Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 7:11 PM
Default Alice
Alice Through the Looking Glass for a new generation.

9 months of creative effort went into making this machinima piece with the Sims 2. I'm sure I could have made it quicker, but, I lost my creative edge about 1/4th the way thru and had to wait on its return lol.

Anyway, I'd noticed that this was obviously a theme people wanted to see and have tried time and time again but its rarely successful, so, I thought I'd give it a turn myself.

I focused more on creating a new version of Wonderland with the characters and didn't stick with the "story" at all, hoping that maybe it would give the story itself a bit of a new foundation. It's still a bit cliche'd in my opinion, but, its a timeless classic of sorts so I think there isn't much way to avoid that entirely, but I gave it an honest attempt at least.

Enjoy

*soundtrack includes music by Marilyn Manson, and soundbytes from Freesound.org, and Disney*

YouTube:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZtuBibn8yA

HiRes Download:: www.simspremiere.com/onejovialsim.htm
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 9:45 PM
that is the most creepy but awesome sim video i have ever seen!! I loved it, it was so good. Your extremely talented!

stop by my personal site here. Now wouldn't that be awesome?
#3 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 1:51 PM
That was stunning!
Which video editor did you use?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:59 PM
That was a wonderful film. Great use of chroma keying! Wish I could come out with results like that. :P

I loved the dark tone, the lighting was pretty damn good, it was all just great.
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 3:16 PM
Wow! Thanks for watching!

NotACrime, I use Adobe Premiere for movie editing.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:51 PM
It was amazing!! I loved the sets,lighting, story, characters... everything!!

I hate people...........
#7 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 1:44 AM
Whoa! That was...creepy and awesome at the same time! I loved the music and everything about it! Awesome job!!
Fluffy
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:18 PM
holy crap, that was well done
I'm not sure if I got the whole plot thing, but damn, that was well done.
Great work
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 8:03 AM
OMG, I love this video... Don't remember Alice in Wonderland being so, well...Creepy. Wonderful Job

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
#10 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 12:54 PM
wow, that was great! Just..um..not so sure I should've watched it at 4am. *turns the lights on* Great job
#11 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 2:40 PM
Hot, real hot.

Totally reminds of that creepy Alice in Wonderland PC game from a few years back...
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 2:19 AM
Finally, a Manson video.

EDIT: A good Manson video.
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Egyptian Shinobi
Finally, a Manson video.

EDIT: A good Manson video.

Thank you! That's something I've wanted for a long while too, and after seeing way too many Alice/Manson machinima failures, I decided it was something I'd just have to take into my own hands and get the job done.

Thanks so much for watching all
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:15 PM
Holy moo cows batman! That was terrific! It was creepy, yet compelling and I couldn't look away though at some parts seemed so twisted, but in a good way twisted. I'm just in awe.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:01 PM
WOW! amazing work
Instructor
#16 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:14 AM
Omg. That is so awesome!
Theorist
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 11:12 AM
That was the most amazing video I've ever seen made with The Sims 2!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 4:16 AM
Brilliant. o____________________o
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:02 PM
amazing.
great work!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 2:09 PM
:elephant: I have ever seen a vidéos sims like that!!I love your style !!it's great.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 5:21 PM
THAT WAS SO GREAT!!! pretty creepy aswell. What movie editing programme did you use?

rock n roll can never stop being the best music
along with rap
sims 2 is a classic game .
Fave band:GreenDay
#22 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 9:08 PM
definitely a work of art. I have so much to learn still I'm taking notes!
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:16 AM
That was sooo good. My two favourite Marilyn songs and my all time favourite story.
It was wicked

Love Heidi xx
#24 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 10:19 PM
Nice video, kinda creepy though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 11:47 PM
I love the Alice video and it's sequal so much. They are definatly some of the best sim movies I have ever seen!

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Page 1 of 2