Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:10 PM
Default The sims 3 is surprising its creators, and is fun and hugely entertaining to play!
I just finished reading an article at gamesindustry that was very informative and interesting. The article states the Sims3 is already up and running and fully playable as a 2d game. They also seem to have made the game more fun to play. The article is long, but well worth the read. It shows how they made the game fun to play.

Here's the excerpt I was referring to.

QUOTE; In fact, by the time the 3D engine was created, the studio already had The Sims 3 up and running in its entirety - as a fully playable 2D game. Every piece of the design was implemented in this prototype, from character personalities to object interactions, careers and so on. It may only have been made of labelled squares and circles, but the 2D version includes the entire town - and was so advanced that the team even used it to try out some user interface ideas.

The advantages of building this prototype rather than going straight to the 3D version are obvious; by the time the world was being implemented in 3D, the team already knew that they had a working game on their hands. Moreover, they knew that they had something fun - and The Sims 3 was already capable of surprising its creators with the emergent behaviour that came out of its complex, trait-based character creation system. Some of those traits rapidly turned out to be both anti-social - and hugely entertaining.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ping-the-sims-3
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:36 PM
So, it's a fully playable game already minus the graphics and sound? Interesting. Maybe it will come out sooner than we thought. I don't know how long the 3D graphics will take to make, but I hope they can release TS3 early 2009, that'd be great.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 5:52 PM
man that is a seriously interesting article. It really shows how much thought they're putting into it
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:38 PM
that was a great article. I am so excited.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 3:49 AM
This article has made me seriously excited for the game. It sounds amazing!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 2:12 PM
ROD HUMBLE? Omg great. Tell him to leave us alone, we don't need more PCs!