really want Sherman Bagley and Heather Crosby to get together so Ruby can swoop in and see Odin for a while guilt free. Also I encountered the bug where if you don't have a messy breakup, it doesn't count for the Heart Breaker LTW. How would I fix that?
Mad Poster
#8255 Old 11th May 2019 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I can't remember how to hook two random townies up using Story Progression. I really want Sherman Bagley and Heather Crosby to get together so Ruby can swoop in and see Odin for a while guilt free. Also I encountered the bug where if you don't have a messy breakup, it doesn't count for the Heart Breaker LTW. How would I fix that?

Not sure this is what you are looking for, but perhaps SP's Arranged Marriages might help? That stops the two sims in question from seeking romantic partnerships with others unless or until things just don't seem to be working out between them and then the "arrangement" is dropped. (SP Relationship add-on module is required to work with these)

Or, for a more sledgehammer approach (doesn't that sound romantic?), MasterController can be used to just set two sims as romantic partners or undo such a partnership. The commands are under MC > Sim > Intermediate.
Top Secret Researcher
#8256 Old 11th May 2019 at 11:58 PM
Hi @tunafishfish welcome back! And you're a Space Pony!

And @igazor who said romance is dead (when you have a sledgehammer)?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#8257 Old 12th May 2019 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi @tunafishfish welcome back! And you're a Space Pony!

And @igazor who said romance is dead (when you have a sledgehammer)?

Thanks @attuned! I'm sorry I left you in the lurch. Life kind of exploded. I'm a Space Pony!? My kid is gonna be so jealous! Is that like an interstellar pegasus or something?

I eventually went with the sledgehammer. Sherman is too much of a milksop to make his own moves and Heather was too busy trying to make things work "for our dear little miracle."
Scholar
#8258 Old 12th May 2019 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Not sure this is what you are looking for, but perhaps SP's Arranged Marriages might help? That stops the two sims in question from seeking romantic partnerships with others unless or until things just don't seem to be working out between them and then the "arrangement" is dropped. (SP Relationship add-on module is required to work with these)

Or, for a more sledgehammer approach (doesn't that sound romantic?), MasterController can be used to just set two sims as romantic partners or undo such a partnership. The commands are under MC > Sim > Intermediate.

I prefer to think of myself more like cupid. I monkeyed around in MasterController and eventually found the "set relationship" option. I mostly use MC for everyone's favorite game show Ambush Makeover!
Top Secret Researcher
#8259 Old 12th May 2019 at 4:26 PM
Space Pony is probably my favorite rank, and it's one of the shortest in duration.
Scholar
#8260 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:36 PM
This might be a better question for NRAAS forums, but I just downloaded a few new SP modules, is there an auto setup thing? Woohooer has default settings, but right now I'm having a difficult time setting it up so townie sims can do all the things they're supposed to like flirt and go to work and all. Also I was very upset when I suddenly couldn't get any of my active house to flirt with anyone beyond dirty jokes. Now I can finally get my household to flirt, but no one will flirt back!
Top Secret Researcher
#8261 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:48 PM
Anyone else have trouble with the Sims 3 store's "Hypnotizer"? I had a few hundred sim points left over and I thought I'd waste 'em on this. My sim gets stuck trying to use it, and just stands there and shows the little blocked path thought cloud. I'd give a screen shot but my game crashed so bad it won't even start, so I'm making a new user directory.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#8262 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
This might be a better question for NRAAS forums, but I just downloaded a few new SP modules, is there an auto setup thing? Woohooer has default settings, but right now I'm having a difficult time setting it up so townie sims can do all the things they're supposed to like flirt and go to work and all. Also I was very upset when I suddenly couldn't get any of my active house to flirt with anyone beyond dirty jokes. Now I can finally get my household to flirt, but no one will flirt back!

Most players find that the SP modules require no or very little adjusting from the standard default settings at least in the beginning. Sims, both actives and inactives, are pushed pretty hard to go to work/school when it is their work time, and SP tends to intensify those pushes. If a sim were to recover from being route stuck or gets reset and there is 10 minutes left in their work day, from what I see they still get pushed to work/school even though by then there is usually little point in showing up.

Whether and when sims are "supposed" to flirt depends on user preferences. If the link between Woohooer and SP is acting up on you, that means that either explicit caste settings need to be arranged in SP's age castes for flirts and romance to happen or the link between the two mods needs to be severed -- this is the way I play, it malfunctions on me far too often otherwise. NRaas > Woohooer > General > Link to Story Progression > False.

Beyond that though, yes we could probably be better able to assist at NRaas.
Mad Poster
#8263 Old 12th May 2019 at 11:53 PM
How many inactive sims get housed in an high-rise/penthouse?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#8264 Old 13th May 2019 at 12:27 AM
Most players find that the SP modules require no or very little adjusting from the standard default settings at least in the beginning. Sims, both actives and inactives, are pushed pretty hard to go to work/school when it is their work time, and SP tends to intensify those pushes. If a sim were to recover from being route stuck or gets reset and there is 10 minutes left in their work day, from what I see they still get pushed to work/school even though by then there is usually little point in showing up.

Whether and when sims are "supposed" to flirt depends on user preferences. If the link between Woohooer and SP is acting up on you, that means that either explicit caste settings need to be arranged in SP's age castes for flirts and romance to happen or the link between the two mods needs to be severed -- this is the way I play, it malfunctions on me far too often otherwise. NRaas > Woohooer > General > Link to Story Progression > False.

Beyond that though, yes we could probably be better able to assist at NRaas.

The town gossip mill calls Don Lothario the next Cassanova, and yet he sleeps in the guest room alone. This is the most chaste sleepover my sims have ever had above the age of child. I reset Story Progression's settings and the "romance" menu did pop up. Unfortunately, all romantic options seem to be met with neutral responses and not refusals or approvals. It says, "Don thinks Ruby is OK" no matter what she does.
Top Secret Researcher
#8265 Old 13th May 2019 at 4:35 AM
if you have woohooer, put it in debug mode. Then you get grayed out pie menu selections and if you hover over them it tells you why they are grayed out. STC fail, liking gate fail, etc.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#8266 Old 13th May 2019 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Anyone else have trouble with the Sims 3 store's "Hypnotizer"? I had a few hundred sim points left over and I thought I'd waste 'em on this. My sim gets stuck trying to use it, and just stands there and shows the little blocked path thought cloud. I'd give a screen shot but my game crashed so bad it won't even start, so I'm making a new user directory.

I have never had any problems with it, except that sims use it autonomously far too often, just like they do with most of the store objects. One thing to note though is that it tends to not work in small places (sims often need at least 2x3 in front of the hypnotizer [from what I can remember; haven't used it in a while], so they can obey commands like chicken behavior). Other than that, for me it works just perfectly fine when put in the right spot.
Scholar
#8267 Old 13th May 2019 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
if you have woohooer, put it in debug mode. Then you get grayed out pie menu selections and if you hover over them it tells you why they are grayed out. STC fail, liking gate fail, etc.

I ended up going into story progression and allowing flirts and romance for both genders with both genders as well as setting parameters for various life stages romances and flirts. I'm ok with teen/young adult romance, but not teen/adult or teen/elder. Young adults can be with teens, YA, or adults, but I find the YA/elder pairing not ok. Adults can be with YA, A, or E sims.
Scholar
#8268 Old 13th May 2019 at 2:15 PM
Does anybody know of a way I can prevent a party from happening elsewhere in a town when I am trying to get two of my sims married? Because the ceremony was about to start when the groom got a call from his soon to be brother-in-law who was having a pool party at his house. And that was, apparently, why half the people I invited didn't show up - they were all at his house! Then, just as my couple were about it tie the not, brother-in-law shows up and immediately changes into his Bermuda shorts! What an asshole!

I'm calling that one a dry run. Any suggestions?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Site Helper
#8269 Old 13th May 2019 at 3:46 PM
There's probably an easier way, but I have used Master Controller to force-invite the party guests to the lot at the time the party is supposed to start, in order to make them show up to my party rather than the party being thrown by someone who is probably not even home. I believe there is probably a function somewhere in either MC or SP that deals more directly with parties, but I have no idea where it would be. I just know that if there is something that really needs to be dealt with, it generally turns out that one of the NRAAS mods has a function that deals with it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#8270 Old 13th May 2019 at 8:57 PM
There is a command in MC to 'End Party', but when I tried that it ended my party too. So I won't try that again. I quit without saving after that, and have reverted to the backup save in hopes that the next time I try the other party won't happen, but I'm very much afraid it will. These things seem to get set up well in advance, just like one of my family getting a PD for peeing herself will probably happen again (that always seems to happen just as I'm about to have a wedding or something). I've not currently got SP installed, but I think I will try it and see what I can figure out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#8271 Old 13th May 2019 at 9:25 PM
Inactive resident parties, those hosted by sims not under our control, are like random loose cannons in our games. I do not believe there are any reliable ways to intervene without resetting the other household or switching into it to cancel the party, but those commands will likely unschedule your party as well. Hopefully on the next run through the other party won't happen if you can go back far enough to before it was scheduled, or maybe a different one will happen instead and hosted by someone else who doesn't steal all of your guests away. I like the bit about the brother-in-law showing up late anyway and attired for a swimming pool. Sounds like something that would happen in my real life family.
Scholar
#8272 Old 13th May 2019 at 11:03 PM
Well, fortunately the backup save is sufficiently earlier so that things might play out differently (fingers crossed). I suppose it was foolish of me to expect a wedding to go right for once, this is the Sims after all. I spent a lot of time and effort building and setting up the venue, and I went through the entire guest list to ensure everybody had suitable formal wear, only for one of them to pull a trick like that! Ho well, you're right though, real life families can be just as embarrassing at weddings - or worse. Thanks Igazor

Inventor
#8273 Old 14th May 2019 at 2:38 AM
If I were to buy the TS3 Starter Pack would I be stuck with the 1.69 patch? I read that if you buy the base game after 2012 you would have to update to 1.69, so I wonder if this is true or not. If true I may have to look into buying the game through Steam.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8274 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
If I were to buy the TS3 Starter Pack would I be stuck with the 1.69 patch? I read that if you buy the base game after 2012 you would have to update to 1.69, so I wonder if this is true or not. If true I may have to look into buying the game through Steam.

If the Starter Pack is being provided by Origin, then it's Patch 1.69 with no options to be offered. If the Starter Pack is retail disc based, then it depends on when the base game portion of it (it's really just a few discs being shipped together in that case) was manufactured, not when it is purchased. If there is an Origin logo on the box anywhere, then it was likely made after Sept 2012 and again it will be Origin and Patch 1.69 with no questions being asked. I don't think there were any Starter Packs by that name for sale prior to 2013, so likely the base game is one of the newer discs.

Steam installs are always Patch 1.67 with no Origin involvement. If you can wait until a sale happens, which is several times per year and there is usually one towards the end of June if not sooner, TS3 and all of the packs tend to be discounted up to 70-80% off on Steam.
Inventor
#8275 Old 14th May 2019 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Primavera : 14th May 2019 at 6:15 AM.
If the Starter Pack is being provided by Origin, then it's Patch 1.69 with no options to be offered. If the Starter Pack is retail disc based, then it depends on when the base game portion of it (it's really just a few discs being shipped together in that case) was manufactured, not when it is purchased. If there is an Origin logo on the box anywhere, then it was likely made after Sept 2012 and again it will be Origin and Patch 1.69 with no questions being asked. I don't think there were any Starter Packs by that name for sale prior to 2013, so likely the base game is one of the newer discs.

Steam installs are always Patch 1.67 with no Origin involvement. If you can wait until a sale happens, which is several times per year and there is usually one towards the end of June if not sooner, TS3 and all of the packs tend to be discounted up to 70-80% off on Steam.

The one I saw in my local Walmart had the Origin logo on it. And yes you're correct about the last part, I looked up the compilation packs and they were all released after 2012. That's still unfortunate, however, but I'm keeping an eye out for the next Steam sale. If I can't make this one the winter sale will be my next target.

EDIT: scratch that, there are compilation packs that were released before 2012, the Sims 3 Deluxe and Sims 3 plus Pets. Though I haven't seen those in stores for a long time. The Sims 3 plus Showtime/Supernatural/Seasons could be included here as well. Either way I'll start saving up some money for Steam.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 331 of 385