Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#8226 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 7:08 AM
What is the maximum number of houses a sims can own in total, across the available worlds, in a single normal save (1 homeworld, 1 China, 1 France, 1 Egypt, 1 Uni, 1 Future) ?

What if the save had 3 homeworlds instead? What would the maximum be then?

If anyone here knows the limit of ownable lots per world or per save, that would be helpful too. Though I would like to know if there are any inconveniences in trying to force a bunch of sims to live in one.

Even if there might not be a mod to do it, is it technically possible to raise those limits (for housing and ownable lots ownership) or is it hardcoded?

How do bills work in secondary houses in the same world? What if my sims own a house in another homeworld?

Is there a way to own houses in the University world? By owning I mean paying bills, not rent. And no, winning more than enough money to cover the rent using the roommate system is not considered owing the house.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#8227 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:31 PM
I play with a butler in my supernatural challenge household. My vampire sim killed the first one by accident and there was a replacement. But after a period of time, there was a another butler an so on. Now I had like 4 different butlers! Is this normal or a glitch?

Happy-Go-Lucky
Lab Assistant
#8228 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 8:31 PM
Can I have ONE default replacement skin and eyes, but also have multiple non default skins&eyes in the game at the same time? or do I have to decide between one default and having multiple ndr?
Lab Assistant
#8229 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Can I have ONE default replacement skin and eyes, but also have multiple non default skins&eyes in the game at the same time? or do I have to decide between one default and having multiple ndr?

You can have both, it's what most people do!
Lab Assistant
#8230 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 7:03 AM
@Deniisu Thank you for answering. It's the first time I want to use ndr custom skin and some eye contacts - although my mods and cc folder is almost 5 gb, there are no skins, except for one default ^^
The skin package files have to go into the mods folder too, right?
Lab Assistant
#8231 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@Deniisu Thank you for answering. It's the first time I want to use ndr custom skin and some eye contacts - although my mods and cc folder is almost 5 gb, there are no skins, except for one default ^^
The skin package files have to go into the mods folder too, right?

The replacement on Mods/Overrides and the non-defaults in Mods/Packages and you're done
Lab Assistant
#8232 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 9:07 AM
Thank you very much, Deniisu. It's good to learn something new every day
Mad Poster
#8233 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:55 PM
What happens If a single particular rabbit hole gets delete from the world? Do sims with its associated career get unemployed when switching to live? Do sims relocate to another rabbit hole If there happens to be a spare one? What If its place quite later, will this have Sims their previous job reassign again or will it be random one?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8234 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 6:02 PM
I do know that if you delete the school, kids no longer have to go to school.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#8235 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I do know that if you delete the school, kids no longer have to go to school.

That's something you can dream about before waking up :C

Site Helper
#8236 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:38 PM
I believe that if there is a second rabbithole in place when the first is deleted, sims should switch to that one. Otherwise, they become unemployed when their rabbithole is deleted, and immediately lose their career level, even if the game was paused when you deleted the rabbithole and immediately added a new one before unpausing.

At least, I remember really messing up the career of one of my sims by deciding that my Emperor of Evil was the sort of guy who would prefer to run business out of a bar with a secret back room rather than a drafty old warehouse three blocks away from the police station.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8237 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 12:13 PM
How to get couch shell for my mermaid Sim? Turning a Sim into one via master control didn't provide her one

Undead Molten Llama
#8238 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:35 PM
I'm doing my once-in-a-blue-moon poking at TS3 -- because I like to do the World Adventures quests, mostly -- and I've run into a problem in Al Simhara. In one of the quest chains, you have to visit a residential household that has a library in the basement of the house. Problem is, the game decided to make BOTH residents of that house into market vendors. So, they're never home and that house can never be visited, effectively ending the biggest quest chain thing in that world. Which sucks.

So, I'm wondering if there's a way to force the game to reassign the vendor roles in existing iterations of the WA worlds. I poked in the options in Master Controller and I didn't find anything promising, but I confess that I don't really understand all that that mod does because I am by no means a TS3 expert, as I'm mostly TS2-only. So....I thought I'd throw a question over here, see if anyone knows how I might accomplish this.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#8239 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I'm doing my once-in-a-blue-moon poking at TS3 -- because I like to do the World Adventures quests, mostly -- and I've run into a problem in Al Simhara. In one of the quest chains, you have to visit a residential household that has a library in the basement of the house. Problem is, the game decided to make BOTH residents of that house into market vendors. So, they're never home and that house can never be visited, effectively ending the biggest quest chain thing in that world. Which sucks.

So, I'm wondering if there's a way to force the game to reassign the vendor roles in existing iterations of the WA worlds. I poked in the options in Master Controller and I didn't find anything promising, but I confess that I don't really understand all that that mod does because I am by no means a TS3 expert, as I'm mostly TS2-only. So....I thought I'd throw a question over here, see if anyone knows how I might accomplish this.

Yes, but the Role Sim assignments are managed by and can be set/unset using NRaas Register, not MasterController.
Undead Molten Llama
#8240 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes, but the Role Sim assignments are managed by and can be set/unset using NRaas Register, not MasterController.

Ahhhh, and I'm pretty sure I have that, too! Thank you! :D

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#8241 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Ahhhh, and I'm pretty sure I have that, too! Thank you! :D

The assignment (unassignment) options should be under NRaas > Register on the role giving objects, which in this case would be the market cash registers they are staffing.
Scholar
#8242 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 11:39 PM
With wikispaces for nrass gone I can't seem to find if there is a way to tune the medical career events "vaccination clinic" and "free clinic". The game is pushing to many patients to these and I wondered if I could limit them.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#8243 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
With wikispaces for nrass gone I can't seem to find if there is a way to tune the medical career events "vaccination clinic" and "free clinic". The game is pushing to many patients to these and I wondered if I could limit them.

In case you hadn't realized, we haven't disappeared. We moved to our new site as Wikispaces was going out of business.
https://www.nraas.net/community
Mad Poster
#8244 Old 1st May 2019 at 7:01 PM
So I have a market of five different WA cash registers, but only two merchants tend them. What gives?

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8245 Old 3rd May 2019 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So I have a market of five different WA cash registers, but only two merchants tend them. What gives?
Not enough Sims available to man them? In a default game WA registers are manned by unemployed residents.
If you use NRaas Register other conditions may apply according to your personal settings, but you may have set it such that it also prevents Sims from being assigned to these jobs.

Another reason can be that you placed the registers such that Sims cannot reach them.
Mad Poster
#8246 Old 3rd May 2019 at 12:25 PM
Took some time, but all of them are tending.

Top Secret Researcher
#8247 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is there any significiants in using a hang out over plain "Visitors allowed" lot assignment? The wiki is unclear about that.

I believe both have hours that are 24/7, but Visitors Allowed lots cannot be purchased by sims

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#8248 Old 5th May 2019 at 3:37 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 6th May 2019 at 12:18 AM.
<del>Does anyone know if the Arranged Marriage Arch, made by Marhis and then updated by Inge Jones, still works? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8196.0.html It is quite old, so I'm not overly hopeful.</del>

Never mind tried it out. doesn't even show up anymore.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#8249 Old 5th May 2019 at 6:52 PM
Is there a way to shrink down the size of a lot? For example, I knew that in TS4, you can place a 64x64 lot on a 15x15 lot and, while you don't have as much control of the lot placement as you do in TS3 (or at least so I remember), it's still doable. You loose some of the lot's contents if there is any to loose in the cut out squares, but the advantage is that you can resize the lot.

Basically that's what I want: to resize the lot.

So, is there a method to resize a TS3 lot without losing all of the content?

For example, if I have a 10x10 house in the middle of a 64x64 lot, can I move it to a 15x15 lot?
Mad Poster
#8250 Old 5th May 2019 at 7:46 PM
Short answer: no.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 330 of 385